The Mandalorian Chapter Twelve Spoiler Discussion

Hmm... really? That's actually the first time I'm hearing it.

I didn't realize that anyone was against the idea of new conflicts emerging within the SW universe, post ROTJ.

Back when "Legends" was still considered to be the (unofficial) canon to the SW lore, there were numerous new enemies/threats that the New Republic faced after the fall of the Empire. I had previously hoped that Disney would bring in the likes of the Vong as the main villains for the ST and not a redux version of the Empire.

Lee... YOUR arguement is that because there's still conflict and bad guys in the post Ep VI timeline that every action taken by the heroes in the OT is a "failure" ultimately.

That's literally you saying it.

Lee... YOUR arguement is that because there's still conflict and bad guys in the post Ep VI timeline that every action taken by the heroes in the OT is a "failure" ultimately.

Okay, my apologies if that's how my post came off since that wasn't my intent.

In my opinion, Snoke is just an extension of Emperor Palpatine. A threat that all of us thought was gone and done at the conclusion of ROTJ.

We spent six films dealing with the rise of Darth Sidious, ending in the Skywalkers finally ending his reign of terror.

So for Disney/Abrams to say that this was not the case, that the Empire never really died, and that it had to be Rey who finally brought an end to that conflict is a failure imho.

I really love the quality of the series. Effects, sets, budget. But I start getting bored about this: "I help you after you help me"-concept every single episode. I miss a more developed season-arc, which continuing every episode. Its just like we follow Mando visiting some random planets every week and from the 4 episodes nearly everyone felt like a filler in a way.

It does undermine the OT and Luke's journey epecially if you have the same problem pop up and Luke wasn't able to do anything about it. That problem is compounded when they reveal he didn't even manage to defeat Palpatine and it takes a new unrelated character to correct his failures. Luke is replaced because he fails and we're given the same villains.

It does undermine the OT and Luke's journey epecially if you have the same problem pop up and Luke wasn't able to do anything about it. That problem is compounded when they reveal he didn't even manage to defeat Palpatine and it takes a new unrelated character to correct his failures. Luke is replaced because he fails and we're given the same villains.

Agreed.

Honestly, I would not be against Jon and Dave creating mini series centering around Luke in the interim period between ROTJ and TFA.

If Mark gave his blessing, then I'd like to see Sebastian Stan portray the younger version of Luke.

Agreed.

Honestly, I would not be against Jon and Dave creating mini series centering around Luke in the interim period between ROTJ and TFA.

If Mark gave his blessing, then I'd like to see Sebastian Stan portray the younger version of Luke.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a tweet or something from Mark on that subject in the past.

I wanna bring up something that stood out to me during the TIE chase scene; during the chase the TIEs all keep their distance while trying to shoot down the tank (by the way, what good is a tank that has open Windows?), but when one of them gets shot down, and I presume also losing thrust at that moment and should therefore lose speed, it still manages to catch up and crash into The tank?
Maybe I missed something but The physics doesn't really add up there.

Online it says Biehn is playing "a bounty hunter with a connection to The Mandalorian's past", which doesn't sound like it fits Kyle Katarn.
What about Dash Rendar? Dude looks like he could be modeled after Biehn.
He's not Really a bounty hunter though from what I Know.

I thought that the Emperor we saw in TROS was a clone and not the original version.

...technically, but we truly don’t know because JJ wouldn’t actually disclose (let alone write) how/why Palps was back other than “we need Palps back” lol.

While the movie didn’t state it, I thought it was pretty obvious the Palpatine in TROS was a clone. That’s why he looked like actual Senator Palpatine rather than the deformed Emperor version for most of the movie. It was only when he sucked life/power from Kylo and Rey he started looking more like Emperor Palpatine.

Dash is my dream EU character to get live action treatment, well more than that actor who they then digitally built off of.

Related problem: if Luke utterly failed at everything, from stopping the villain to rebuilding the Jedi Order to helping a new society form, why exactly should we believe Rey would be any more successful? Note that "Because the current creative team says so" is not a valid answer.

Agreed.

I mean, I'd be fine with that, as long as they were given enough creative control that they could retcon the sequel trilogy out of existence. :p

( Which, note, is not the same thing as retconing *every character from said trilogy* out of existence. A lot of the cast were fine, it was the story and plot to which they were used that was the problem. )

I'm pretty sure I've seen a tweet or something from Mark on that subject in the past.

I wanna bring up something that stood out to me during the TIE chase scene; during the chase the TIEs all keep their distance while trying to shoot down the tank (by the way, what good is a tank that has open Windows?), but when one of them gets shot down, and I presume also losing thrust at that moment and should therefore lose speed, it still manages to catch up and crash into The tank?
Maybe I missed something but The physics doesn't really add up there.

Actually, this has three answers:

1. Historically, a lot of armored vehicles didn't cover every access point.

2. The value of a window would be in "Would it actually stop much thrown at this vehicle?" Both in the "How big of gun" sense and the "How close of enemy" sense. If a armored glass window wouldn't stop any gunfire from anything likely to be used against an armored vehicle, its kind of pointless. Sure, at point blank range an enemy could spray small arms fire through it, but at point blank range an enemy soldier could do a lot of bad things to an armored vehicle, irrespective of windows.

