Halo Halo: Infinite

The gameplay looks really good and smooth. I like the glimpses we got of the new weapons. Not sure how I feel about the grappling hook, but I’m sure it’ll make the open world elements much easier to traverse.

My biggest reserve is the plot. Halo 4 is alright, but 5 is a mess. This also seems to be completely removed from both. It’s not necessarily a problem, But I hope they don’t completely drop everything from the last two.

Cover art is gorgeous.

I'm intrigued about the new boss villain. Worried about more Cortana drama though

Was a let down. Visually did not look good and even looks (visually) worse than the last one. There were load in (pop ins) in the background. Thought Series X velocity architecture was suppose to get rid of this. Game play was alright.. but ya... for a next Gen system with all the power they brag about it was a big let down, good thing this game is included in game pass as I would not buy it outright as it is now.

Last edited:
I'm willing to wait until they finalize everything but I'd still play because I'm more invested in the plot than the graphics at this point.

Was a let down. Visually did not look good and even looks (visually) worse than the last one. There were load in (pop ins) in the background. Thought Series X velocity architecture was suppose to get rid of this. Game play was alright.. but ya... for a next Gen system with all the power they brag about it was a big let down, good thing this game is included in game pass as I would not buy it outright as it is now.
It didn't have much of a next gen wow factor unfortunately. Not that any game really has had so far. The only stuff that looked next gen was the small part of Hellblade 2 we saw ages ago and that Unreal Engine 5 tech demo (which is obviously just a demo).

It still looks fun and graphically good. That's all I care about! I don't need everything to be amazingly mindblowing next gen level right away

For those disappointed in the visuals shown yesterday, it's confirmed that the demo is from an old build.

Also, gameplay was on PC.

For those disappointed in the visuals shown yesterday, it's confirmed that the demo is from an old build.

Leans into my theory that this was an emergency event to try and counters Sony's. The lack of game play from their top games and showing trailers for some games that are obvious a year or more from being released (If there is not 10-20 seconds of Hellblade gameplay it is a long ways away.. Fable...I do not expect that until 2022 same with Forza)

Was not a BAD event but far from great and heavily pushed gamepass too bad a lot of the first party games they showed are months if not years away.

This is a pretty bad marketing strategy. Some people have now made their next generation console decisions and won’t play the game to see how good it might be when everything is optimised.

If you're holding an event to promote a new game that is meant to push console sales, it might be prudent to put your best foot forward.

I'll happily buy the game, but on XBox One. I've seen nothing to convince me to drop $600 for a new console.

My two cents:

I think MS is now concentrating on the whole "game service" instead of selling their hardware. They may not make much revenue from the box sales next generation but MS can definitely afford it.

077e1bbc-0937-55b7-e0d0-373c71aa6a87

I loved Halo, and this looks better than 5 but... yeah. Very unspectacular. 343 really killed this series.

I think visually it looks great but I wonder what the final game will look like. MS has kind of blown it so far with the marketing despite the higher performance machine

So they’re following the Windows strategy apparently and this will be a game that keeps getting add-ons in the future. Wasn’t impressed by what I saw and I’ve already determined that I’m going to wait a couple years before buying a new console. Hopefully by then Sony makes a slim PS5 :D:

Developers keep clarifying that the footage was from an early unpolished non-4k build and that the game is still being worked on. We shall see and properly judge when the final version is released in a couple of more months and then compare the xbox one version to the xbox series x upgrade

Developers keep clarifying that the footage was from an early unpolished non-4k build and that the game is still being worked on. We shall see and properly judge when the final version is released in a couple of more months and then compare the xbox one version to the xbox series x upgrade

I love how people gobble this up with no question. (nah devs would not lie to protect their image)

1. If true,it is horrible marketing. You do not go into an event hyping the **** out of a game only to show an old version that looks bad. If MS could not see this looked bad then what does that say. As I have stated they KNEW what was being shown and if they thought it looked good then things are worse than I believe.

1b - If true, then they tried to hide the fact that it was an old build and was done on a PC and only admitted to all this once the backlash happened. Again a bad look and shows how shady MS is.

2- Maybe this is not an old build, maybe just maybe this is what they had and when everyone **** on it they did damage control saying oh this is an old build (that we showed for some lame reason).

I just find it pretty bad they could not load up a playable demo on the XBSX. (OF ANY GAME!!)

Reports are 343 are a mess and MS is like an overload with a whip.

Lets not forget the fact most of the big games they showed trailers for are 2-3 years away from release, there is not one Top of the line game (except halo cough cough) that I know of that will be released at launch.

Look I am an Xbox guy but MS lying and trying to fool people is getting annoying. Especially when they want me to dish out a good sum of money on this thing. Though I am hoping it is a lower cost and they plan on making that on with game pass. (which they were not to subtle about during the event )

Last edited:
I love how people gobble this up with no question. (nah devs would not lie to protect their image)

1. If true,it is horrible marketing. You do not go into an event hyping the **** out of a game only to show an old version that looks bad. If MS could not see this looked bad then what does that say. As I have stated they KNEW what was being shown and if they thought it looked good then things are worse than I believe.

1b - If true, then they tried to hide the fact that it was an old build and was done on a PC and only admitted to all this once the backlash happened. Again a bad look and shows how shady MS is.

2- Maybe this is not an old build, maybe just maybe this is what they had and when everyone **** on it they did damage control saying oh this is an old build (that we showed for some lame reason).

I just find it pretty bad they could not load up a playable demo on the XBSX. (OF ANY GAME!!)

Reports are 343 are a mess and MS is like an overload with a whip.

Lets not forget the fact most of the big games they showed trailers for are 2-3 years away from release, there is not one Top of the line game (except halo cough cough) that I know of that will be released at launch.

Look I am an Xbox guy but MS lying and trying to fool people is getting annoying.

I'm not gobbling up anything without question. I just don't give a damn about marketing and all that. I care about the final product when I play it myself. You disliking the footage, hating on the marketing and probably not getting the day doesn't affect me at all. I don't care if you don't even get a series x.

Excuse for me liking the gameplay while you don't. I don't care much about graphics although I admit it could definitely be better and would be nicer and if the game does look better on release day then that's cool.

I'm not gobbling up anything without question. I just don't give a damn about marketing and all that. I care about the final product when I play it myself. You disliking the footage, hating on the marketing and probably not getting the day doesn't affect me at all. I don't care if you don't even get a series x.

Excuse for me liking the gameplay while you don't. I don't care much about graphics although I admit it could definitely be better and would be nicer and if the game does look better on release day then that's cool.

Did I say you? No, I said people. "I love how people gobble this up with no question." Oh its an old version.. ok. makes sense.. (not that they could even be lying about that fact).

And you really took a load of my mind that you do not care if I get one or not. Saved me from having to send you a card and flowers.

And hey if you do not care about graphics, do not bother getting one yourself ;)

As for me not caring about gameplay, please show me where I said that. if you can't, please do not make things up and keep your fingers off the keyboard.

Where as I was not attacking one individual in particular you sure seem interested in defending yourself and coming back with unfounded accusations against me.

Are you always this much of an *******/d-bag? Why would I not get something if it doesn't bother me?

Well it's as I said. I'll happily buy the game, but on current gen. If that demo was meant to sell me on spending hundreds of dollars on an XBox Series X at launch, it failed spectacularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"