Grand Theft Auto 6

Wow this looks absolutely stunning already and as someone who considers themselves a pretty huge Vice City fan this honestly might the most excited, I've been for any game in a very long time.

Vice City and San Andreas have always been my favorite GTA games and if this ends up being insanely successful which it likely will I hope we get this same kind of modern, update with San Andreas.

Also, please let this come out next year instead of 2025.

It’s coming 2025, which in 4 weeks we will be in 2024. So then it will be “next year” aka a year away.

I am surprised you were worried it wouldn’t look more advanced when RDR2 exists.
I’ve just got so used to GTA V being continuously recycled and that and GTA online being the face of GTA for a life age of the Earth, that I’d started losing hope on their ambitions for this series (at least on the single player side). Very glad to see this look every bit as good as I could have hoped for.

At 100 mil views currently on YT (Rockstar upload). Yeah, this just wiped GTA V's trailer lifetime views. In 24 hours.

Absolutely crazy.

Yeah the YouTube view count is massive, especially in the TikTok era. This somehow managed to break a YouTube record.

It’s December right now, we are 4 weeks away from January 2024. If this game is 2025 we are literally a year away. It is not as far as people are making it out to be honest
I think you are being a bit naive if you think they are gonna release this in January. These tend to release in either Spring or Fall and either is more likely. With that said, we could be waiting close to 2 years for this and thats assuming there isnt a delay, which could also very well happen

People are already impatient, lol

They were in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation where the longer they wait to release a trailer the more people would be complaining about there not being one and likewise the longer the wait between the trailer and game launch the more people will complain as well. Personally I'd have been fine if they had waited until 6 months before launch to drop the first trailer when they knew for sure they could meet the deadline but it's still fun to see an official first look.
Impatient? GTA V came out in 2013. People will have been waiting 12 years by the time this comes out

Impatient? GTA V came out in 2013. People will have been waiting 12 years by the time this comes out
And it's warranted. Now I'm not about to defend Rockstar because if it wasn't for them pushing GTA Online to the point of re-releasing V on next gen consoles and thus further delaying development of VI, this game *might* have been out by now, or it definitely would have were they still aiming for a last-gen release. But even so, it's still the nature of the beast these days. Games like this have a long development period. Most game sequels in this generation and even the previous one have about a five year development period on average. That's how long it was between GTA V and Red Dead Redemption II and we just passed the five year mark since RDR 2's release. These longer development periods aren't something I can see changing any time soon unless they decide to scale open world maps down significantly as a start. At least going by the trailer they seem to be taking full advantage of next gen consoles so I'm feeling hopeful it'll be worth the wait. They know how long people have been waiting and they know everyone's expecting them to deliver.

And it's warranted. Now I'm not about to defend Rockstar because if it wasn't for them pushing GTA Online to the point of re-releasing V on next gen consoles and thus further delaying development of VI, this game *might* have been out by now, or it definitely would have were they still aiming for a last-gen release. But even so, it's still the nature of the beast these days. Games like this have a long development period. Most game sequels in this generation and even the previous one have about a five year development period on average. That's how long it was between GTA V and Red Dead Redemption II and we just passed the five year mark since RDR 2's release. These longer development periods aren't something I can see changing any time soon unless they decide to scale open world maps down significantly as a start. At least going by the trailer they seem to be taking full advantage of next gen consoles so I'm feeling hopeful it'll be worth the wait. They know how long people have been waiting and they know everyone's expecting them to deliver.

o6d6vil7ho4c1.jpg

For a visual. And that doesnt even count the other games Rockstar was putting out like Max Payne, Bully, Manhunt, Smugglers Run, Warriors, Midnight Club, RDR1. The only alternate title they've put out in the last 12 years was RDR2

I blame GTA Online. And if we believe the rumours, GTA VI had a troubled early development stage.

GTA V sold more than 150 million copies and a Rockstar is a big company, with offices around the world. A follow up shouldn't have taken 11 to 12 years. Their release slate should have been like this

2013: GTA V
2014: GTA V neXt gen port
2017: RDR2
2020: GTA VI
2024: GTA VII

The online companions of GTA V / RDR2 obviously have taken their focus.

I think you are being a bit naive if you think they are gonna release this in January. These tend to release in either Spring or Fall and either is more likely. With that said, we could be waiting close to 2 years for this and thats assuming there isnt a delay, which could also very well happen

If you read my other posts I said I could see them releasing this in March/April.

I’m gonna say this could be a March/April release.

When I say a year away I am not being literal saying a year from January. I am saying it’s just a year in general away from 2024 to 2025. Not being naive at all if you read my posts. But not gonna sit and argue with you about anything. You can think and feel how you want to. I’m good on my end. The game will release when it releases so, nothing we can do haha :up:

Last edited:
FYI GTA V trailer hit 2 years before it came out in 2013 ;)

o6d6vil7ho4c1.jpg

For a visual. And that doesnt even count the other games Rockstar was putting out like Max Payne, Bully, Manhunt, Smugglers Run, Warriors, Midnight Club, RDR1. The only alternate title they've put out in the last 12 years was RDR2
Yeah, I have a hard time thinking they couldn't have had a B-team put out a GTA V equivalent of VCS/LCS, or made actual DLC for RDR2, or a proper trilogy remaster instead of the outsourced crap they gave us, I can understand development times are a lot longer, but this dramatic of a drop in output just isn't acceptable to me.

