Grand Theft Auto 6

I haven't heard sentenced to hospital prison for life, until now. It sounds incredibly notorious to get a sentence like that, and iirc, its for a minor.

I haven't heard sentenced to hospital prison for life, until now. It sounds incredibly notorious to get a sentence like that, and iirc, its for a minor.

Well maybe they pleaded insanity to avoid hard time and now have a conditional release assuming they gets better.

His situation is a lot more nuanced then that. He's severely autistic, violent and vowed to continue hacking into companies if he is released. It's not a simple matter of he hacked into Rockstar and now he's in hospital jail for life. This kid really has a lot more issues than just a pithy clickbait headline.

His situation is a lot more nuanced then that. He's severely autistic, violent and vowed to continue hacking into companies if he is released. It's not a simple matter of he hacked into Rockstar and now he's in hospital jail for life. This kid really has a lot more issues than just a pithy clickbait headline.
IGN is definitely clickbaity but I don't think this headline is. whoever he may be, he was knowingly part of a hacking organization which strongly implies he knew exactly what he was doing

LAWD have mercy.

LAWD have mercy.

I remember when Niko Bellic's voice actor spoke poorly about how he was paid by Rockstar for his involvement in GTA4. If he had stayed in their good graces, we could have seen more of the character in future installments. Hell, he may have even been in GTA5.

I remember when Niko Bellic's voice actor spoke poorly about how he was paid by Rockstar for his involvement in GTA4. If he had stayed in their good graces, we could have seen more of the character in future installments. Hell, he may have even been in GTA5.
Considering what happened to the main protagonist of the Lost and Damned DLC in GTA V, maybe it's for the best that Niko wasn't in it. :o

Considering what happened to the main protagonist of the Lost and Damned DLC in GTA V, maybe it's for the best that Niko wasn't in it. :o
yes, there certainly is that. but Johnny deserved what he got, he was the worst of the worst scum in the GTA4 series protagonists. but he also wasn't the only GTA4 character to show up in GTA5.

yes, there certainly is that. but Johnny deserved what he got, he was the worst of the worst scum in the GTA4 series protagonists. but he also wasn't the only GTA4 character to show up in GTA5.
It's been so long since I played GTA IV and the DLC that I barely remember the story details. I've actually been really tempted to dust off my old 360 to play it again. From what I remember, Packie McCreary was the other character from GTA IV to show up in V as someone you can hire for heists but I'm not sure if anybody else from IV turned up in GTA Online.

It's been so long since I played GTA IV and the DLC that I barely remember the story details. I've actually been really tempted to dust off my old 360 to play it again. From what I remember, Packie McCreary was the other character from GTA IV to show up in V as someone you can hire for heists but I'm not sure if anybody else from IV turned up in GTA Online.
yes! you are right on the money. Packie is the one character that I remember, and when you pick up, he does mention that Niko is "probably" dead too.

yes! you are right on the money. Packie is the one character that I remember, and when you pick up, he does mention that Niko is "probably" dead too.
It's possible that we might hear more about him in VI provided it's in the same continuity, which it should be.

Another GTA4 character also appeared in GTA5. Though her role in the latter was pretty minor. One of Nico's girlfriends Michelle who was an undercover agent and it was revealed that her real name was Karen. When she appears in GTA5, it's shown that she became an interrogator for the IAA.

It's possible that we might hear more about him in VI provided it's in the same continuity, which it should be.
I don't disagree, but I'm not really sure why it should be? V came out over ten years ago, two generations of consoles ago. Might as well switch it up.

I don't disagree, but I'm not really sure why it should be? V came out over ten years ago, two generations of consoles ago. Might as well switch it up.
But they've re-released V on current gen consoles so it's still very relevant. Besides, since we've only seen Liberty City and Los Santos in the current GTA continuity it just makes sense that a game introducing a next-gen Vice City would fit into that same continuity.

Also, console generational differences aren't always relevant when it comes to game series. For example, all of the God of War games share the same continuity and those all came out over the span of nearly two decades.

But they've re-released V on current gen consoles so it's still very relevant. Besides, since we've only seen Liberty City and Los Santos in the current GTA continuity it just makes sense that a game introducing a next-gen Vice City would fit into that same continuity.

Also, console generational differences aren't always relevant when it comes to game series. For example, all of the God of War games share the same continuity and those all came out over the span of nearly two decades.
Oh I know it rarely matters, it just seemed like a statement from Rockstar back in the day, when they switched from the PS2 era to the PS3 era, that they created a new continuity.

Yeah I remember Rockstar called this new continuity of games the HD era if I remember correctly. So I can see 4,5 and 6 forming a new GTA trilogy but it might not end with 6 ithough. GTA 7 might continue this era years from now. Maybe if they decide to go International that can be a new trilogy focusing overseas. Skies the limit as far as where Rockstar can go after 6. As of right now though I just need 6 in my hands and then in my PS5 lol.

Layoffs at Rockstar incoming...

Yeah I remember Rockstar called this new continuity of games the HD era if I remember correctly. So I can see 4,5 and 6 forming a new GTA trilogy but it might not end with 6 ithough. GTA 7 might continue this era years from now. Maybe if they decide to go International that can be a new trilogy focusing overseas. Skies the limit as far as where Rockstar can go after 6. As of right now though I just need 6 in my hands and then in my PS5 lol.
I think IV, V and VI fit as a trilogy, like III, Vice City and San Andreas as a trilogy. Assuming VI still feels like a classic third person GTA game that heavily emphasizes on crime stories.

VII could be a start of a new trilogy (hopefully no more 10 year+ gap) if they decide to feature a new location, and change the overall feel/direction of the game compare to previous games. Like for eXample, if Rockstar suddenly decides to have boss battles in GTA, feature a character creation for the story campaign and feature a skill tree that can be upgraded through skill points. Those would be such a big change for a GTA game.

Why do you say that?
Basically soft/quiet layoffs. People unhappy about RTO might leave on their own thus Rockstar doesn't have to offer severance pay.

Ubisoft Montréal did this last summer.

Basically soft/quiet layoffs. People unhappy about RTO might leave on their own thus Rockstar doesn't have to offer severance pay.

Ubisoft Montréal did this last summer.
People quitting because they don't want to come back to the office isn't the same thing as a layoff. I know that other developers are going through layoffs but I'm thinking Rockstar may be exempt from that specifically because of GTA VI, at least for now.

People quitting because they don't want to come back to the office isn't the same thing as a layoff. I know that other developers are going through layoffs but I'm thinking Rockstar may be exempt from that specifically because of GTA VI, at least for now.
In this case with RTO mandates, yeah, they're "soft layoffs". Basically Rockstar saying it's a layoff without saying it's a layoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"