Halo Halo: Infinite

I'm thankful for gamepass. I wouldn't buy this game until it goes on sale like I did with Halo 5

Confirmed.

Also, rumours say pay-to-play online will no longer be in effect on Xbox.

Also, rumors say pay-to-play online will no longer be in effect on Xbox.

Most likely they will force people to have game pass in order to play Multi-player games (Or they better reduce my game pass Ultimate price as it includes Gold)

Yeah. just saw this news!

While this is good for the game itself, it's not very good (perception wise, at least) for the Series X.

Even though Halo Infinite is not strictly a Series X exclusive next-gen title, it was positioned as the big, tentpole title to coincide with the launch of the new console. This could potentially derail a good deal of the hype and excitement for the Series X at launch. There will still be other games to play at launch, of course, but this was supposed to be the flagship title!

hopefully the delay will allow them to make the game feel more like a true next-gen game that feels worthy of the Series X. but, the delay is still a bummer nonetheless if you are an Xbox fan. Now, this is just one less reason to get the Series X at launch.

Last edited:
This will surely result in less Series X getting sold at launch. Many will delay their purchase.
yeah, this is like the worst possible news at the worst possible time for the Series X. Xbox can't afford to lose the early launch sales and momentum, and this move may have just cost them that early market share and more importantly mind share.

Given the already uphill battle Xbox is facing, it may be hard to recover from this by the time Halo Infinite does launch next year.

Good on MS to delay this. With the pandemic, it's definitely not a good idea to let people do even more crunch time.

Meh, I think people are putting too much stock into Halo = a lot of sales. Sure it helps but if people are going to get XBSX they will get it no matter what a delayed Halo wont mean much, and if it matters that much to someone then they just lose out on the better experience on other games while they pout and wait.

Pandemic had little to do with this game being behind (some but not much) Fact is Halo Infinite was being created for XB1X until MS decided this should be a launch title for XBSX, so 343 needed to more or less re-do the game to make it (in a failed attempt) to be "Next gen" there is not a button they can press to make a game next gen. Perhaps even switching the engine was the result of this as well. It is for the best they delayed it, but it better be darn good when they do release it.

IMO you can not have a next gen game and service a lower end system as well as still feel "next gen" Just make Halo Infinite next gen only, I agree with the latest Digital foundry on this topic. May piss some off but whatever. Now people WOULD have a reason to upgrade to the next gen.

Now saying that, (again my personal opinion I know others disagree) I do not really give a crap if Halo is ready or not or if there is even another Halo . I like Halo, but I play it and move onto the next game. As long as MS shows some actual game play on the actual console I will still pre-order. There are many games I am interested in playing on this that will be out by then.

Some good news for Halo fans I presume.

Some not so good news.

Some not so good news.

This news is not unexpected.

What happened to Halo Infinite was such a major royal **** up, that I predicted someone was bound to get fired over it.

The big question is how will this affect the development going forward and if this will cause further delays?

I really don't think MS can afford to delay this further than it already has. Especially when MS hasn't exactly laid out any kind of roadmap for major releases next year. Other than Halo Infinite, which was supposed to release 2 weeks from now.

Contrast that to Sony, which has quite a few games already lined up for next year for PS5 (Ratchet, Kena, Guilty Gear, Gran Turismo, Returnal, Horizon 2, God of War 2). Granted, some of those, like GOW 2, may get delayed to 2022. And some of those, like Gran Turismo or Returnal, haven't exactly been confirmed for next year but seem highly likely. But stuff like Kena, Ratchet, and Guilty Gear have been confirmed for early 2021 at least.

And that alone is more than you can say about the 2021 lineup for Series X/S. Which right now is practically unknown other than Halo. Which was supposed to be the one big game for this year. Until it wasn't. So now that's the one big game for next year.

No question the Halo delay left a huge gaping hole in the Series X launch strategy, so I'm not surprised whoever was in charge over there got fired. I know I wouldn't be too happy with that team if I were Phil Spencer.

Microsoft should have had Gears 6 ready to release in early 2021, and should have been marketing it in the second half of 2020.

It's bizarre that Microsoft seem to be making big moves in hardware and services, but have completely forgotten how to release games. Buying studios is their only tactic, but even this won't save their awful launch line-up.

Microsoft should have had Gears 6 ready to release in early 2021, and should have been marketing it in the second half of 2020.
They’re still fixing Gears 5 lol (came out Sep 2019). I’d expect Gears 6 in late 2022 as they probably have a lot more content planned for Gears 5.

I assume you're talking about the multi-player. I've only played the single player campaign of gears 5. It didn't have any problems when I played it. If Gears 6 is being held back for Gears 5 multi-player **** thats infuriating.

I assume you're talking about the multi-player. I've only played the single player campaign of gears 5. It didn't have any problems when I played it. If Gears 6 is being held back for Gears 5 multi-player **** thats infuriating.
Content in general, but yeah horde and multiplayer maps and characters mainly. Gears isn’t being held back though. A 3 year lifecycle is pretty standard with new achievements throughout until the release of 6. The campaign had loads of issues at launch but those have been fixed. I believe there will be some new campaign DLC based around the Hivebusters too at some point. I expect a new Gears game every 3 years on average going forward.

Looks like there are some new in game render screen shots. It is looking good. With another year until release I have high expectations in order for me to be pleased. This has to be at the very least as "good as" but should hopefully be better when compared to something like Destiny 2.

Looks like there are some new in game render screen shots. It is looking good. With another year until release I have high expectations in order for me to be pleased. This has to be at the very least as "good as" but should hopefully be better when compared to something like Destiny 2.
I saw good new multiplayer screenshots. This extra year should help a lot without all the launch pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"