The Mandalorian Chapter Eight Spoiler Thread (Season 1 Finale)

I'm certainly looking forward to Baby Yode getting his own armor!
Just as Tarre Vizsla became the first Mandolorian Jedi, Baby Yoda can become the first Yoda species Mandalorian.

That's what the English did to the Scottish after the Jacobites were defeated at Culloden. Clan colors and tartans and weapons were banned.

Yeah that was one of the things I thought of.

The Mandalorian's weren't on just one planet, they were spread across multiple systems, yet the series acts like the Mandalorians we see are basically all that is left, small groups hiding in sewers. But the Empire couldn't have wiped out the Mandalorian people as that would be death on a level beyond Alderan, and if that had happened the question would be why no-one has ever spoken about it in any comic, book or TV series until now. The answer could be that "The Purge" was instead a cultural genocide, the striping of the Mandalorian cultural identity, something deeply destructive for Mandalorians but not something the people in rest of the galaxy might care much about. The Mandalorians we see in the series being the ones who consider themselves to be the 'True Mandalorians', exiled from Mandalore for refusing to give up their traditions.

Finale was good. Not quite as good as 7, but Chow set the bar pretty high.

That said, that climactic setpiece with Mando vs. TIE Fighter was aces. Feels like the show saved a third of its total budget for this episode, and in that sequence it went to really good use.

I don't feel entirely intrigued about what they're going to do with the series going forward, but at the same time that's kind of beside the point. This is more a show that you're engaged with in the moment with it. And that's cool, too.

Damn this was a very fun finale. Loaded with payoffs too, Mando's name, his unmasking, seeing the black smith again, finishing the Mandalorian's flash back in the Clone Wars, all perfect.

So I had heard would be live action cameos from the Star Wars Rebels cartoon, is the dark saber and Mandalorian soliders in the flash back meant to be those cameos?

Okay but for real, when will we get a sneak peek of the Kenobi show? Will Mandalorian Season 2 happen before it releases?
I think it's all but guaranteed that Mando Season 2 will be out first, it's confirmed for Fall 2020. I don't think we have release dates for the Cassian or Kenobi shows yet.

I think it's all but guaranteed that Mando Season 2 will be out first, it's confirmed for Fall 2020. I don't think we have release dates for the Cassian or Kenobi shows yet.

If they dropped the Cassian show, I really wouldn't be upset. I feel there's other characters they could do that would spark more interest and hype. Still think a Darth Bane show would be awesome. Maybe they're saving that era for the big screen.

The Cassian show has potential for cool stuff. His background as a Seperatist, the shady operations potentially with Saw Gerrera, interesting Imperial characters new and old...it’s also roughly set the same time as Rebels so there’s potential for crossover.

It also seems like it might be less episodic than this show’s format, which might be a plus for some people.

The Incinerator Trooper from the Force Unleashed games as well!

Yes, that was awesome. I wish thet would release the games for the PS4. They put Jedi Outcast II on the store not too long ago. Been enjoying that. I haven't played it in years.

The Cassian show has potential for cool stuff. His background as a Seperatist, the shady operations potentially with Saw Gerrera, interesting Imperial characters new and old...it’s also roughly set the same time as Rebels so there’s potential for crossover.

It also seems like it might be less episodic than this show’s format, which might be a plus for some people.
Had he even ever met Saw Gerrera before? He didn't even interact with him in Rogue One.

Had he even ever met Saw Gerrera before? He didn't even interact with him in Rogue One.

I don’t really think it matters. Saw was a founding figure of the Rebel Alliance and at least stayed on friendly terms with them until Rebels Season 4, so it wouldn’t be a stretch for him to have scenes with Mon Mothma or something.

But who knows? Maybe he did meet Cassian before. Saw was fairly insane by that point in Rogue One, the only person he had any meaning interactions with was his surrogate daughter and even then he didn’t seem all there.

So, you're upset that I posted it, or that Screen Rant wrote an article? I'm unclear.
Probably both plus a few more things he hasn't mentioned yet....because he is trying to live up to his username....as usual.

And with that episode I have to flip the bird to R2D2, C3P0 and BB-8 because IG-11 will go down as my favorite droid in Star Wars history after this show. Really liked that it will at least in part have changed Mando's feelings on droids in general.
TerribleEducatedAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

That final scene with him using the jetpack against the TIE fighter was incredible genuinely felt like a movie at that point. And from what little I have read about it stoked to see the darksabre will feature in season 2.

Just sucks we have to wait so long for season 2.

Less than a year is long?

I remember the days of waiting 3 years between Star Wars sequels.
When you have binged through an entire season in like 4 days yeah being told you now have to wait 10 months to get any more stings a bit lol.

Im not complaining though show's made to a crazy high standards so realize it must take a lot of work to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"