3. Its Imperial tech, it almost certainly was designed to Soviet style "lives are cheap" standards even more than the average piece of Star Wars military tech. One half "These cost cutting measures mean we can build more units for the same cost, well worth the losses", one half "Why spend money on armored windows when we can pocket the difference"

I mean, the vehicle is in the same family of the troop transport, where you have 6 guys basically having their upper torso completely revealed and vulnerable...

Related problem: if Luke utterly failed at everything, from stopping the villain to rebuilding the Jedi Order to helping a new society form, why exactly should we believe Rey would be any more successful? Note that "Because the current creative team says so" is not a valid answer.

That’s only an answer future creative team 30 years from now can answer with 60 year old Rey.

The real question, will Superhero Hype forums still be around?

I'm positive that during the planning of these episodes, the first order of business is "how do we make baby got a EVEN CUTER?!?!"

Seriously. I had a bad today, like really bad. But then seeing baby yoda and Mando working with the wires just filled me with happiness. It was quite hilarious.

Manda: But make sure they don't touch

Baby Yoday: :/

Anyway. It was another fun side quest with pieces of the puzzle falling into place. I'm guessing Moff Gideon is making a cloned army of force sensitive soldiers to try and retake the galaxy back? The message the team found had the scientist guy saying they need more blood with a higher m-count? I take it that means midicholrians?

I expect to see Ahsoka and Gideon do a have a little lightsaber duel soon.

My own read, Gideon is almost certainly thinking Dark Troopers, not Clone Palpatine. This is the episode that revealed he was draining blood from Baby Yoda to create artificial beings of some kind, and then when actually showing Gideon in the epilogue, had him against a backdrop of dark trooper-esque cyborg armors. Narratively speaking, if that was a coincidence it was also a bad directing choice. Plus, "force empowered cyborg soldiers" is the kind of thing that can produce a meaningful conflict for the heroes, both something they can fight and something they can stop. If Gideon's end goal was "clone the Emperor", not only is the outcome too esoteric but they also can't actually stop him.

I suppose its possible that Gideon's research could get repurposed into the whole Snoke nonsense, but I can't see it being his actual primary goal. Especially since my read on Gideon is that he is not a selfless believer in the Empire; he wants to rule in his own right.

My own read, Gideon is almost certainly thinking Dark Troopers, not Clone Palpatine. This is the episode that revealed he was draining blood from Baby Yoda to create artificial beings of some kind, and then when actually showing Gideon in the epilogue, had him against a backdrop of dark trooper-esque cyborg armors. Narratively speaking, if that was a coincidence it was also a bad directing choice. Plus, "force empowered cyborg soldiers" is the kind of thing that can produce a meaningful conflict for the heroes, both something they can fight and something they can stop. If Gideon's end goal was "clone the Emperor", not only is the outcome too esoteric but they also can't actually stop him.

I suppose its possible that Gideon's research could get repurposed into the whole Snoke nonsense, but I can't see it being his actual primary goal. Especially since my read on Gideon is that he is not a selfless believer in the Empire; he wants to rule in his own right.

I hope it's something like that and not something related to Snoke or Palpatine. It's bad enough midichlorians had to be mentioned.

On this note, I find the First Order more of an insult to the actions of the original trilogy rather than the remnants in The Mandalorian. Big difference between small groups trying to retake power, and the whole goddamn empire being reborn x100 with the exact same and even better weapons than before. God I hate the sequels....

Anyway.

I really hope those cloned soldiers we saw at the end will be using lightsabers, and not those weird electro-staff things. I always was bothered by the fact those things could parry light sabers. Plus it shouldn't be too hard to mass produce light sabers in Star Wars given the prequels. Moff Gideon has his so he must know how it works.

Last edited:
On this note, I find the First Order more if an insult to the actions of the original trilogy rather than the remnants in The Mandalorian. Big difference between small groups trying to retake power, and the whole goddamn amore being reborn x100 with the exact same and even better weapons than before. God I hate the sequels....

Anyway.

I really hope those cloned soldiers we saw at the end will be using lightsabers, and not those weird electro-staff things. I always was bothered by the fact those things could parry light Sabres. Plus it shouldn't be too hard to mass produce light Sabres in Star Wars given the prequels. Moff Gideon has his so he must know how it works.

Is it your contention that WWII undid the events of WWI?

Top episode for me.
Good looking Imperial base, T.I.E actions, scout trooper & bike.
Genetic experiment...but the Doc said the M word in his holo recording, they could have done without that if it means what I think it means.
Edit : I think it's not related to Snoke/Palpatine's clones but with the Doc/Gideon trying to make augmented troopers with the M thingy from species with high level of it like Yoda's.
Anyways...Uber Storm Trooper :)
I hope it's something like that and not something related to Snoke or Palpatine. It's bad enough midichlorians had to be mentioned.
An alternative comforting head-canon, is that high M-Count really just refers to all the Macarons the Yoby has eaten throughout his life. :cwink:

5fb802c62900005b61c6c565.png

Last edited:
Just realized that we are possibly getting a duel of Ahsoka & Mando going up against Dark Troopers :wow::applaud

It definitely seems like they are going in that direction after that episode 4 stinger. It might be asking for too much, but I also hope we see Bo-Katan with her crew and Boba Fett join the fight at some point as well.

I at least think Bo-Katan will return since she's going directly to Moff Gideon for the Darksaber and with him tracking Mando it only seems inevitable. Damn I cannot wait to see what episode 5 has in store for us :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"