Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness general news and discussion thread

E9vPhtfUYAIQVGD

Spoilers for Multiverse Of Madness:

E9vW_cZVkAQlZl1

Last edited:
I disagree. I think they've built her up to the point it was inevitable. Plus I imagine there may be another villain influencing her.

I hope these movies moving forward don't become "Hey! I recognize that thing from that other thing that hinted to this thing!".

I'll be honest... Wanda's pain regardless of it's weight on her in no way justified her actions in Wanda vision. She crossed a bunch of gigantic lines. And they honestly didn't write some out where I could go, "There is an understandable element/she isn't totally in control of herself".

Nope.

Kidnapping.

Forced imprisonment.

Violation of people's minds and bodies.

Wanda being depressed ain't no excuse and the end of WandaVision did not absolve her.

And... I am cool beans with all of that.

I think a heel turn by a character so many like and who was a heroic presence previously going bat**** and given an arc like this might make up for how underwhelmed I've found most of Wanda to be especially the WandaVision show, whose charms I was very immune to despite everyone else losing their minds over it.

For me the villains are the most interesting part of every CBM - DS has a great rogue gallery…why using an
already established character

Could’ve been Nightmare, Chton, Mephisto…
…if those rumors are true

Yeah well. I definitely didn't want Wanda as a DS villain. Especially there are plenty of Dr. Strange villains they could use from the comiXs for this sequel. But then again this is the Mcu.

And Carter again... I am seriously amazed how this character keeps come back. Iron Man/Black Widow/Steve are all done and somehow Hayley Atwell gets another mcu gig. Enough already. This will be like her 8th mcu project (CA1, Avengers 2, Abc show, CA3, Ant-Man, Endgame, What If and now Dr. Strange 2). Good Lord.

Last edited:
According to a Reddit plot leak from a few weeks ago that is lining up with what’s being reported so far(like Xavier leading a multiverse Illumanti team with a roster consisting of Captain Carter, and Monica Rambeau) apparently Wanda ends up killing Fox-Verse Xavier.
If this is true, then Fox-verse Xavier is only being brought in for this specific story & his inclusion in this story shouldn’t be seen as a guarantee of the MCU incorporating the Fox-versions of the X-Men. The only Fox Marvel characters that will essentially remain untouched will be Deadpool. The rest of the characters will get a MCU makeover and get fresh faces to play the parts.

Last edited:
Mess. FoXverse was already a mess continuity wise. And Xavier is going to get killed again in a movie. This time in his first mcu movie. Lol.

NGL, if the majority or a good portion of this film turned out to be a fully-powered Wanda in a Taken/Man on Fire-esque premise of her traveling throughout the multiverse just tearing through fools just to get her “kids” back, I wouldn’t be mad. :oldrazz:

Yeah well. I definitely didn't want Wanda as a DS villain. Especially there are plenty of Dr. Strange villains they could use from the comiXs for this sequel. But then again this is the Mcu.

And Carter again... I am seriously amazed how this character keeps come back. Iron Man/Black Widow/Steve are all done and somehow Hayley Atwell gets another mcu gig. Enough already. This will be like her 8th mcu project (CA1, Avengers 2, Abc show, CA3, Ant-Man, Endgame, What If and now Dr. Strange 2). Good Lord.

Half of those were cameos though. And she keeps coming back, because she's popular. She went from being a footnote in Cap's history to a fully realized character in her own right. I don't really see the issue with this.

According to a Reddit plot leak from a few weeks ago that is lining up with what’s being reported so far(like Xavier leading a multiverse Illumanti team with a roster consisting of Captain Carter, and Monica Rambeau) apparently Wanda ends up killing Fox-Verse Xavier.
If this is true, then Fox-verse Xavier is only being brought in for this specific story & his inclusion in this story shouldn’t be seen as a guarantee of the MCU incorporating the Fox-versions of the X-Men. The only Fox Marvel characters that will essentially remain untouched will be Deadpool. The rest of the characters will get a MCU makeover and get fresh faces to play the parts.
Yeah.

Why would anyone assume this not going to be l like Raimi's J.J. performer returning in a background capacity or the previous Spider-Men or villains being used in NWH?

They may use Xavier from Fox as cool nod to the expanding MCU Multiverse arc we seem to be in the start of with WandaVision and LOKI getting the ball rolling, but they aren't casting octogenarian Sir Patrick as the MCU'S Xavier so... Yeah.

Any chance you could go into more detail regarding the plot leak?

Spoilers for recent What If...?

For anyone that saw it, what are the chances that we might get to see Armani Strange in this?

Thinking on it, is it possible that version of Strange becomes part of or founds the Multiversal Illuminati? Would track given his back story, no?

Also makes sense in light of the rumor/leak of Wanda going through realities to find a version of her children from her WandaVision fantasia. Armani Strange already lived through what she is, on ;the exact same path. As ally or foe to Wanda including Armani in some capacity lines up with so much at this point, if said rumors are true, of course.

Besides hoping that DS2 stays a Doctor Strange movie first and foremost focusing on just Doctor Strange, I hope the magical scenes resemble NOTHING of the 1st one. That was so basic, so unimaginative. I want more of the stuff Strange did vs Thanos, go even beyond that. Plus the What If fight scene showed how amazing magical fight scenes can be if you're creative with it.

Turning a black hole into butterflies ? Epic, poetic, beautiful, creative. You never see those type of magic scenes in any movie ever. So I hope with DS already being Sorcerer Supreme we can go even beyond that and show him perform creative, gorgeous magic. It's crucial for DS of all characters, to use his battles as an intellectual pillar first and foremost. Him defeating Dormammu with his intellect is the best 3rd act of any CBM ever in terms of creativity. I want to see a lot more of those moments where you can see his intellect shine as a sorcerer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"