• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a great idea. Already with the lowest approval numbers of all time, Congress should impeach a President the American public votes in. This thread is the funnies.

I wouldn't be concerned about precedent. It would require bipartisan support to convict him. A situation where both parties would be angry enough at a sitting president to even consider agreeing to do that would be extremely rare.

It requires a two thirds majority foe the senate to convict. Right now the GOP controlls 54%. Theyd only need 12 Democrats to vote with them. And I highly doubt the democratic minority would fight the impeachment of donald trump if the GOP wanted to do it. So they would most likely secure the conviction.

It requires a two thirds majority foe the senate to convict. Right now the GOP controlls 54%. Theyd only need 12 Democrats to vote with them. And I highly doubt the democratic minority would fight the impeachment of donald trump if the GOP wanted to do it. So they would most likely secure the conviction.

Yes, but how often is a party going to want to boot out their own party's president because they can't get along with him? The only comparison I can think of is John Tyler and that was 170 years ago (and failed).

Yeah, that's a great idea. Already with the lowest approval numbers of all time, Congress should impeach a President the American public votes in. This thread is the funnies.

No one said it was a great idea.

Well, it is depending on how radically Trump behaves.

And just because the american public elects someone doesnt mean the person is unimpeachable.

I wouldn't be concerned about precedent. It would require bipartisan support to convict him. A situation where both parties would be angry enough at a sitting president to even consider agreeing to do that would be extremely rare.

It still sets precedent no matter how you write it...and not a good one.

I cannot stand the man, I don't even like typing his name, but that would be an extremely stupid thing for them to do.

Yes, but how often is a party going to want to boot out their own party's president because they can't get along with him? The only comparison I can think of is John Tyler and that was 170 years ago.

Like I said in an earlier post...

Lets be honest, Trump isnt a part of the GOP. He is using them as a ride into office and pandering to the far right GOP voters but the only party Trump belongs to is the Trump party so if he turns on the GOP after getting in office I doubt theyd have any qualms about turning on him. They probably see him as a cancer more than anything. And if the VP is more cooperative or more easily manipulated you can bet your ass the GOP would boot Trump if ihey could. They arent going to be unwaveringly loyal to Trump just because he calls himself a Republican. It all comes down to how he behaves, how he treats them, and what they can pull off.

It still sets precedent no matter how you write it...and not a good one.

I cannot stand the man, I don't even like typing his name, but that would be an extremely stupid thing for them to do.

Probably.

And I'm only talking of an extreme scenario where the relationship between Trump and his own party in Congress completely breaks down. Trump has the personality, where I can believe he might possibly try ignoring Congress and do what he wants.

I'm not at all saying it is likely or anything like that.

If Trump is elected then Congress only need to look in the mirror to find fault. It's their inaction and inability to compromise that makes a Trump Presidency even feasible. Congress would be elected out and you'd have a fresh crop of noobs in there for Trump to wheel and deal with. It would be political suicide for them.

The GOP is mad that they aren't getting their way right now. The fact that any of this is shocking to anyone in Washington shows how deep in denial they are. A Trump Presidency may be exactly what Washington needs to get their acts together. The fact that they ALL hate the idea makes it even that much more intriguing, to be honest. Trump's had 8 months to piss you off. Congress and the MSM have been pissing us off for YEARS!

There is nothing being done in DC. If America votes in a deal maker, the last thing the American public would want is those unwilling to make deals to try and kick him out.

People act like Trump is this crazed wild card. He isn't in jail. He's done nothing in his life that would suggest he'd end the world. He clearly has some ability to moderate himself. C'mon guys. He isn't the anti-christ. Or is he??? :funny:

Probably.

And I'm only talking of an extreme scenario where the relationship between Trump and his own party in Congress completely breaks down. Trump has the personality, where I can believe he might possibly try ignoring Congress and do what he wants.

I'm not at all saying it is likely or anything like that.

I think that will happen much earlier, like at the GOP Convention in August....lol

Well, if he does ignore Congress and does what he wants, as in "executive orders" ... well, nothing new then. lol

I have a far different view of what he will be like if he became President. He would turn into the Democrat that he actually is..... and then I will sit back and watch all of the bigots, haters, racist idiots out there that voted for him heads explode. And then I might giggle. ;)

If Trump is elected then Congress only need to look in the mirror to find fault. It's their inaction and inability to compromise that makes a Trump Presidency even feasible. Congress would be elected out and you'd have a fresh crop of noobs in there for Trump to wheel and deal with. It would be political suicide for them.

The GOP is mad that they aren't getting their way right now. The fact that any of this is shocking to anyone in Washington shows how deep in denial they are. A Trump Presidency may be exactly what Washington needs to get their acts together. The fact that they ALL hate the idea makes it even that much more intriguing, to be honest. Trump's had 8 months to piss you off. Congress and the MSM have been pissing us off for YEARS!

There is nothing being done in DC. If America votes in a deal maker, the last thing the American public would want is those unwilling to make deals to try and kick him out.

People act like Trump is this crazed wild card. He isn't in jail. He's done nothing in his life that would suggest he'd end the world. He clearly has some ability to moderate himself. C'mon guys. He isn't the anti-christ. Or is he??? :funny:

Based on his behavior at his rallies, his comments, and his behavior, and the past 30 years of his life he is a crazed wild card. He is a pathological liar. A bafoon.

I dont get the impression at all that he can moderate himself beyond his desire to do whatever gets him support.

Lots of idiotic wild cards arent in jail and are technically illegible to be president. Doesnt mean they are fit to be president.

And his brash, idiotic, abbrassive, macho, racist, bigoted mindset doesnt encourage me to put him in charge of the world's most powerful military and our nuclear bombs. Things that could very literally end the world if put in the hands of a moron or an impetuous idiot.

