Illumination's Super Mario movie

Do the general movie going audience dislike Illumination though? I think they’ve done pretty well.

Do the general movie going audience dislike Illumination though? I think they’ve done pretty well.
I think they know it as the Minions people which means money, but parents I talk to say they're (Minions and Despicable Me) just funny distraction for their kids. I liked the first Despicable Me until the Minions took over.

I think they know it as the Minions people which means money, but parents I talk to say they're (Minions and Despicable Me) just funny distraction for their kids. I liked the first Despicable Me until the Minions took over.

Fair enough

I think we’re underestimating nintendos brand here. Most people will just be like “oh super Mario cool!” And that’s that. Instant sale

I don't get why people are expecting this to be bad. The directors have never worked with Illumination before and directed Teen Titans Go to the Movies. Even people that hate the show acknowledge that the movie is good.

Also, I'm sure the creative team understands the gravity of this project. Miyamoto is heavily involved and this is Illumination's ticket to secure more Nintendo movies and become the Marvel Studios of animation.

I don't get why people are expecting this to be bad. The directors have never worked with Illumination before and directed Teen Titans Go to the Movies. Even people that hate the show acknowledge that the movie is good.

Also, I'm sure the creative team understands the gravity of this project. Miyamoto is heavily involved and this is Illumination's ticket to secure more Nintendo movies and become the Marvel Studios of animation.

Because Teen Titans Go is Bad?

I haven't especially liked many of their movies for quite a while. I thinksome of them are OK but often mediocre.

If they want to make sure this movie makes bank, don't let us hear Pratt's Mario voice. Save it for the theaters; make people pay to see what he does with it.

it’s just fun to ridicule it so that expectations are low following the last super Mario movie

If Sonic the Hedgehog can be successful after that first trailer where he had human teeth, then anything is possible.

Maybe human teeth is what detective pikachu needed to get a sequel? Guess we’ll never know
What the hell happened to that Live-action Pokémon movie we were promised?

They announced a while ago they’re not doing a sequel. Guess it didn’t do the numbers they wanted

Yeah but now it's like people think his animation work is awful when a number of years ago everyone was embracing Emmett in The LEGO Movie.

Nothing I've seen indicates that he is a versatile voice actor. Yeah, he was fine as Emmet. I do not want Emmet as Mario. I don't exactly like him in his other roles either. My views of him as a person isn't exactly factoring into this.

Miyamoto is not a benefit. Miyamoto is a game maker, not a story teller. He actively hinders the heavily story based Mario RPG games. I am heavily skeptical of any story that Miyamoto is involved in.

They announced a while ago they’re not doing a sequel. Guess it didn’t do the numbers they wanted
It was a live-action adaptation of Red and Blue I think. Not related to Detective Pikachu.

Nothing I've seen indicates that he is a versatile voice actor. Yeah, he was fine as Emmet. I do not want Emmet as Mario. I don't exactly like him in his other roles either. My views of him as a person isn't exactly factoring into this.

I guess you didn't watch Onward.

I guess you didn't watch Onward.
That's the one Pixar movie along with The Good Dinosaur I didn't like as much, but still thought it was good. I just think the pandemic really hurt it.

That's the one Pixar movie along with The Good Dinosaur I didn't like as much, but still thought it was good. I just think the pandemic really hurt it.

I thought it was a very good vocal performance for Pratt and it was a much different character than Emmett from LEGO Movie.

6veiev.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"