Football (Soccer)

Liverpool back in front again Sheff Utd 2-1

Sheff Utd equalize against Liverpool 1-1 at the moment.
Not watching that one but just saw Mac Allister has made it 2-1 in the 70 something minute.

Gakpo makes it 3-1. Any chance of a shock looks done now.

Garnacho makes it 3-2 to us! Great ball to Antony to set him up. Crazy end to end game this, could still be plenty in it yet.

Antony Garnacho combo to make it 3-2!! This is an exciting game! Great ball for the goal.

Oh no!! Penalty to Chelsea right at the end of injury time.

3-3 Palmer with another pen in the last minute to make it a draw. Another brain fart at the back giving it away when we had the points in our hands. Poor again at the back.

Palmer scores! So cool with high pressure pens for a kid. 3-3 final score, great match.

4-3 Palmer again, crazy, crazy game at the end of the game. Once again throwing it all away this time in the last 30 seconds of the game!!

Wait, I thought it was over but no lol. Palmer shoots after getting the ball from a corner (left totally open) and it deflects off McTominay and goes in! Another great 4-3 with Utd, but this time they lose.

We have been involved in some games this season at least but damn are bad at the back, Doesnt help having about 5 centre-backs out injured but my word its terrible at the back there sometimes.

I’m happy for England with Foden and Palmer getting hat tricks recently (even if it includes 2 penalties and a free kick that should have been blocked by the wall lol). Can only be good for their confidence. Palmer has to come on as a sub in games, can make things happen late on and if if goes to pens I want him and Toney on at the end.

8lm529.gif

LOL Núñez! Where have I seen that one before?
8lm4u4.gif

United and Chelsea looked like they'd given up on the PL last night and were auditioning for the NBA, it was entertaining in the way a dumb but fun B movie actioner is fun, totally unsustainable stuff, zero structure on the pitch and even less brains, both teams need so much added it's scary.

From a United perspective I was just laughing by the end, Ten Hag is truly a visionary, the first manager to play without a midfield, his "tactics" are nuts, AWB was running beyond Højlund at one point as an inverted fullback #10......WTF? :lmao: the bulk of players we have aren't good enough but asking them to play roles they can't actually play is suicide, the only thing keeping any support for Ten Hag at this point is the looming fear of Southgate.

On the bright side Garnacho was quality, both of those finishes were excellent, the first one he's got pressure behind him from the CB and the keeper coming at him, he keeps his balance and composure beautifully to score, and the placement of the header and movement on his 2nd was class, and speaking of that 2nd goal, what a ball from Antony! It was also probably his best overall game for United. The only other positive was Mount looked sharp and strong when he came on, he tried to keep possession but Bruno and McTominay were having none of that.

It's sad to say but all we've got left is trying to dent Liverpool's title hopes and maybe an FA Cup final, bleak times and when I look at what needs doing in the summer it sets my anxiety off, the task is mammoth.

8lm529.gif

LOL Núñez! Where have I seen that one before?
8lm4u4.gif
Haha, we finally see Nunez’ secret coach. This little dude is probably going to have a ton of job offers lined up in the morning. :beaming:

My patience with Ten Hag is starting to run out completely and he's not doing himself any favors. Every time we drop a stinker, his quotes after the game are always baffling. How can you even talk about improvement and similar expressions? Like sure we're scoring 2-3 goals more often than that stretch of the season when we could barely score 1, however we also give away 2-3 goals per game so how is that a step up? Most chances given away out of any teams in the top5 leagues... completely baffling. Our style of football feels comparable to the chaos-football of Blackpool when they were in the league, "We'll score 3 but we might give away 4". I know most of our squad is crap but at some point you gotta change your ways or adapt.

The one thing that depresses me even more is that Southgate seems to be the hottest link as far as another manager goes. I feel dead inside at the moment watching our team, but if we sack Ten Hag and get Southgate that's it for me, I'm not watching any games next season. I'll take anyone else over him but if that's the route they wanna go I'd rather start watching Bournemouth or something.

My patience with Ten Hag is starting to run out completely and he's not doing himself any favors. Every time we drop a stinker, his quotes after the game are always baffling. How can you even talk about improvement and similar expressions? Like sure we're scoring 2-3 goals more often than that stretch of the season when we could barely score 1, however we also give away 2-3 goals per game so how is that a step up? Most chances given away out of any teams in the top5 leagues... completely baffling. Our style of football feels comparable to the chaos-football of Blackpool when they were in the league, "We'll score 3 but we might give away 4". I know most of our squad is crap but at some point you gotta change your ways or adapt.

The one thing that depresses me even more is that Southgate seems to be the hottest link as far as another manager goes. I feel dead inside at the moment watching our team, but if we sack Ten Hag and get Southgate that's it for me, I'm not watching any games next season. I'll take anyone else over him but if that's the route they wanna go I'd rather start watching Bournemouth or something.
Progress to go from not scoring to scoring more and conceding more. The next level of progress will be to stop conceding as many and also stop scoring, and then the level after that to start scoring more and conceding more again! :dry:

Progress to go from not scoring to scoring more and conceding more. The next level of progress will be to stop conceding as many and also stop scoring, and then the level after that to start scoring more and conceding more again! :dry:
Lose a game to City by the number of 8-4 "we're making progress though"

What a start from Palace! Already 1-0 against City.

Oh well, KDB already equalises into the top corner. Too much class.

Final score was 4-2 to City, another for KDB with Haaland and Rico Lewis also on the scoresheet.

Newcastle get a late winner against Fulham.

West Ham win 2-1 against Wolves having been a goal down.

Luton get 3 points against Bournemouth, they’re still fighting!

Saka scores a pen and Havertz now gets a second for 2-0 so far for Arsenal against Brighton.

Didnt realize it was United v Liverpool again at OT, another big game but this time bigger for Liverpool than us and I feel they might be out for revenge after a couple of weeks ago so I cant see us getting anything out of this, especially with what will likely be under 12s at centre back with all our injuries. I dont see how we stop them scoring a hatful and I dont see us getting 4 against them again which is probably what we would need to get a draw out of this alone this time. Still makes for an interesting game in the run in at least.

Arsenal finished it 3-0 with a goal from Trossard. They’re doing their part for now to keep the title race alive, got tough fixtures left though. I wish it was this close the top amongst more than 2 teams every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"