DC Films Black Adam (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, of all the movies of 2022 so far (not just comic book movies), The Batman is still my top. It’s not just a great comic book movie, but a great movie in general.

It’s weird because it’s one of those movies that’s great and I love it, but it doesn’t have much rewatch value, IMO (at least not all the way through). Marvel movies are ones I can always go back to and have it on in background though.

I have no hopes for this. I look forward to watching it on HBO Max on a Sunday afternoon.

If they announce Cavill is back as Superman and he’s in this movie, then I’m in.

Rock was teasing something on the Late Show with Jimmy Kimmel I was also thinking Superman vs Black Adam or Shazam

I know that they. will not be Livstreaming the WB panel.
But, they used to allow Liveblogging, online reporting of the event as it happened.
Anybody doing that?

Found a guy liveblogging, its a you tube channel called Basically DC.
He will also be liveblogging the Marvel panel later today.

Found a guy liveblogging, its a you tube channel called Basically DC.
He will also be liveblogging the Marvel panel later today.

isn’t the marvel panel actually being streamed though?

I'm not overly excited about the movie but at least they haven't shown 2/3rd of the movie in the trailers. I feel like I don't know the plot too well at this point, which I prefer.

Also, no Cavill which means John Campea will be crying in his sleep.

21986679.gif

I just can't gauge what this film is trying to be or is it because i don't really rate Dwayne Johnson.
DC i hope you know what your doing!

I thought today was a really embarrassing day for DC and WB. David Zaslav has a lot of work to do that’s for sure.

It also doesn't help that DC has so many internal problems as well.
  • Amber Heard's reputation is now ruined after losing her defamation case against Johnny Depp.
  • Ezra Miller is currently on run after being involved in a series of troubling incidents and affairs.
  • Wonder Woman 1984 was a critical disappointment.
  • Cavill's Superman and Affleck's Batman will soon be replaced.
Given the Rock's personality, I'm confident that he'll try taking over the DCEU brand if BA ends up being successful at the box office.

I'm the biggest Rock fan and Black Adam is a cool character, but every single teaser/trailer/footage makes me less excited about this movie.

You have to hand it to Dwayne Johnson though. He’s one of the best at showmanship. He came in full costume and entertained the crap out of everyone there. I don’t know how Black Adam will turn out, but he’s been great at hyping it up.

I was looking at his costume detail, in all of the trailers he's wearing all black accessories and his symbol is charred. But on the SDCC panel he had all of the classic gold accessories on and his symbol was bright. And looking at some of the new shots, you can see the gold under the soot. It's a nice little character progression into a hero.

You have to hand it to Dwayne Johnson though. He’s one of the best at showmanship. He came in full costume and entertained the crap out of everyone there. I don’t know how Black Adam will turn out, but he’s been great at hyping it up.

For sure, i wished the WB head would feel as passionate as this man.

Anyway, trailer didnt really show anything outstanding new, more of the same incredible cool stuff.
Im really hyped for this movie, it looks like it could be insane.

And the idea we could get more JSA stuff after this, ah we are eating good.

I thought the trailer was nice. Johnson seems to be doing something a little different than his usual schtick which is nice. The JSA looks cool too. Not sure if the story will be any good but I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I saw a trailer for this at the theaters this weekend, and. . . ugh. Like, I really want this to be good, I like Black Adam, and I like the JSA. But the trailer just makes it look completely lifeless. I'm not sure if they are deliberately trying to make it overly grim and serious ( my wife's take ), versus trying to make something light-hearted and sincere and just failing badly at it ( my take, currently ).

This movie really doesn't look remotely grim or all that serious to me. The character just isn't exactly lighthearted to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"