Illumination's Super Mario movie

Well, it looks visually stunning, so there's a positive I can give it for now. Damn.

It’s called Super Mario Bros and you don’t put Luigi on there?
Luigi getting the short end of the stick is nothing new. :o

I just had a thought, speaking of Luigi, and mostly because I think Charlie Day is great at screaming.

Can we get a Luigi's Mansion movie?

giphy.gif

Seeing so much detail in Mario's clothing feels weird, but it's a very nice poster.

Seeing so much detail in Mario's clothing feels weird, but it's a very nice poster.

Lol yeah, that's what it would look like if Nintendo hadn't given up on next gen graphics

Great poster but I really hope this is good as the character truly deserves a great movie.

That poster is beyond what I imagined. Can't wait to see what Peach looks like.

They took away Mario's bubble butt.
Comes into thread to see if an image has been shared, is treated to this comment, goes back to Twitter to retrieve original image, gets treated to this tweet immediately :funny:

World works in mysterious ways. Anyway, realistic Mario is weird to me and now I'm a little afraid of seeing all the other characters :hehe:

Comes into thread to see if an image has been shared, is treated to this comment, goes back to Twitter to retrieve original image, gets treated to this tweet immediately :funny:

World works in mysterious ways. Anyway, realistic Mario is weird to me and now I'm a little afraid of seeing all the other characters :hehe:

giphy.gif

plan-planned.gif

No booty. Political correctness gone mad!

No I’m just kidding, looks very cute. Huge upgrade on the last Mario movie!

Oh god help me if this is real. The uncanney valley is strong with that picture.

Is it just me, or did they go out of their way to design this version to subtly look a little bit more like Chris Pratt?

I say this because, more often than not, I notice that whenever a celebrity voices a character in an animated film, the design of said character is adjusted a bit to look more like the celebrity voicing them, like the eyes, the nose, shape of the chin, sometimes even the body type, etc. I would guess it’s for recognizability, sometimes to lessen the disconnect between character and voice.

At least, that’s just my guess.

The Toads bug me. Yeah, they are Toads. Very accurate. But it is a reminder of Miyamoto's hand on the production. Can't make them too unique.
The first two Paper Mario games should've set a new standard for Toad design across the franchise instead of having their uniqueness stripped away in later games.

Yeah, I don’t see any issue. In fact I’m surprised they didn’t try and stray further lol

I think Illumination Mario has more of a pronounced jawline which was what threw me off at first, same as the angle.

He basically looks more polished. Looks fine to me. They didn’t try to make him “realistic” so that’s a win.

I'm very curious to hear these voices. Without hearing him, I'm already sold on Charlie Day as Luigi because I just believe he'd be able to pull it off no problem.

Like Jack Black as Bowser, I really wonder how he'll do that. But then, you can only go up after Bowser's voice in Mario Sunshine. But if this Bowser was the more less-serious type from the Paper Mario games, then it could probably work.

Mario's shirt has a collar and is a button up now. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"