Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Marvel should have gone after Raimi way before the first film released. That would have eliminated this current messy situation.

My fear is that this one is going to disappoint because of the messy/rushed situation and Raimi/Marvel will part ways because of it. Then Dr Strange will be forever ruined and we will never have the chance again to see Raimi make a Strange film from day 1.

I'm pissed and disappointed with Feige for this mess. I mean why not part ways with Derrickson after DS1 ? Why not go after Raimi then ? Everything would have been on schedule. Hell, why not go with a proven director a la Raimi day 1 instead of Derrickson who is a mediocre director at best.

I'm cautiously excited, because of Raimi, but I expect this one to be a mess. Which is disappointing because Strange is one of my fav characters. That character deserves much better.

I mean, we don't know the behind-the-scenes of what happened after Doctor Strange 1. Derrickson was talking up Multiverse of Madness at last year's Comic Con, so for all we know, maybe all parties were on one accord at that point, so there'd be no point in parting ways with Derrickson right after the first Doctor Strange film.

Though this revisionist history of 'Oh, Derrickson was never that good of a director' is quite amusing.

Ok now I believe it to. This movie will be delayed.
Disney will loose the No.1 slot for a blockbuster movie in 2021
I don‘t believe that Shang Chi could replace it - probably be very successful in the asian market but not in the rest of the markets.
So probably Multiverse in February 2022.
The rumored introduction of the Fantastic 4 could now be affected.
Not talking about the events of WandaVision, wich will then be more than a year finished after Multiverse.

I just don‘t understand, that if you plan a movi-tv-universe with so many connections, you act so unprofessional. They must‘ve known, that a delay will affect the whole universe

Last edited:
Thor L&T starts filming in August maybe that start date can be moved to DS2 start date

I want Taika have all the time in the world to get the best out of Love & Thunder.
Ragnarok is my favourite MCU-movie so far

Maybe Disney has another movie they can release there non MCU related. Maybe that Obi Wan movie if it's true they are retooling the series into a film.

Maybe Disney has another movie they can release there non MCU related. Maybe that Obi Wan movie if it's true they are retooling the series into a film.
Shang-Chi is obviously moving to May as it hasn't started filming yet.

Maybe Doctor Strange will now get the early 2022 date?

Who knows but I was never convinced Marvel Studios (as much I like them) that they could release 4 movies in 1 year. Like I'll believe it when I see it but that's just too many movies for a production company to release and things like directors dropping out / scheduling conflicts can't be avoided ahead of time.

Shang-Chi is obviously moving to May as it hasn't started filming yet.

Maybe Doctor Strange will now get the early 2022 date?

Who knows but I was never convinced Marvel Studios (as much I like them) that they could release 4 movies in 1 year. Like I'll believe it when I see it but that's just too many movies for a production company to release and things like directors dropping out / scheduling conflicts can't be avoided ahead of time.

Other production companies do release more movies in a year. It's because Marvel need everything to be connected that they're spinning so many plates at once, so if you move one thing it affects everything else.

Other production companies do release more movies in a year. It's because Marvel need everything to be connected that they're spinning so many plates at once, so if you move one thing it affects everything else.
Which production companies are those? If there, like Legendary Pictures, the films they released are a either co-production with another company or the critical reception/box office performance are inconsistent as a whole.

I wonder if Giacchino will remain on board I'm really not a fan of current day Danny Elfman though I think they had a falling out during Spidey 3

They had a falling out during Spider-Man 2. He was replaced on 3 with Christopher Young. They've made up since though as Elfman scored Sam's last film Oz.

I agree about Elfman's latest stuff not being too great. I haven't heard much of Giacchino's music, though.

I think elfman would be fun. Remember Edward scissorhands? That was fun and perfect for the good doctor

They had a falling out during Spider-Man 2. He was replaced on 3 with Christopher Young. They've made up since though as Elfman scored Sam's last film Oz.

I agree about Elfman's latest stuff not being too great. I haven't heard much of Giacchino's music, though.

Giachinno did the MCU spidey films & Doctor Strange scores.

I think he gets a little overrated but he's serviceable.

Danny Elfman came in to finish the Age of Ultron score after Bryan Tyler was given the boot no?

The score is still the weakest part of that movie for me despite all the issues others have with it.

Watch the entire series of Lost. I believe that show really gave Giacchinno a push in terms of getting high profiled movies.

Watch the entire series of Lost. I believe that show really gave Giacchinno a push in terms of getting high profiled movies.

Who is going to want to do that? Especially since it's meant to have a poor ending. Just listen to the Lost soundtrack instead.

It went on too long though, should have quit sooner rather than later

Damn now that would be a great choice. I can only imagine what a skilled horror director like Raimi can do with a Doctor Strange film. Hopefully, this also means that Marvel/Disney aren't afraid to let this one be more horror oriented after all, because why else would they get a director like Raimi?

I am with everybody's hopes... But I thought the same in terms of Scott at the helm. "Horror director for Strange? Yes! That is the way to go!"

I came away feeling DS1 was 1/3rd a solid origin and 2/3rds mediocre been there done that.

I definitely prefer Raimi’s filmography to Derrickson’s.

Yeah I would also think they would give Raimi more control over DS2 than Derrickson given the fact that he is Sam ****ing Raimi, but you never know. I'm still very optimistic about it though.

He will get as much control as he agrees to if he signs the dotted line and everything is spelled out for him, it is on him.

He's a professional he knows whats up.

I definitely prefer Raimi’s filmography to Derrickson’s.
Same. I like Derrickson just fine and Doctor Strange was good, it was perfectly enjoyable, but it's not one of my top tier MCU films, and I prefer Raimi. As a result I don't really care that Derrickson is gone.

Yeah I would also think they would give Raimi more control over DS2 than Derrickson given the fact that he is Sam ****ing Raimi, but you never know. I'm still very optimistic about it though.
Sam Raimi let loose on this is like a dream man. I never knew how much I wanted it till now. :D:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"