And people having these serious concerns about Trump isnt remotely similar to the bafoons who believe that Obama is some mythical demonic being.

Last edited:
The thing is, Trump is defying some other expectations here. We knew he would have problems with the establishment elite. But the fact that evangelicals have been flocking to him while Cruz is in the race is just baffling. Pundits are struggling to explain that.

Based on his behavior at his rallies, his comments, and his behavior, and the past 30 years of his life he is a crazed wild card. He is a pathological liar. A bafoon.

I dont get the impression at all that he can moderate himself beyond his desire to do whatever gets him support.

Lots of idiotic wild cards arent in jail and are technically illegible to be president. Doesnt mean they are fit to be president.

And his brash, idiotic, abbrassive, macho, racist, bigoted mindset doesnt encourage me to put him in charge of the world's most powerful military and our nuclear bombs. Things that could very literally end the world if put in the hands of a moron or an impetuous idiot.

And people having these serious concerns about Trump isnt remotely similar to the bafoons who believe that Obama is some mythical demonic being.

Look, I get it. You have real disdain/hate for the guy, but the world isn't going to implode with him as President. Maybe now you understand where most of the GOP was coming from with Obama. It's really the same thing from what I've been seeing from the so called "bleeding heart" liberals. Pure hatred for Trump, very similar to how the GOP acted with Obama.

Look, I get it. You have real disdain/hate for the guy, but the world isn't going to implode with him as President. Maybe now you understand where most of the GOP was coming from with Obama. It's really the same thing from what I've been seeing from the so called "bleeding heart" liberals. Pure hatred for Trump, very similar to how the GOP acted with Obama.

No. It's not. Obama may have not been the most experienced candidate, but he had already served in the Senate, and state government. He wasn't a reality TV star mogul, who says crazy **** about Mexicans and Muslims, and talks about bombing "the ****" out of people, and uses torture to rally his base.

This man could destroy the country and the world.

You'll be very lucky if he all he does is ruin America's standing in the world.

Bush's former director of the CIA and NSA (and a four star general in his own right) has gone on the record saying that military leaders will not take illegal orders from this man.

You should be concerned.

This is not a joke any more.

Its not remotely the same thing. Obama in 2008 was nothing like Trump. Their behavior, experience, and history isnt remotely the same.

Obama was president of the Harvard Law Review. He was a community organizer in Chicago. He worked as a civil rights attorney and taught constitutional law at University of Chicago Law School between 1992 and 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. And was a US Senator from 2005 - 2008. He hd actual law and government experience and qualifications. He didnt pander to the KKK, racists, and bigots. He had no history, that I know of, of discriminating against minorities. He never said anything as bigoted as Trump's immigration comments. Racist hillbillies didnt assault minorities at Obama's rallies. Obama didnt show a long history of being an egotistical, macho, pathological liar. Obama didnt go around calling everyone losers. He didnt make sexist childish comments about Hillary or women interviewing him.

So, no, I dont understand where the GOP were coming from with Obama cause unlike them my reasons for disliking Trump have nothing to do with his skin color, his birth place, or his parent's nationality. It all has to do with his behavior, his history, his complete lack of experience, his attitude, and his childishness.

Bush's former director of the CIA and NSA (and a four star general in his own right) has gone on the record saying that military leaders will not take illegal orders from this man.

You should be concerned.

I read that as well. Here is the article.

Michael Hayden, the former head of the NSA and CIA, thinks some of presidential candidate Donald Trump's campaign promises are so unlawful that the U.S. Armed Forces could not follow them as orders.

These include Trump's claim that people deserve to be waterboarded even if it doesn't work and that he would target the families of terrorists. The internationally recognized Geneva Conventions bars such action.

"If he were to order that once in government, the American armed forces would refuse to act," Hayden said Friday during an appearance on "Real Time with Bill Maher." "You are required not to follow an unlawful order that would be in violation of all the international laws of armed conflict."

Hayden added that he would be "incredibly concerned" if Trump followed through with his campaign promises as president.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/michael-hayden-donald-trump_us_56d1ed18e4b0871f60eba2f3

A Trump presidency would force the leaders of Germany (Angela Merkel), Britain (David Cameron) and France (Francois Hollande) to make nice with Vladimir Putin and I doubt all three of those leaders want that but they may have to after Trump insults all three of them.

I bet all three of those leaders are rooting for Clinton.

You should be concerned.

The way I see it, even if he's "just" pandering, he's not fit to be president. If he's sincere, he's not fit to be president. Nothing about this man says that he's any good at working WITH people, which is what he's going to have to do.

If he's elected, I will stay in the US and thumb my nose at him, cause I'm a stubborn little sh**. Me, a female child of immigrants, with a stutter, which some consider to be a disability and which I'm sure he'd mock in a heartbeat. (I haven't been mocked for my stutter since middle school. Trump is no better than a high school bully if he continues in his trajectory.)

I work in local government right now, and I will make this country better in spite of him, not because of him. :cs:

Nothing about this man says that he's any good at working WITH people, which is what he's going to have to do.

I've seen alot of people who dislike Trump the candidate, say one on one he is a nice guy to deal with

So Carson is giving up the ghost, and will not participate in the next debate. Most likely announcing the suspension of his campaign.

Rubio is either delusional or has an ace up his sleeve because despite being presented that it is mathematically impossible for him to procure the nomination, he is still confident that the "GOP" will rally behind him.

If the GOP establishment doesn't want Trump to be their party candidate... they could stop him.

I get the feeling Romney is going to endorse Rubio during his speech.

If the GOP establishment doesn't want Trump to be their party candidate... they could stop him.

Which is why voters are so apathetic. At the end of the day, it's the NC that can put the kibosh on the people's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"