Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

Temple of Doom? Bleh. Not sure why they would use a bad movie as their example.

Mola Ram scared the hell out of me as a kid.
They probably referring on the scenes during the ritual (the heart-scene is cut from the PG13 version) or something when Indy fell into the black sleep of Kalima...Kalimaaah
Still makes me uncomfortable though

Temple of Doom was always controversial and hasn’t aged well from how it depicts the Indian culture—specifically Hinduism. But I can see why the comparison was possibly made. It’s not like she could mention Evil Dead since that was a legitimate horror movie, so Temple of Doom is the next thing since it was family friendly and happened to have horrific/scary moments.

bah that chalice is so creepy

145FFB5E-5D3C-4AEC-ACDD-F6B886533C50.jpeg

Bruce Campbell announces return of 'Evil Dead' to cinemas, talks 'Doctor Strange 2' rumors

The rumor is that you are in Doctor Strange 2. (Note: The rumor that Campbell will be appearing in Raimi's UK-shot superhero sequel has mostly been promulgated by Campbell himself. On Feb. 27, the actor tweeted a photo of the London skyline with the message, "Boy, it was a blast, working in a certain city, with a certain director on a certain movie with a certain actor - it sure was!" Campbell also made cameo appearances in all three of Raimi's Spider-Man films) Can you say anything about that?

I would say that's a pretty good rumor. I think that won't get me sued. That's a pretty good rumor, yeah.

I keep thinking what if Sam Raimi was crazy enough to give us some form of Ash cameo. Unlikely, but fun to think about.

Again Temple of Doom is not a scary movie at all. I guess I am also a little biased in that the late great Amrish Puri who played Mola Ram was frequently a villain or senior father figure in Bollywood movies so I didn’t find him really all that scary. Plus ToD’s portrayal of much of Indian culture and Hinduism is to the say the least…. **** and again not scary.

Again Temple of Doom is not a scary movie at all. I guess I am also a little biased in that the late great Amrish Puri who played Mola Ram was frequently a villain or senior father figure in Bollywood movies so I didn’t find him really all that scary. Plus ToD’s portrayal of much of Indian culture and Hinduism is to the say the least…. **** and again not scary.

I suppose anything goes these days.... as long as it's Lizzie Olsen singing Anything Goes. ;)

Is it as scary as the Incredible Hulk pilot which was pretty much a horror movie?

Yeah, after the Loki season finale, there are definitely going to be some crazy moments in MoM.

I'm partially relieved to hear this but also not really surprised at all. Raimi knows scary, even in his Spider-Man movies.

This made me jump out of my seat the first time I watched it:

And who can forget this lovely scene from Spider-Man 2?

078innvwqqt01.jpg

I suppose anything goes these days.... as long as it's Lizzie Olsen singing Anything Goes. ;)

Haha! You know ever since you suggested that idea I have been having wonderful dreams about that LMAO! So thank you for that! As long as its not Dr Strange singing it, cuz well then it would be a truly scary movie!

'Shang-Chi' Star Benedict Wong Says "Asians Assemble" in Marvel Movie; Also Teases 'Doctor Strange 2'

Wong was a bit more forthcoming with regards to Sam Raimi's terrifying sequel Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which pairs Benedict Cumberbatch's Sorceror Supreme with Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch. Though plot details remain under wraps, Wong wants readers to know they should be getting excited.

"It's a cracking script. And now, having Sam Raimi involved has been a really wonderful experience. He's such a fantastic director and [a] lovely, lovely man. He's just such fun to work with," said Wong, who appreciated the chance to improvise on set -- something that Raimi encouraged.

"I like throwing alts, and he likes them, so we just have a bit of a laugh. I just throw anything at the wall, and sometimes it will fall down and sometimes it'll stick. It's amazing, the creative process. As long as you're not afraid to throw something at the wall, it might be right or it might be wrong, but we're all just trying to make something here. We're having a lot of fun. We're finishing that off in September, so we're nearly there."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"