Dune

Repulsive.
dave-chappelle.gif

Question for anyone who’s read the book. I’m on page 160
if memory serves me right, I haven’t seen anything resembling Paul’s visions from the movie
Does anyone know when they show up in the book?

Question for anyone who’s read the book. I’m on page 160
if memory serves me right, I haven’t seen anything resembling Paul’s visions from the movie
Does anyone know when they show up in the book?

They really don't show up, really. Its mostly Paul describing them to someone and reflecting on them, and the most descriptive ones we get in the text are about Chani.

It may be nothing but I find it interesting that WB is not mentioned.

Dune is a Legendary franchise. They only partner with WB, I think on a 75/25 split. So this would be mostly up to Legendary.

Villeneuve said it’s still years off though wanting to do another project first, and giving it time to breathe.

Hopefully they give him all the time he needs.

Article on Variety said he is working on an adaptation of Nuclear War: A Scenario for Legendary as well. So not sure how big of a movie that one will be. Since it's same studio, might see them prep stuff for Dune Messiah so it's ready to film more quickly when the other movie is done filming (unless Dune ends up being first....not sure on the timelines)

Wasn’t he also attached to direct Rendezvous with Rama as well? And Cleopatra?

Dude is becoming Guillermo del Toro lol

EXCLUSIVE: In a deal worth $500,000 against $1.5 million, Legendary Entertainment has optioned Pulitzer Prize finalist Annie Jacobsen‘s nonfiction book Nuclear War: A Scenario as a potential reteam with its Dune: Part Two director Denis Villeneuve. The expectation is that Villeneuve would take this one as another giant project after he completes Dune: Messiah, which he and Legendary are developing as the conclusion of the trilogy.

Wasn’t he also attached to direct Rendezvous with Rama as well?
I think so, but I don't think we have heard anything about it in ages. Might be something that takes another like 7 years to manifest.

Dune is a Legendary franchise. They only partner with WB, I think on a 75/25 split. So this would be mostly up to Legendary.
Yeap, I know, and Legendary made a new contract with Sony in 2022, but doesn't WB still has a first look deal for Dune and Monsterverse movies? If so, I don't see why they would ever pass on two of the most profitable films they had in years.
Wasn’t he also attached to direct Rendezvous with Rama as well? And Cleopatra?

Dude is becoming Guillermo del Toro lol
He confirmed he was working on 2-3 more projects outside Dune. I think he still has Rama, Cleopatra and possibly another secret project with Eric Roth (if that wasn't one of the already confirmed ones).
So Dune would be first then! That's okay by me, lol
The article says that Messiah will happen before the nuclear war film, not that it will be his next movie. Villeneuve said that he'd probably take a break from Arrakis and the sand and given Cleopatra is, well, another big scale film in the desert, I think Rama will probably be next for him. Besides his mental health it will also help with the time jump of book 2.

Yeap, I know, and Legendary made a new contract with Sony in 2022, but doesn't WB still has a first look deal for Dune and Monsterverse movies? If so, I don't see why they would ever pass on two of the most profitable films they had in years.

He confirmed he was working on 2-3 more projects outside Dune. I think he still has Rama, Cleopatra and possibly another secret project with Eric Roth (if that wasn't one of the already confirmed ones).

The article says that Messiah will happen before the nuclear war film, not that it will be his next movie. Villeneuve said that he'd probably take a break from Arrakis and the sand and given Cleopatra is, well, another big scale film in the desert, I think Rama will probably be next for him. Besides his mental health it will also help with the time jump of book 2.
Rama is going to be a big film, also. So I am not so sure about that coming before Dune. While not in the desert, that would certainly qualify as a huge movie. Not exactly a sanity cleanser.

As for the first look deal, I would imagine they likely do but they probably don't have input in the hiring and such.

Rama is going to be a big film, also. So I am not so sure about that coming before Dune. While not in the desert, that would certainly qualify as a huge movie. Not exactly a sanity cleanser.
That's true, I agree it probably wouldn't help him much. That's why I thought the Jo Nesbo mystery thriller series he signed to do for HBO was the perfect break from these films, but recently said he abandoned the project so there's that.

Still, my understanding is that Rama is big but probably not as big as Dune, which frankly very few things are, and he emphasised in the changing of scenery so it would make sense if he went there, especially if he wants the actors to grow a bit older. In any case I'm very positive he'll do some other project before Messiah, he has hinted so in numerous interviews. But we'll see which one it is or if he eventually changes his mind.

I hope Messiah releases sooner (within the next 3-4 years) rather than later (worst case scenario up to a full decade after Part 1 in 2031).

I don't think Messiah will take a decade, but I think it does need at least 5+ years to have more impact. Chalamet needs some more Arrakis miles aging up a bit before shooting.

I don't think Messiah will take a decade, but I think it does need at least 5+ years to have more impact. Chalamet needs some more Arrakis miles aging up a bit before shooting.
So maybe filming in 2027-2028 for a 2029 ish release? I guess that would be fine.

Saw Part 2 again and I can now confidently say it’s one of my favorite movies ever. It’s going to be a long wait until Messiah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"