Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milo and Tomi spout the venom they do for attention. They're not pushing a genuine agenda. They want a spotlight and they don't care how they get it. I guarantee Tomi Lahren saw how much attention blonde ultra right wing women get on Fox and decided she'd make that her identity. Milo is just a irl troll.

Eh... This has been the trend in GOP/Conservative and even Libertarian influenced sphere for awhile now though. Rush Limbaugh, Beck and the rest didn't make their money off of being deep thinkers espousing measured and rational thoughts about policy and culture. A lot of their fans have little or no exposure to the likes of Buckley or Will. That a Trump could be so uncritically embraced by so many shows where those voices have lead the conservatives in this country. For too many it stopped about being about coherent policy a long time ago.

Another reason not to like Paul Ryan. I know the guys disingenuous, but this is more proof. The republicans partially got this week off in part to get in touch with their constituents, which is why so much town hall news is coming up.

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/24/town-hall-meeting/

So Paul Ryan was asked to hold a town hall meeting, and he basically beat around the bush. Turns out instead of holding a town hall meeting, he held a wealthy fund raiser. Good to see where his priorities lie. So the fun raiser was a $10,000 minimum, and up to $244,000 per attendee.

Marco Rubio avoided his town hall, saying he was out of the country. Until someone recognized him in a mall, and started recording him while asking why he was dodging his constituents.

Sen. John Boozeman said he'll hold a town halll, but only over the phone..., and you can only attend if you pre registered for the event at $500 a pop.

Another had a phone call town hall, saying violent leftists would shoot him like Giffords if he showed in person.

Cory Gardner is charging $1000 a pop.

Sen. John Barrasso skipped his town hall, like Ryan, to attend a ski resort fund raiser for $1,500-5,000 per.

The list goes on, and on. It's frustrating that these republicans refuse to meet with their constituents unless by phone, or admittance fee. While others skip it altogether to see wealthy donors instead. Shows both their priorities, and how out of touch they've become with those they represent.

Ya know, I know and like many conservative people IRL, there's a few family members with whom I genuinely enjoy debating
and I've often been commended for being reasonable and easy to agree with in said debates
I also don't believe in good vs evil, or a purely black and white world, seems far too simplistic and lacks understanding of people's real motivations

that all said

The US Republican Party is- if not the, it is amongst the- most 'evil' and insidious groups of human beings in this country today.

All they do nowadays, on a daily friggin' basis, is try to take things away from the American people... rights, money, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, all of it. They don't care about us, want nothing to do with us, want nothing FOR us. Their sole interest in governing is enriching those whom they count among their own friends. Sometimes this inadvertently creates a few [usually temporary] jobs for the working class, but in the long run they create greater and greater inequality among the classes. Their ideal world is one where Republicans control all three branches of the federal government, all state houses, all governorships, and where the top 1% of the 1% control every dollar.

I don't know, it just baffles me.

If you believe in conservative principles?? Good for you!... I may disagree, but really, it's fantastic, you do you, everybody has differing opinions on how things should be run.

But voting for a Republican??? That I just, for the life of me, cannot comprehend

They HATE you, so why would you give them your vote?

Last edited:
Yeah I guess
Seems awfully simplistic, but then again "Thinking" isn't among the Trump/republican voter's skill set

Ya know, I know and like many conservative people IRL, there's a few family members with whom I genuinely enjoy debating
and I've often been commended for being reasonable and easy to agree with in said debates
I also don't believe in good vs evil, or a purely black and white world, seems far too simplistic and lacks understanding of people's real motivations

that all said

The US Republican Party is- if not the, it is amongst the- most 'evil' and insidious groups of human beings in this country today.

All they do nowadays, on a daily friggin' basis, is try to take things away from the American people... rights, money, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, all of it. They don't care about us, want nothing to do with us, want nothing FOR us. Their sole interest in governing is enriching those whom they count among their own friends. Sometimes this inadvertently creates a few [usually temporary] jobs for the working class, but in the long run they create greater and greater inequality among the classes. Their ideal world is one where Republicans control all three branches of the federal government, all state houses, all governorships, and where the top 1% of the 1% control every dollar.

