• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elder Scrolls V - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any enemies are precariously placed on a very high area like the top of a fortress or a mountain they will most likely be Fus Ro Dah'ed right off that very high place. I once had a Forsworn commit suicide on me though by leaping off before I could Fus Ro Dah them. Just to add insult to injury I leaped down and survived the fall she plunged from.

It's a lot of fun in the Civil War too. When you do the fortress/city raids quite often enemy soldiers will bunch together, sometimes even atop high walls. The more the merrier, they all go flying. Sometimes it's funny to do it to a giant as well, they look so tough and sturdy until they fall on their butts.

I wasn't expecting to get much out of this Hearthfire DLC but I love having a kid in this universe. I also finally found my wife (Muiri) & have now left the 2 of them with Serana in my house while I'm off all over the continent fighting random creatures & men to finish off the vampire/werewolf perks (Serana's too strong & keeps stealing the kills lol). It seems like such an integral part of the experience that I'm surprised it's not part of the original game & introduced early on.

Last edited:
`My most memorable FUS RO DAH moment was when i accidently did it to my wife, Lydia.

I thought i was going to push the button for something else, she was in the middle of; 'yes my love, what do you...FUS RO DAH!'...and i saw her flying across the room...

To make matter worse, Lydia is completely modded in my game, all her skills are maxed and she knows all the magic spells known to man... and she's essential!

Five seconds later, i was a pile of ash...

That's part of the reason I don't like to use companions. Useful as they might be, they always get in the damn way.

But that one was totally my fault. It was in my home and i totally forgot that i've assigned that button for the shouts recently.

The main reason I don't use them is because they steal my XP. I used them in the beginning until I realized that I wasn't getting their kills as well as my own, then I dumped them to the curb.

Last edited:
I LOVE having companions.The more the merrier. I'm not too concerned with my XP and i love the idea of a ragtag band of individuals taking on incredible odds....kinda like in the ME series.

Currently, i have about 10 companions, but i only take two or three with me at a time.

Any tips from you magic users?

I recently started a Mage but even with the Mage stone it seems like his damn spells take forever to level up. I'm going up against Draugers and stuff and constantly having to blow through my magicka potions because my spells suck so hard.

Should I just find some better tomes or what? It's kind of lame as is, especially when my magicka finally recovers but then I miss the Firebolt or something.

I will just try to specialize in just one or two spells for a while.

Try to level them all up at the same time will be time consuming IMO.

So my Nord Stormcloak has put an end to the civil war, bought a nice house in Windhelm, married and is now murdering people for the Dark Brotherhood. :awesome: This is my first time focusing on two-handed weapons in Skyrim. I married Mjoll the Lioness. However that Aerin guy that follows her around really crept me out, so he had to suffer an unfortunate accident. :ninja:

Any tips from you magic users?

I recently started a Mage but even with the Mage stone it seems like his damn spells take forever to level up. I'm going up against Draugers and stuff and constantly having to blow through my magicka potions because my spells suck so hard.

Should I just find some better tomes or what? It's kind of lame as is, especially when my magicka finally recovers but then I miss the Firebolt or something.

Focus on the schools of magic, not the spells themselves. There's no difference between using lightening and fire, they both fall under 'Destruction' and will level up the same no matter which one you use. Forget about switching between spells unless you just want to do it for the sake of variety.

My only mage character is kind of morally devoid. The way I would level spells with him (at first) was to find unsuspecting travelers out on the roads and just blast them with fire or whatever. Once I got into Restoration, I would kill them to level up Destruction and resurrect them to level up Restoration. Conjuration is the same, just conjure up whatever costs the least about of magika repeatedly, all other conjuration spells will level up along with it.

Yeah, I'm just finding my destruction spells barely do any damage. And, my summoned atronochs die after, like, 2 hits lol.

Just finished Hearthfire & Dawnguard. Enjoyed them both. I thought playing as a werewolf would get boring after finishing the campaign as a vampire but I basically killed every killable character in all the major towns to finish it up. Failed about 20 minor quests in the process so that save will need to be ditched before I start Dragonborn. :woot:

Yeah, I'm just finding my destruction spells barely do any damage. And, my summoned atronochs die after, like, 2 hits lol.

