DC Films Black Adam (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliakrep

Civilian
Reaction score
Black Adam (2021) - Teaser Trailer Dwayne Johnson - 4K UHD

Overview
Dwayne Johnson is set to star as the DC Comics anti-hero in this film directed by Jaume Collet-Serra.
The DC FanDome panel presented concept art of what fans can expect from the Shazam spin-off,

Last edited:
Interesting that they're going the antihero route, and I wonder whether whatever happens in this outing will set Adam up as a villain for Shazam 2.

Needless to say, this has been a long time coming and I'm glad that it's finally going ahead.

Interesting that they're going the antihero route, and I wonder whether whatever happens in this outing will set Adam up as a villain for Shazam 2.

Needless to say, this has been a long time coming and I'm glad that it's finally going ahead.

I dont think he's in Shazam 2. They seemed to have already written the script.

I picture it as being similar to Dracula Untold whereby he will be sympathetic for most of the film but end up having made decisions that basically make redemption impossible and you are prepared for his villainy down the road.

I also could see his story being one of toxic nationalism that gives way to authoritarianism.

he really is a great character.

I dont think he's in Shazam 2. They seemed to have already written the script.
Scripts change. Until it starts filming nothing is set in concrete, surely?

Regardless, and as @SuperRouth has stated, if Adam isn't the villain of Shazam 2, WB would be fools not to include him in a cameo or post credit scene, thus setting up Shazam 3.

Black Adam isn't the sort of character I can see getting his own trilogy. Villains generally don't get that treatment.

Scripts change. Until it starts filming nothing is set in concrete, surely?

Regardless, and as @SuperRouth has stated, if Adam isn't the villain of Shazam 2, WB would be fools not to include him in a cameo or post credit scene, thus setting up Shazam 3.

Black Adam isn't the sort of character I can see getting his own trilogy. Villains generally don't get that treatment.

The script has no reason to change if its already been approved.

WB are fools.

Suicide Squad/Harley Quinn would like to have a word. Same with Venom.

I went from not caring a lick about this movie to be AMPED UP in fell swoop thanks to Dwayne Johnson. He sold it. He sold the character, the concept, the story. You can tell he’s passionate about this project. They need to fast track production on this. I wanna see this asap.

It is fast tracked. It was to film in July, but COVID delayed it. It should start quickly once stuff resumes.

I said in the Black Panther thread that I really wanted Aldis Hodge for T’Challa, but I support Marvel & DC movies featuring the best talent. Bring on... Carter Hall aka Hawkman!

Yeah. Not gonna lie. Was kind of hoping if Marvel was going to recast Black Panther, they would go with him

Tbd now after that concept trailer was released just two months ago.... I know this is going to be delayed but no new date, Wb is a mess. But its fine, I'm not interested in a Black Adam movie anyway.

They need to be smart and have Black Adam in the Shazam sequel. I’m hopeful that the delay might lead to that.

That’s insane to think about. Doesn’t feel like that long at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"