Justice League Henry Cavill IS Clark Kent/Superman - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

This is hands down one of the best fan scores I've ever heard. Something like this needs to be the Man of Steel II theme, a perfect melding of Zimmer and Williams.

my-turn-okay-my-turn.gif

It's only a matter of the slate and where these stories will fall before Henry officially signs a mega deal to be DCU's Superman the next 10 years. It will be signed, sealed, and delivered. 2023 is going to be DC fans' best in a long, long time. I anticipate Gunn dropping the slate next year.

6F148DFF-AF8B-47E6-AD53-28EB16B71C37.jpeg

See with the proper lighting and color palette. This looks ideal and iconic. The primary colors of red, yellow and blue pop with absolute radiance worthy of Superman. I love that he’s got the split curl that’s just icing.

View attachment 60245

See with the proper lighting and color palette. This looks ideal and iconic. The primary colors of red, yellow and blue pop with absolute radiance worthy of Superman. I love that he’s got the split curl that’s just icing.

the suit looks great. Snyder always ha great suits in his film. its just his color palette and cinematography hides it all with heavy shadows and almost no lighting.

It's been a ride ya'll! I am happy I got to see Henry return one last time in BA. I will mourn with Henry indeed. There are a ton of absolutely awesome Superman fans in here that deserve greatness from the character. Now I can't say where I'm at as my heart is broken, but Superman will always live and I hope he returns in a big way. Much love to all:O

The one good bit of news I got today. Hallelujah, it’s finally over. Sorry to those who felt differently and had his return needlessly dangled in front of them for the last couple of months though. This whole thing was handled embarrassingly poorly.

I can’t lie, there is some relief in no longer having to do this song and dance. It’s been just so many years.

That's always a positive. Eventually it was going to happen and I'm glad I got to see Henry on the big screen one last time. The problem lies into announcing him and then taking it back. That hurts and it just lost a lot of people. My fear now is that a reboot isn't a slam dunk. If the new film fails, Superman will be done for a long long time. But let's hope it hits for the characters sake.

Jeez, you get an actor to sign a contract, then you allow said actor to announce it to the whole world and then within the span of a world cup tournament you fire said actor......this is Kathleen Kennedy level incompetence, amateur-hour level nonsense.
Another interesting thing about this report is James Gunn writing superman, wasn't he offered Superman by Toby Emmerich and he opted to go for Suicide Squad? So what's changed I wonder.

At the end of the day Superman is bigger than any actor and to be honest as much as I like Cavill I'd be ok with anyone taking on the role if the character is treated with respect and care, where his intelligence, charisma and optimism shines through i.e.no more mopey, emo, nihilistic, "outsider-looking in", dialogue challenged Superman.

Btw Chick, I just finished (finally) PKJ's Superman warworld run and it was quite solid, he certainly gets Superman's characterization right, which is a breath of fresh air after Bendis's nonsense. Also his new arc with Lex, Metallo and Manchester Black looks very promising.
Now I'll start going through Waid's world's finest series since I heard a lot of good things about it.

Btw Chick, I just finished (finally) PKJ's Superman warworld run and it was quite solid, he certainly gets Superman's characterization right, which is a breath of fresh air after Bendis's nonsense. Also his new arc with Lex, Metallo and Manchester Black looks very promising.
Now I'll start going through Waid's world's finest series since I heard a lot of good things about it.
Glad you enjoyed it, Waid's World's Finest is generally more light-hearted but a ton of fun as well. :up:

Feel really sorry for Henry this has been handled terribly by WB.

Wishing the best for the new reboot at the same time though. Hope Henry can get himself a new cool role.

And I am out. I bet Gunn wont recast his wife and his buddies even if they would reboot all of this ****.

No interest in anything these dillweeds will produce in the future.

Last edited:
Jeez, you get an actor to sign a contract, then you allow said actor to announce it to the whole world and then within the span of a world cup tournament you fire said actor......this is Kathleen Kennedy level incompetence, amateur-hour level nonsense.
Another interesting thing about this report is James Gunn writing superman, wasn't he offered Superman by Toby Emmerich and he opted to go for Suicide Squad? So what's changed I wonder.

At the end of the day Superman is bigger than any actor and to be honest as much as I like Cavill I'd be ok with anyone taking on the role if the character is treated with respect and care, where his intelligence, charisma and optimism shines through i.e.no more mopey, emo, nihilistic, "outsider-looking in", dialogue challenged Superman.

well the news is that he never signed a contract. but it seems he was given permission by the studio to announce it.

Yeah there was never a contract confirmed that I saw...people just assumed as such cause he quit Witcher and made his announcement.

It boggles my mind that after all the violent and sexual criminal antics that Ezra Miller has got up to in the last couple of years, he is still (to all intents and purposes) employed as the Flash. Meanwhile, Henry Cavill, whose professionalism is impeccable and who rarely even speaks out of turn - acting as a terrific ambassado for the Superman role - is let go after WB spent years to-ing and fro-ing. It was only a few weeks back that they convinced him he had a future in the DCEU.

They really don't have a clue what direction to go in at all. Cavill's potential has been squandered whilst the years ticked by with no sign of any standalone Superman sequel, and it's been a long time since I've seen such a general consensus on social media that this is a really crappy decision.

So what the hell is going to happen with the rest of the slate of DC films? Aquaman, Flash?

Edit: This whole debacle just reads like another low-talent, overinflated, megalomaniacal, Joss-Whedony move. We’re never going to have a DCU, are we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"