Dune

So how do you do over Dune? And would people really like the sequels of the novels as films?

I just hope we get more than one movie this time. I'd like to see more than just Dune done on the big screen. Let's see some of the other Dune books get adapted.

So how do you do over Dune? And would people really like the sequels of the novels as films?

The sequels are what Im hoping to get the most.
The second and third books, Messiah and Children arent the most action filled exciting books, you could easily adapt them together, the miniseries for Children did. By the fourth book your jumping forward thousands of years yet keeping two main characters who are still around...one being Pauls son. What happens to him should definately have people interested in how they are gonna do it and in this day and age of motion capture could be fantastic. By the last book you have crazy yellowed eyed almost amazonian women returning and slaughtering all. There is definately plenty to keep the masses intrigued.
It aint gonna be easy for a screenwriter to incorporate it all and lots of stuff is gonna be left untouched, much to the disappoint of Herberts fans but I dont think you could ever fully adapt the books.

...Its not a remake its another adaption of the same material :cmad:
and yes, it is.

The first book of Dune is so large and full of information, that I feel it can only be watered down for a theatrical version (as with Lynch's film)....I think it is best suited as a miniseries....and the Sci Fi channel did a good job with that already.

C. Lee your more of a nerd than I am :csad:

Quite possibly....I've had longer to work at it.

I watched Star Trek, Twilight Zone, and Outer Limits on their first run. I bought comics when they still cost a dime. I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show before it became a midnight movie mainstay. I have seen every Star Wars film on their first day out at the theaters.

I am old as dirt.

You look like this guy named Skip who lives down the street from me.

Gus Lewis for Paul:

gus_lewis21.jpg

Paulatreidesstribling.jpg

A young up and coming actor like.... SHIA LE BEOUF!

I hardly knw what Dune is, maybe i should catch up

I hope this Berg guy does the movie without those "shaky cameras". I hope he can do a movie without them.

But Dune is really not easy to adapt. The Lynch version was so wrong. The mini-series, well, I appreciate their dedication but it was just boring. The book isn't the most exciting out there, it's a bit dry but the philosophical things are what makes the book great. But this cannot be adapted into a movie, I guess.

I think they should leave it. Or make a movie in the Dune universe in a different time. Same setting, but different story. That could work.

you do know that in the book Paul's like 15..

That can easily be changed for the movie & hey if Disney can get away with casting 30 year olds as teenagers then anyone can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"