• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. :p

So, I received my first monthly paycheck since they updated the new tax code and my take home pay increased $200.00.

I would keep track of it till next year. I keep hearing talk about how the withholding tables are a bit wonky.

I hadn't even thought about looking. Just did and getting about 140 more a month.

Mine is about 150.00/month

Which is why I increased my withholdings. I am not going to get stuck with a "taxes owed" notice in 2019.

Umm, shouldn't it be the other way around...

Which is why I increased my withholdings. I am not going to get stuck with a "taxes owed" notice in 2019.

Why would you get stuck with taxes owed? The rates decreased so that's why less is getting taken out. Unless you were itemizing your deductions before and those itemizations were greater than the new standard deduction which is 12,000 for individual and 24,000 for those filing jointly.

And now Sen. Cochran, from Mississippi, is retiring, due to health problems. This I actually believe, because his health issues have been mentioned before, if not headlined like McCains.

Still, that means two seats are open for Mississippi this year. Which will be interesting to see play out.

May they turn blue forever. :)

Thank God, I'm a Liberal Woman....

CNN really wanted O'rourke to make a punk rock reply.

And now the GOP's attempt to keep PA gerrymandered has failed in the federal courts.

Some panic from PA GOPers is sure to happen now.

I almost feel sorry for The Republican Party.

In the past, there have been some truly great Republican leaders.
There have been Republican politicians who genuinely had the best interest of the nation at heart.

Both sides, Republican and Democrat, have fought this back-n-forth perpetual play-off game with the goal of attaining POWER in our government.

Here the Republicans finally have it all....
And are LOSING IT.

Losing it because of the antics of the one person who SHOULD BE their Standard Bearer, their Point Man...The Republican President.

It just never occurred to The Republican Party that Donald Trump is, ultimately; HIS OWN PARTY...not really a member of theirs.

Trump really belongs to the 'IT`S ALL ABOUT ME, DONALD J. TRUMP' Party...

And that is what is --by association--going to kill the Republican Party as election cycles roll onward.

Personally, I believe that Trump`s long-game plan is to keep holding rally fund-raisers for his re-election campaign...
Soliciting Non-Refundable Contributions from his rabid and readily-gulled faithful....
Then blow-off re-election and skate with the $$$$$$.

In his own words, such a ploy 'would make him smart'.

Yepper... I almost feel sorry for The Republican Party...
Almost.

For a long time, I thought that the problem was our Republican representatives... but I begrudgingly had to change my mind. The actual problem is stupid Republican voters... uninformed racists, brainwashed by Fox News.

It's a sad thing to admit, but after Trump, I just don't know what else to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"