If you believe in conservative principles?? Good for you!... I may disagree, but really, it's fantastic, you do you, everybody has differing opinions on how things should be run.

But voting for a Republican??? That I just, for the life of me, cannot comprehend

QFT.

They seem worse than indifferent, downright vindictive toward working class people. They try to take health care away from children, people with huge medical conditions, remove protection from minority schoolchildren.

And they somehow present themselves as the Christian party while they're doing it. You don't get to call yourself something while being 110% against every single thing it's supposed to be about.

[lives in state where GOP poisoned a city]

I also know the fallacy of how good "running a state like a business" is.

Big Weed (which doesn't exist yet) isn't paying anyone to shill so it's in nobody's interest to do so. Also, weed should be sold without restriction about as much as alcohol or tobacco should.

Who has ever seriously suggested weed be sold without restrictions or regulation though? I'm for legalized and decriminalized policy but I don't think it should have zero regs.

that all said

What I don't get is somehow the GOP has convinced a bunch of working class and poor people they are a working class party, when all they do is represent upper class interests.

No one likes to think of themselves as poor of course. Remember those Tea Party signs? "Get your Government out of my Medicare!" or the beauty..."why should they get anything. I was poor, and I didn't get anything. I was on food stamps and the government wasn't giving me any hand outs."
Truly, the cognitive dissonance is scary to behold.

What I don't get is somehow the GOP has convinced a bunch of working class and poor people they are a working class party, when all they do is represent upper class interests.

It's not that hard in some cases(ie middle class). If somebody saves say 500 bucks on taxes they ignore the big picture how that will hurt in the big pictures. It's a basic case I am 500 bucks richer.

Now the poorer republican electorate who can be easily swayed by social issues or nativism are truly screwing themselves over

What would happen if you had someone who was socially conservative but in favor of the welfare state like say Hitler?

Okay maybe that's a bad example. But how would that be received?

What would happen if you had someone who was socially conservative but in favor of the welfare state like say Hitler?

Okay maybe that's a bad example. But how would that be received?

If that's the case in America you pick your poison which is more important to you and in many cases it's other factors that effect your choice. I think it's understated how many poorer Democrats for instance are socially conservative if you pushed them hard enough on the issues

So, the replacement is super duper secret. I am wondering just which branch of the GOP it is going to piss off if they are playing these games.

Still, I am tempted to watch videos of Rand Paul search the Capital Building.

So, the replacement is super duper secret. I am wondering just which branch of the GOP it is going to piss off if they are playing these games.

Still, I am tempted to watch videos of Rand Paul search the Capital Building.

I wish we could get more coverage of how completely incompetent for a party who basically has been pushing loudly repeal and replace for the past 4 years(and even beyond that) doesn't have any replacement. Given how much rhetoric they have given they should have campaigned on it in 2014 and 2016 but here we are 4 months after the election and still no solid plan

The GOP just revealed their ACA replacement bill.

Dollars to donuts it'll end up likely being almost a carbon copy of Obamacare.

Dollars to donuts it'll end up likely being almost a carbon copy of Obamacare.

Dollars to donuts the main difference will be reducing the help the poor and sick receive and giving more help to the rich. And it will be wrapped up in enough halfspeak and BS to make the GOP base and uninformed eat it up and ask for seconds.

What's hard to wrap my brain around is the GOP platform is openly antagonistic towards 99% of Americans. Everything they do is a huge "**** you" yet people still vote for them. The Republican Party is one of the most vile forces in history. Why don't people see?

What's hard to wrap my brain around is the GOP platform is openly antagonistic towards 99% of Americans. Everything they do is a huge "**** you" yet people still vote for them. The Republican Party is one of the most vile forces in history. Why don't people see?

It's all about tricking uneducated poor/middle-class people into thinking the other poor/middle-class people are the real problems instead of the rich people playing them like fiddles.

The more some try to discredit "What's The Matter With Kansas?" the more history seems to be proving it's main thesis true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"