What level are you? Upping magic is a bit of a grind, but the powers do eventually get stronger -which is to say, they do eventually become worth while.

Level 20-something. My destruction is at 40 something I think.

Destruction magic takes ages to max out. I know as my battlemage used it all the time and it took me longer than skills I didn't use that much. I don't think it scales up as effectively as other powers do against higher level enemies.

A Mage was the only class that I didn't play as. I went the Shield and Sword route with my first class (exciting I know) and then I played as a Sniper (with a long bow) on my second.

I had a battlemage for melee with Destruction, Summon & Healing magic & good archery stats. That is my only character though.

hey guys, I've been following your advice and I've been more discerning when it comes to looting. not looting everything in sight and looking for good-high value-weight ratios. and selling my junk often.

I must say........so far it's working!! lol

I've managed to keep my carry weight down to a reasonable level and I racked up a good amount of gold early on ( well, faster than I did before ).

one other question, with Hearthfire out, does it still make sense to purchase one of the pre-built homes like Breezehome when they become available? or should I just save my money to build my own house, assuming I have Hearthfire........

A Mage was the only class that I didn't play as. I went the Shield and Sword route with my first class (exciting I know) and then I played as a Sniper (with a long bow) on my second.

Yea I haven't done much with magic. Iv got a few spells I go to but I primarily use my bow and sword for when things get close

hey guys, I've been following your advice and I've been more discerning when it comes to looting. not looting everything in sight and looking for good-high value-weight ratios. and selling my junk often.

I must say........so far it's working!! lol

I've managed to keep my carry weight down to a reasonable level and I racked up a good amount of gold early on ( well, faster than I did before ).

one other question, with Hearthfire out, does it still make sense to purchase one of the pre-built homes like Breezehome when they become available? or should I just save my money to build my own house, assuming I have Hearthfire........

Save your money to get one of the Hearthfire plots of land. It's more fun and satisfying to build your own home but it gets costly...you have to pay for the plot and then you have to buy a lot of lumber and iron ignots.

So how do you guys play? Do you do everything with one character or do you create multiple characters?

Right now I have one character but the game is losing something b/c he is god-like and the game has gotten too easy. There is a lot I still want to do and haven't seen but I'm thinking I need a new character.

My current character is a savage nord barbarian/shaman type. He's head of the Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Companions. War Hero of the Stormcloaks. Werewolf. Member of the Mages College and Dawnguard. Maxed out or close to it in conjuration, destruction, restoration, light armor, one-handed, archery, sneak, pickpocket, armor crafting, and enchanting. He's also equipped with legendary enchanted dragonscale aromor and enchanted dragon-bone weapons.

That's what I did, pretty much. But I literally used no magic beyond Enchantments with either character so I thought I'd give it a go.

It's not as rewarding so far, to be honest. The skills take frickin forever. I think when I finally get my spell levels up it'll be fun but the grind makes it a bit tedious compared to the warrior/rogue play through

So how do you guys play? Do you do everything with one character or do you create multiple characters?

Right now I have one character but the game is losing something b/c he is god-like and the game has gotten too easy. There is a lot I still want to do and haven't seen but I'm thinking I need a new character.

My current character is a savage nord barbarian/shaman type. He's head of the Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Companions. War Hero of the Stormcloaks. Werewolf. Member of the Mages College and Dawnguard. Maxed out or close to it in conjuration, destruction, restoration, light armor, one-handed, archery, sneak, pickpocket, armor crafting, and enchanting. He's also equipped with legendary enchanted dragonscale aromor and enchanted dragon-bone weapons.

For the most part i do everything with my one character. I dont rely on magic or two handed weapons as much tho. I tend to be an archer and one handed sword fighter. Iv never even created another character as id just find myself playing the same way again. My first character has been perfect for the most part.

Save your money to get one of the Hearthfire plots of land. It's more fun and satisfying to build your own home but it gets costly...you have to pay for the plot and then you have to buy a lot of lumber and iron ignots.

thanks.

so, when you add it all up, what price range am I looking at to build a Hearthfire home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"