Halo Halo: Infinite

Yeah the one that is certain is how pure fun this game is. Makes sense now that absolutely everyone I’d heard give feedback from the flights loved it, even some guys who have never liked a Halo game!

Crazy for a surprise Monday release that casuals wouldn’t even know about. Also would that tweet have been from when it was still working hours in most of the US?

Not surprised at those numbers. It's a big IP and the beta is free to play...

Still pretty crazy within hours of launch for a surprise reveal. Especially up against the Forza 5 launch.

I’ve been watching gameplay videos of this on YouTube, and this game looks like so much fun.

One thing I have been seeing people who have been playing this game complaining about is the battlepass system. What I’ve gathered is, in order to get stuff like the armor sets and other cosmetics, you have to win certain achievements to earn the XP for that stuff. However, if you lose matches, you lose that XP, and then have to go back and re-earn it again, which is a total time suck. The problem therein is that the core base of people who play the game are longtime fans of the series, and don’t have as much of that time available to them anymore because they work full time. All of the bonus armor sets and customization, even certain colors like pink, is stuck behind a paywall goal that most people probably won’t be able to reach.

Basically, a thing that was once secondary to the Halo experience and an easy bonus for playing the game now becomes the primary objective for those who want those bonus items, and the main objective in game types like CTF and Oddball is longer as fun. It becomes kind of a chore.

What do you guys think about this? Do you agree with this, or am I being overdramatic?

Last edited:
Is there going to be a deluxe edition of the game? I think it was on Amazon that I saw the pre order listed as standard edition. I hadn't seen any other mention of different versions of the game so I figure this is Amazon trying to describe this is just a regular release or I'm missing something.

I’ve been watching gameplay videos of this on YouTube, and this game looks like so much fun.

One thing I have been seeing people who have been playing this game complaining about is the battlepass system. What I’ve gathered is, in order to get stuff like the armor sets and other cosmetics, you have to win certain achievements to earn the XP for that stuff. However, if you lose matches, you lose that XP, and then have to go back and re-earn it again, which is a total time suck. The problem therein is that the core base of people who play the game are longtime fans of the series, and don’t have as much of that time available to them anymore because they work full time. All of the bonus armor sets and customization, even certain colors like pink, is stuck behind a paywall goal that most people probably won’t be able to reach.

Basically, a thing that was once secondary to the Halo experience and an easy bonus for playing the game now becomes the primary objective for those who want those bonus items, and the main objective in game types like CTF and Oddball is longer as fun. It becomes kind of a chore.

What do you guys think about this? Do you agree with this, or am I being overdramatic?
Agreed, I hope they change that system. You should get progress for general play, wins/kills/assists/objective points or at least make it so you can't lose what you've gained. This is the one thing they need to change. Otherwise the game as is will already be very popular for a long time.

I don't know anything about losing XP for not winning games though. I've still been completing challenges even without winning.

Re: the Battlepass, the Games' lead has already tweeted about the Battlepass issues and that they're thankful for all the great feedback and they're definitely listening etc. I'm optimistic that will all be sorted - Most likely in time for full release date.

Losing XP when you lose a game seems like a broken system that'll turn away casual players, so if that's actually how that works I hope they change it.

I'd be okay with not gaining or gaining very little, but to lose? That's extreme and punishing the player for things that aren't always in their control.

Other than that, glad to hear most of you who are playing find it fun. My friends have also said then same thing and are enjoying it. Still not sure when I'll be able to give it a play, but the gameplay I've watched looks great.

Good to see they are looking into Battle Pass progression. Fix that and this game will dominate pvp for a long time unless CoD and Battlefield sort out their act.

Okay played some more tonight and can confirm you don't lose XP from losing.

Okay played some more tonight and can confirm you don't lose XP from losing.

My bad on that part. I admittedly did kind of quickly browse complaints about the battlepass progression system, and I must have conflated one thing with another.

I did for sure see a lot complaints about how you earn very little XP for each match and how long/much you play. I saw a screenshot of average amount of unlocked bonuses for players about a day after the beta launched and it was only 1%. That’s ridiculous.

And certain armor sets, when you finally get them from behind the paywall, can’t even can’t even be mixed and matched with parts from other sets, and can’t be changed color. They are literally baked into each other. Even when you get everything, you’re still limited.

They need to make the XP progression way less of a grind, and customization less restrictive. If they can solve those two things, they’ll be golden.

Yeah, I'm loving this heaps and I'm glad they're already on top of the Battlepass. Honestly don't know why you wouldn't just add a small XP value to each medal earned in a match too, and a token amount for kills, assists and objective captures. Make challenges the most XP and bang, you're perfectly in line with other games.

Yeah, I'm loving this heaps and I'm glad they're already on top of the Battlepass. Honestly don't know why you wouldn't just add a small XP value to each medal earned in a match too, and a token amount for kills, assists and objective captures. Make challenges the most XP and bang, you're perfectly in line with other games.
Makes perfect sense and don’t know why they didn’t have that as the system from the start.

Man, whatever you do, don’t frequent the Halo subreddit. Pretty much nothing but posts endlessly complaining about the battlepass system and limited customization have completely overtaken any positive fun posts about the game. Some real Qanon level conspiracy stuff going on over there.

Look, I get it, it’s not a good business practice, and a lot of the complaints have merit, but, just going by the copious amounts of agitation, you’d think the game was completely ruined by a bunch of supervillains. From videos I’ve been watching, it still looks like a ton of fun.

Honestly, it's the same with Battlefield 2042 atm. I understand complaining about a game, but how many years now have we lived in the live service age? How are peoples expectations so high for a free to play live service shooter?

I just take it at face value these days that most live service games aren't going to hit their stride until at least 6 months after launch... And given how great Halo Infinite already is, very keen to see what shape it's in by season 2.

Game is really fun. Bummed by the lack of customization but I figure that'll improve in a couple of weeks.

I'm enjoying this multiplayer as much as Reach, which is the biggest compliment possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"