The Mandalorian Chapter Twelve Spoiler Discussion

qAnqj5D.gif

Better. Just place Eddie Redmayne's head yelling things like "GOOOOOO" and "I HAVE CREATED LIFE" from Jupiter Ascending over her the entire time.

The one and only good Eddie Redmayne performance, fight me.

Also I don't know if this Carl Weathers directoral debut in general or just for this show, but that's really cool imo. Hopefully it goes well for him and us. :D

Wow

This was one hell of an episode, almost movie quality like. Awesome action pieces and lots of well done comedic moments. The opening with Mando instructing The Child what to do with the wires :funny:

I wonder exactly what Gideon wants The Child’s blood for. Trying to clone Palpatine perhaps?

Props to Carl Weathers. Did an excellent job directing this episode. Hopefully he gets to direct more in future seasons

This definitely feels like a detour before getting to Ahsoka, but we knew that's what it would be, and it was pretty well executed. Plus, we did move the plot forward a little bit with the cloning and Moff Gideon stuff.

Probably just the troopers near Moff Gideon at the end of the episode. A new type of Clone trooper or something though they might also be Dark Troopers. I guess it could be you-know-who. The inclusion of cloning is one in a long line of sequel trilogy connections. The way they are going about it is pretty subtle most of the time though.

Last edited:
Can anyone fill me in on the length of this episode?

Apparently, Snoke's theme is playing in the lab.

If Moff Tarkin's plans are a precursor to the Emperor being cloned afterwards, then I'm wondering if this is what will motivate Luke to start looking for the sith artifacts.

My memory is a bit vague at the moment but wasn't it revealed in TROS that Luke and Lando were looking for sith artifacts, concerning clues that would lead them to the Emperor's location?

My memory is a bit vague at the moment but wasn't it revealed in TROS that Luke and Lando were looking for sith artifacts, concerning clues that would lead them to the Emperor's location?
I believe that's correct. The map to Luke Skywalker was actually part of that search as well right? Just meant to lead to that planet and not to him.

If Moff Tarkin's plans are a precursor to the Emperor being cloned afterwards, then I'm wondering if this is what will motivate Luke to start looking for the sith artifacts.
Yep, that checks out!

Well this episode was incredible, possibly the best yet, of this season at least. Loving the Razorcrest getting some action this season. And the action here was like movie level quality. Ironically I thought this was a good episode for Cara Dune also.

Can we give Carl Weathers his own Star Wars show to direct please?

Carl Weathers really did a bang up job directing this episode, especially the set pieces. The Tie Fighters taking on the Razor Crest towards the end was pretty awesome and I don't know why but I thought the opening fight with Cara Dune was well done too, because it showed off Gina Carano's physicality in a great way.

The Baby Yoda stuff was insanely cute in this episode as well, especially the bit with the wires and I'm glad we got more info/progression with what Moff Gideon is actually doing this season with the cloning and needing Baby Yoda's blood which was definitely interesting.

It was a solid episode overall, but I am so ready for the second half of this season which I just noticed we have not seen any footage from yet in the trailers. There has to be a reason Disney is keeping so much of this season under wraps and I'm guessing it all starts with episode 5.

Seems that we got a little tease of the Dark Trooper towards the end in that bay where Gideon was hanging out. The black armor like material hanging on the walls bares a striking resemblance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"