Football (Soccer)

Slightly random but for anyone who likes their football shirts - Nike are re-releasing the Brazil shirt from the 98 world cup. You can have it plain or with R9 name & number. Best news I've had all week tbh.

Chelsea v City at the weekend in the FA cup semi is going to be very interesting now. Chelsea in great form now and will have a lot of confidence going in, City will need to pick themselves up quickly. Another huge game but this time going in a little more disappointed than before.
Quite fine watching Cole Palmer running Chelsea these days into actually being competitive. Should be a better match now than it might have been a few months ago.

Yeah I guess this means 5th isnt going to be getting CL now with both sides going out before the semi's? Certainly cant help our chances anyway. As you say not great timing.
Looking unlikley now. Would probably need Villa going all the way instead of Leverkusen or a comeback from either/both Liverpool and West Ham tonight. Even if all the German teams lose all their remaining matches Villa will still have to make up the current deficit alone.

Looking unlikley now. Would probably need Villa going all the way instead of Leverkusen or a comeback from either/both Liverpool and West Ham tonight. Even if all the German teams lose all their remaining matches Villa will still have to make up the current deficit alone.
Yeah tough ask for West Ham even at home, Leverkusen are probably the last side you would want at the moment outside of the CL so they will do well to get through that now.

Liverpool I feel still could turn it around if they start taking their chances, couple of early goals and the game will change a lot for them.

Villa I see are currently losing and so even that is in the balance now it seems. Not looking great at the moment.

I went to the West Ham match and it was fun being 1-0 for much of it and at least in with a chance but in the end couldn’t get that second goal and they got an equaliser near the end.

Yeah tough ask for West Ham even at home, Leverkusen are probably the last side you would want at the moment outside of the CL so they will do well to get through that now.

Liverpool I feel still could turn it around if they start taking their chances, couple of early goals and the game will change a lot for them.

Villa I see are currently losing and so even that is in the balance now it seems. Not looking great at the moment.
A shame Liverpool couldn’t do more and with West Ham also out it’s all on Villa now. Germany have Leverkusen looking strong in the EL and Dortmund and Bayern still left in the CL along with a coefficient lead so it’s a very uphill battle. If Villa hadn’t won their shootout then it would have been all over.

A shame Liverpool couldn’t do more and with West Ham also out it’s all on Villa now. Germany have Leverkusen looking strong in the EL and Dortmund and Bayern still left in the CL along with a coefficient lead so it’s a very uphill battle. If Villa hadn’t won their shootout then it would have been all over.
Yeah looking tough now for us to get 5th place. Europa Conference cant be as good as a Euorpa League or CL positions but I guess they know what they are doing!!??

Yeah looking tough now for us to get 5th place. Europa Conference cant be as good as a Euorpa League or CL positions but I guess they know what they are doing!!??
There's differences in coefficient points for progressing in rounds for each tournament at various stages so at least some weighting towards the CL and less towards ECL, but still it feels like it's not weighted strongly enough to the CL where the best teams are.

Slightly random but for anyone who likes their football shirts - Nike are re-releasing the Brazil shirt from the 98 world cup. You can have it plain or with R9 name & number. Best news I've had all week tbh.

Always loved that top, might actually pick it up if it's reasonably priced just for nostalgia purposes. France 98 was the first World Cup I can legitimately remember watching in it's near entirety & it was when R9 was at his peak, I believe prior to the start of his terrible luck with injury. When I think of Ronaldo, he's always wearing that Brazil kit in my mind, also produced one of my favourite ever footballing images, although I'm not sure if it was taken during the World Cup, but he's in the kit no less.

ronaldo.jpg

Always loved that top, might actually pick it up if it's reasonably priced just for nostalgia purposes. France 98 was the first World Cup I can legitimately remember watching in it's near entirety & it was when R9 was at his peak, I believe prior to the start of his terrible luck with injury. When I think of Ronaldo, he's always wearing that Brazil kit in my mind, also produced one of my favourite ever footballing images, although I'm not sure if it was taken during the World Cup, but he's in the kit no less.

ronaldo.jpg
That picture pretty much sums him up.

ronaldo.jpg
1713596516369.png
The Mercurial R9 boots are iconic with that time as well. Ah when football was real and not AI controlled.

Last edited:
There's differences in coefficient points for progressing in rounds for each tournament at various stages so at least some weighting towards the CL and less towards ECL, but still it feels like it's not weighted strongly enough to the CL where the best teams are.
Yeah you would think actually doing better in the CL would be better for getting into the CL but hey ho, these football governing bodies dont tend to have a huge number of brain cells between them and just go for the money anyway, or just, you know, corruption.

Relegation games today. Luton got battered 5-1 at home by Brentford while Sheff Utd lost 4-1 at home to Burnley.

Otherwise FA Cup semi in progress with City and Chelsea 0-0 so far.

View attachment 88061
The Mercurial R9 boots are iconic with that time as well. Ah when football was real and not AI controlled.
Peak Ronaldo is still my all-time favourite striker. A career ravaged by injury but at least we saw him at his best for a while and no one else has got to quite that level in that position for me (in my era of watching football).

Silva scores with about 7 mins to go, 1-0 City!

City reach another FA Cup final then, Chelsea has a host of chances but were terrible in front of goal, especially Jackson who was so wasteful. City only really had the one chance they made the most of it, clinical from them and gets their season back on track a bit after midweek disappointment.

Trossard slices into the corner to put Arsenal ahead near the break against Wolves. They’ve not had it all their own way this half though.

Damn, West Ham already 4-0 down to Palace after 30 mins!

United take a first half lead against Coventry at Wembley, in the game to win the right to get battered by City in the final. McTominay 1-0.

Maguire doubles are lead 2-0 on the stroke of HT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"