Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the RNC is going all in on attacking Comey. I am wondering just what they are worried about.

Lawrence O’Donnell is ripping Ryan a new one.

And Ryan deserves it. I will give Ryan a pass for not calling out Trump and trying to be a peace keeper in a huge mess but Ryan for years ran on how the budget is the most important thing, then first chance he gets he reduces taxes making our national Debt even worse

Any Republican who cries but the national debt and voted for those tax cuts exposed themselves for the hypocrites they are

They won't care. By the time these tax cuts hit home and hurt they will either be out of office or somewhere else and let the existing politicians take the blame.

It'll go the same way that it always does. Republicans will deficit spend on stupid things, and crash our economy by eliminating regulations, and then Democrats will come in and fix everything by raising taxes and paying for good things (sorta).

And then, when the economy starts to rebound, Republicans will say, "see! Typical tax and spend liberals, presiding over a giant deficit and now they want to raise your taxes!"

It's predictable at this point. How many times will Dems have to clean up the GOP's mess before the American public catches on?

First casualty of the Cohen raid.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/13/rnc-deputy-finance-chair-broidy-resigns-522867

Apparently Cohen had negotiated a 1.6 million dollar payout for the deputy finance chair of the RNC, Elliot Brody, who apparently had gotten a Playboy playmate pregnant. Cohen may or not still be on the RNC's finance committee, as he is no longer listed on the site.

Yeah, I imagine the RNC is going to have some money issues.

First casualty of the Cohen raid.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/13/rnc-deputy-finance-chair-broidy-resigns-522867

Apparently Cohen had negotiated a 1.6 million dollar payout for the deputy finance chair of the RNC, Elliot Brody, who apparently had gotten a Playboy playmate pregnant. Cohen may or not still be on the RNC's finance committee, as he is no longer listed on the site.

Yeah, I imagine the RNC is going to have some money issues.

Wynn, Cohen and now Brody, some really high class people, the RNC's Finance Committee is doing well. :o

I still think it's interesting to note that Ryan didn't step down from the Speakership. Why not just hand it over to McCarthy or whomever now?

I guess he wants to finish out his term, wreck some more stuff on the way out. :(

There's still some sick children with healthcare, his job's not done.

They won't care. By the time these tax cuts hit home and hurt they will either be out of office or somewhere else and let the existing politicians take the blame.

That tax bill is a goddamn time bomb and its maddening. The GOP will be running hard on "you got an extra $1000 dolllars, that's Christmas!" line all through the summer for the mid-terms but when the real effects of that bill kicks in it will be restructuring our economy for decades and not for the better. I hate the degree to which it will probably work.

It's why I hate the focus on short term goals. The quarterly results, what is profitable now, not 10 years from now. What is this going to do to the environment in 50 or 100 years? Is this going to cause cancer? How are we going to afford this lifestyle for the rest of our lives?

I'm guilty of it to a degree but at least in my case it's eating junk food, not tanking the national economy.

So, bringing this back up, because this is getting really weird. Getting into a GOP Civil War.

Apparently donors are threatening the state legislatures into backing Greitens, or they will cut off their donations. Because, yeah, Greitens is the real stand up guy you want to support. :whatever:

https://thinkprogress.org/missouri-...rs-unless-they-support-governor-01eb651286ba/

And Gov. Greitens filed for a restraining order against the Missouri Attorney General. A Republican. To keep him from investigating him.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...nor-files-restraining-order-against-state-ags

I get a feeling this is almost a preview of what will happen on the national scale.

It's why I hate the focus on short term goals. The quarterly results, what is profitable now, not 10 years from now. What is this going to do to the environment in 50 or 100 years? Is this going to cause cancer? How are we going to afford this lifestyle for the rest of our lives?

I'm guilty of it to a degree but at least in my case it's eating junk food, not tanking the national economy.

It makes sense for the president to focus on the short term. Long term problems will be pinned on future presidents. That’s why Martin van Buren gets blame for the Panic of 1837 even though it was caused by policies enacted by Andrew Jackson.

Exception is JFK who gets credit for the civil rights act of 1964 & the moon landing, but that’s because he was assassinated & we tend to romanticize the Kennedy administration.

So, bringing this back up, because this is getting really weird. Getting into a GOP Civil War.

Apparently donors are threatening the state legislatures into backing Greitens, or they will cut off their donations. Because, yeah, Greitens is the real stand up guy you want to support. :whatever:

https://thinkprogress.org/missouri-...rs-unless-they-support-governor-01eb651286ba/

And Gov. Greitens filed for a restraining order against the Missouri Attorney General. A Republican. To keep him from investigating him.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...nor-files-restraining-order-against-state-ags

I get a feeling this is almost a preview of what will happen on the national scale.
Look at it like this: Greitens is acting almost exactly like the President of the United States does. It is no wonder they want to back his ethically challenged ass.

:funny: That certainly throws a wrench in the donors' scheme.

Man, for a legacy Republican with decent credentials and accomplishments, Romney just can't get a break.

Even being a Morman, there has to be a slight feeling of carpet bagging going on within the Utah citizens.

yeah, I'm sure that's it. He faced a similar problem when he ran for president. Romney wants political power bad... it's obvious... and that makes voters a little apprehensive about him. He comes across as someone who is doing this for the prestige, not for the country or state... at least to me.

I hope to god his opponents hit him hard for killing Toys R Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"