Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

I didn't hate it, it's just one of those movies that immediately evaporated from my memory the moment it was over
Drag Me To Hell, otoh, I thought was great, can't believe that movie's 11 years old now

I thought oz was cute but it’s a shame they changed the wicked witch of the west, one of the coolest women supervillains in fiction, into “why won’t he notice me sempai” sort of a character.

I mean, the ending is cool.

but anyway Sam is great with horror. Hope he goes full lovecraftian

Not surprising but it's still a solid release date.

I wanted this film to open the summer movie season but even without the pandemic. This film and Shang Chi were already behind schedule. They didn't get an early start unlike Black Widow/Eternals. So this was very eXpected.

This is one delay that I'm happy about. This is probably the Phase 4 film I'm most excited about and Raimi being brought in so late in development was concern. Now at least this should give them more breathing room and hopefully the finished film won't feel rushed.

Sam Raimi has replaced Scott Derrickson as the director of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, but the original filmmaker has now hinted that he met with actress Natasha Lyonne about a role! T think that was the role of Clea. So who do you think Sam Raimi is going to cast as Clea? I think Rosamund Pike would be great.

Anyone seen the trailer for Sam Raimi‘s Quibi series 50 states of fright?
Its so awesome, that they might got Raimi for DS2 - even if they could choose any director for that movie, Raimi would be the perfect choice, because he offers the best of the two worlds (Comicbook-stories and horror)
And now they also have enough time to reimagine the whole script.
Hope we‘ll get some cast-news on SDCC20 or the virtual replacement

tumblr_oorrakZ7qh1w4o831o1_540.gif

Strange that it wasn't confirmed already and this is how it was made official. So I guess it's fitting.

I'm so happy that Sam Raimi is directing another comic book adaptation. He has what it takes to make this special. Just please leave the man ****ing alone and don't interfere with his work. He's earned his stripes.

I don’t necessarily consider it bad, it was just almost entirely forgettable.

I agree, but Raimi has expressed his frustration with the movie and its production during a podcast. It seems like the producers heavily interfered, down to what the movie should look like and what the movie should look like and what kind of effects to use and when and how.

Sounds like a David Ayer situation Though I doubt Sam was as screwed

Not really, as I don't think they took the movie away from him and let a trailer company cut it to studio notes.

Ayer was beaten down by studio politics. He just wants to make cool art again. Sounds like Harley had a cool arc. It was great to see many on twitter and elsewhere come to his defense. Anyway wrong forum.

I see Sam confirmed that Strange is one of his favorites, can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"