Yeah, I have a hard time thinking they couldn't have had a B-team put out a GTA V equivalent of VCS/LCS, or made actual DLC for RDR2, or a proper trilogy remaster instead of the outsourced crap they gave us, I can understand development times are a lot longer, but this dramatic of a drop in output just isn't acceptable to me.
Not acceptable in what way?

Not acceptable in what way?
Not acceptable in that waiting 12 f***ing years for a new GTA when we used to get multiple R* games per gen kind of pisses me off, especially considering how poor their treatment of GTA has been lately, GTAO is a mess that's been dragged out with lazy update after lazy update and an absurdly greedy subscription service, GTA IV got its complete edition on PC where they couldn't even be bothered to fix the issue that makes the final mission near impossible to beat on even remotely modern hardware, and the trilogy remaster was outsourced to an incompetent mobile developer who already had a history of mismanaging those exact games.

Last edited:
Game development takes so long these days and especially for these huge open world games. I’d prefer smaller maps and more regular output. At my age and with how long titles like this and Elder Scrolls now seem to take to come around I’ll only see a few more of each.

Game development takes so long these days and especially for these huge open world games. I’d prefer smaller maps and more regular output. At my age and with how long titles like this and Elder Scrolls now seem to take to come around I’ll only see a few more of each.
That is only part of it for Rockstar. The fact that GTA V still sells like crazy is what kept them from a sequel for such a long time. They're milking every drop of the game due to such high demand of the online version.

This can finally be the official launch of next (current) gen. :cool:

I’ve just got so used to GTA V being continuously recycled and that and GTA online being the face of GTA for a life age of the Earth, that I’d started losing hope on their ambitions for this series (at least on the single player side). Very glad to see this look every bit as good as I could have hoped for.
The GTA Online counterpart of GTA VI worries me because its going to be an obvious success and once again, Rockstar will go back to the cycle of updating it for several years to come and we would wait another 10 years or more, for a new GTA.

This is why I wouldn't mind GTA VII ends up so massive in campaign content. Like bloated, 3x bigger and longer than GTA V. because its going to take a very long time again before another GTA.

The GTA Online counterpart of GTA VI worries me because its going to be an obvious success and once again, Rockstar will go back to the cycle of updating it for several years to come and we would wait another 10 years or more, for a new GTA.

This is why I wouldn't mind GTA VII ends up so massive in campaign content. Like bloated, 3x bigger and longer than GTA V. because its going to take a very long time again before another GTA.
Yeah, so much money in the online side that it unfortunately prevents sequels to one of the biggest series in gaming coming out in reasonable intervals. One game a gen would be fine with me but one every 2 gens is not.

Yeah, so much money in the online side that it unfortunately prevents sequels to one of the biggest series in gaming coming out in reasonable intervals. One game a gen would be fine with me but one every 2 gens is not.
I think I would have been frustrated more if I played GTA V back in 2013 or 2014. Because it's really been that long. I already played so many GTA like games since then (Watch Dogs, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs and in some ways Mafia). I even eXperienced playing GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas in the PS4, after playing those in the 2000s. And there aren't a lot of recent open world games set in a modern city to take away my hunger for a new GTA game.

Also after GTA VI, Rockstar might release another game before GTA VII, so that would mean more waiting and patience.

I think I would have been frustrated more if I played GTA V back in 2013 or 2014. Because it's really been that long. I already played so many GTA like games since then (Watch Dogs, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs and in some ways Mafia). I even eXperienced playing GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas in the PS4, after playing those in the 2000s. And there aren't a lot of recent open world games set in a modern city to take away my hunger for a new GTA game.

Also after GTA VI, Rockstar might release another game before GTA VII, so that would mean more waiting and patience.
I did play it in 2013 so the wait has been a killer! GTA isn't even my type of game, but it's just too important as an overall benchmark of gaming to get suppressed like this. I understand dev times are longer now and that is a fair reason to have games come out much less regularly. I don't want GTA Online to mean that we get only one GTA game every 2 gens though (like Elder Scrolls), as that would mean I only have a few more till I'm gone. :csad:

I did play it in 2013 so the wait has been a killer! GTA isn't even my type of game, but it's just too important as an overall benchmark of gaming to get suppressed like this. I understand dev times are longer now and that is a fair reason to have games come out much less regularly. I don't want GTA Online to mean that we get only one GTA game every 2 gens though (like Elder Scrolls), as that would mean I only have a few more till I'm gone. :csad:
Yeah thats the thing, none of us are getting younger and things can happen in an instant. And we don't know how healthy we are in the neXt 5 years and the neXt decade. Like I'm in my mid 30s and I'm already hating that I can now see more white hair which doesn't seem like a big deal but it is kinda big deal to me. What else more else in another 10 years, when we are now discussing about PS6 and the games coming to it. What will happen to the world by then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"