The Mandalorian Chapter Eight Spoiler Thread (Season 1 Finale)

This episode was incredible.
IG riding in on the speeder bike and dropping stormtroopers left and right got me HYPED.
The Armorer‘s kills were brutal. Definitely hoping we see more of that.
I loved the opening with the scouts :funny:

What a great finale. Easily my favorite episode to date. Taika did an awesome job directing, which is hardly a shock.

I would've been fine if they'd never taken off his helmet in the entire series, but I liked the way they did it here, and if they were gonna do it at all, I'm glad they got it out of the way so soon before it got built up too much.

Wonderful finale. I was not expecting to see Darksaber so that was a treat and my sappy self loved hearing Mando being acknowledged as the child's father. That scene where he graps his leg melted me. Now he just needs to name it.

I think its safe to say this season was serious business for the most part. Sadly Filoni's second episode was the weak link in what was mostly solid story telling. Even BDH did a pretty good job with her turn at the wheel

I thought Chapter 6 was the weakest episode personally.

I can't stop staring at this gif. It's so cute. :funny:
94a6b010d5252f30c834272a130553fa0f64073f.gifv

Can Favreau, chow and taika redo the bull**** trilogy we just received. I mean despite a few hiccup episodes which were still quite enjoyable for me this was such a bad ass series with a kick ass finale. THIS is real Star Wars.... not the useless mediocrity that’s been peddled out as canon.

So while Mando was going on about leave me, ....can't remove helmet, .....protect the baby. Was anyone else thinking he should just finally yank his helmet off, and put it over the Yoby! :funny:

Interesting that it was Death Watch that found and raised him, they have always been shown as hardline traditionalists so I assume that will be the reason they don't take off the helmets while many in the likes of Rebels did.

I was watching the episode again and I noticed something, Giddeon seems to refers to Dyn as a "decommisioned Mandalorian" and it got me thinking.

We know that at the end of Rebels (just before R1 and ANH) the Mandalorian people tried to rise up and free themselves from the Empire, but it seems highly likely that the Empire came down on them hard and the attempt was unsuccessful. The use of the term "decommissioned" makes me wonder if the Empire's solution for dealing with the Mandalorians was to force a complete disarmament. Ban the wearing of Mandalorian armour, take their supplies of Beskar, stop them from ever being able to rise up against the Empire again.

That would mean that the Mandalorians we see in the series are those who refused to disarm, who fled and hid rather than give up their traditions. From what we have seen of the Mandalorians in the series they do seem to be hardcore traditionals who would not have been willing to give up their beliefs and traditions under any circumstance.

It would be interesting if by the end of season 2 Dyn has gotten hold of the Darksaber as we might see more about what has happened the Mandalore, and see the effects of someone appearing with the Darksaber.

So what I gather is what we just witnessed with the armorer is how the clans of Mandalore all formed. At some point in the distant past clans like Vizla were a single person that did something to earn a signet and that was the start of their clan. Which I guess makes the Mandalore system sort of like America. It was founded by immigrants. And those immigrants went on to have children that were natural born Mandalorians, but Mandalore continues to honor the old Way so anyone from anywhere can start a clan if they earn it and follow the Way.

So while Mando was going on about leave me, ....can't remove helmet, .....protect the baby. Was anyone else thinking he should just finally yank his helmet off, and put it over the Yoby! :funny:
I'm certainly looking forward to Baby Yode getting his own armor!

The Darksaber looks better in live action than I could have hoped for. Sucks that we probably wont get to see it used against a lightsaber in this show.

I was watching the episode again and I noticed something, Giddeon seems to refers to Dyn as a "decommisioned Mandalorian" and it got me thinking.

We know that at the end of Rebels (just before R1 and ANH) the Mandalorian people tried to rise up and free themselves from the Empire, but it seems highly likely that the Empire came down on them hard and the attempt was unsuccessful. The use of the term "decommissioned" makes me wonder if the Empire's solution for dealing with the Mandalorians was to force a complete disarmament. Ban the wearing of Mandalorian armour, take their supplies of Beskar, stop them from ever being able to rise up against the Empire again.

That would mean that the Mandalorians we see in the series are those who refused to disarm, who fled and hid rather than give up their traditions. From what we have seen of the Mandalorians in the series they do seem to be hardcore traditionals who would not have been willing to give up their beliefs and traditions under any circumstance.

It would be interesting if by the end of season 2 Dyn has gotten hold of the Darksaber as we might see more about what has happened the Mandalore, and see the effects of someone appearing with the Darksaber.

That's what the English did to the Scottish after the Jacobites were defeated at Culloden. Clan colors and tartans and weapons were banned.

I know I've watched the Witcher too much when the armorer said Mando is the kid's father now, I expected Mando to go "****...".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"