Black Adam set to premiere in 2021

It will be interesting if WB and Rock wants Cavill to guest appear but Rock's ex and Cavill say no.

When did WB say no ? They wanted him to cameo in Shazam but Cavill said no. Again, Cavill (or his agent, who's Rocks ex-wife ) may say no.

WB said no when team HC wanted $$$$ and creative control

But this time if producer Garcias and The Rock and team HC come along and ask for $$$$ and BA vs Sup, would WB say no F off, or, dear Rock, we'll do whatever you wish

Curious about the time setting of this.

I had assumed it'd all take place in ancient times but the JSA stuff puts that into question.
Will it just be seeing the past lives of the Hawks, or are there other time periods involved?
Will it have a modern day framing device like WW?
Part of me worries they'll skip over the ancient times in 20 minutes and this'll be a "man out of time" comedy.

"Oh no, Adam thinks planes are dragons and he's smashing up the airport!"
"Oh no, now he's fighting the JSA over another humourous misunderstanding""

Would be so strange if Black Adam would be the movie that helps start another Superman movie somehow...but i would take it.

In general im so hyped for Black Adam, not just because of the rock, the more we hear the more excited do i get.

The involvement of the JSA is intriguing. If it works, the WB May have found a way to do a big team up movie down the line while sidestepping residue from JL and the Snyderverse. I wonder if they’ll introduce Alan Scott and if so, will they tie him to the GL Corps (thus paving the way for a GLC TV series or movie) or keep him separate from all that?

I am even more hyped now

tenor.gif

I would love it if we get a fight between Fate & BA, Nabu hopefully be teaching BA a lesson or two lol.

God yes, give me Dr. Fate. Such an awesome and underutilized character that could look amazing with a big budget.

Hmm.

A part of me wants this to set up more movies with JSA.

The other part of me wants this all to be a misdirect (including the Rock's tweet about Black Adam as a 'superhero') and really Black Adam just destroys the JSA by the end of the film.

I want to see these special combos!

JSA appearing is great news and made me even more excited to see what they do with this.

I remain skeptical. Black Adam is a character that is *really* easy to mess up, even if he remains entirely disconnected from Captain Marvel. . . and given the way Shazam worked, that would be kind of hard.

‘Joker’ DP Says the Goal with ‘Black Adam’ Is to Continue to “Reshape” What a Comic Book Movie Is

During a post-screening Q&A, the cinematographer hinted that we may see a DC movie that’s not entirely unlike Joker when Black Adam rolls around, as Sher said they hope to continue to push the boundaries of what a “comic book movie” is while still making a grand piece of entertainment:

“One of my interests about it is to continue to sort of—and we’ve talked about it with Dwayne and obviously with Jaume and DC—can we continue to sort of reshape what a comic book movie is? Like yes of course you want it to be entertaining and it has to make a decent amount of money so it can’t live in such a fringe place that it doesn’t bring people in, but can we do something inventive? So that’s the goal is to continue to try to do something a bit inventive with it.”

I think BA doing showdowns with JSA/Hawkman through time is pretty inventive, if he gets to fight WW in another time period then Superman in the modern day that'd be pretty fresh too. Don't think MCU has gotten a chance to do that yet.

But if they're talking about edgy and pushing boundaries they could always go to him doing genocide and murdering kid nephews....even Joker went some places....but IDK, I think Rock wants to make BA a cool Superman so the most they'd go is probably what The Equalizer was doing with Washington, getting permission to slaughter the Russian gangs.

IDK if The Rock wants to have people jumping off the bandwagon halfway through the film and anticipate him as a villain, he kept on talking about "misunderstood" hero or something

Surely we will be getting a Shazam cameo in this now the sequel is out a few months later?

Who knows?
Maybe.
There seems to be more to the timing, though, right?

I think getting BA in post-credit scenes of Shazam 2 is more likely.

Ya The Rock in Shazam will top the Sup cameo, which had my audience excited even though he didn’t have a head.

Let’s hope we get The Rock’s head this time.

Gee I could write an exclusive about this lol, and I will be 99% likely to be correct.

A Levi cameo in BA is totally gonna be a “Starlord who?” moment for the general audience

I am even more hyped now

tenor.gif

I would love it if we get a fight between Fate & BA, Nabu hopefully be teaching BA a lesson or two lol.

That looks cool. I honestly don't see the need for a Black Adam film, any more than a Riddler or Penguin film. But, if Doc Fate was in it it might be worth seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"