Illumination's Super Mario movie

Looks like an Illumination movie, fine I guess. Pratt did nothing different with his voice so I'm not about to act like he sounds any better or worse than I predicted.

Looks like an Illumination movie, fine I guess. Pratt did nothing different with his voice so I'm not about to act like he sounds any better or worse than I predicted.
Exactly and from what I've seen only a few of those disappointed financially. It's a safe move but I get it. Besides is Super Mario. I love the series but it's not anything that deep. A "fine" basic kids movie should be alright for the franchise

Jack Black’s Bowser is going to be my favorite, I can just tell off the bat. Visuals for this looks great, but Pratt is just phoning it in.

Mario deserves better.

The animation looks great. Pratt's Mario voice sounded too much like himself when he said "What is this place?" but you can hear more of an accent when he says "Mushroom Kingdom, here we come" which sounded a lot better. Jack Black as Bowser sounds even better than I expected.

I think this is gonna be a huge hit. Dare I say it might kickstart a Nintendo Cinematic Universe.

If we get a Super Smash Bros movie, you can’t tell me nothing. I’ll be there opening day.

The animation looks a bit above from what I've seen from Illumination. Miyomoto seems to have allowed some freedom in the designs.

Barely get any lines from the main cast, so I remain skeptical.

Okay, you know what? I was hesitant, but I dig Jack Black as Bowser so far, with what little we got. Plus, Bowser looks great here. Visually, reminded me of his look in Galaxy 1.

super-mario-galaxy-mario.gif

Pratt sounds exactly like what I thought he would and I'm fine with it. He's got a Rocket Racoon thing going on. Overall this looks fun enough to me. I'll definitely check it out.

Yeah, Jack Black's Bowser is going to definitely steal the show. The animation looks absolutely stunning and I'm already loving the tone/humor which fits perfectly and although hopefully they don't overdo it.

Its just too bad Chris Pratt's voice doesn't live up to the standards of everything else, but I know I'll at least be able to deal with it so its not something that's going to completely ruin it for me.

Considering Illumination is involved this looks way better than I expected.

Animation looks great, which is a big relief coming from Illumination. Black and Key both sound great. Pratt is just... Pratt. Which is lame but overall seems promising.

Jack Black actually sounds different as Bowser, Pratt doesn't sound any different as Mario.

Animation looks stunning and very faithful to the games.

There does seem to be complaints about the story being isekai but actually there's never been a game or story explaining how Mario and Luigi ended up in the Mushroom Kingdom so I'm up for the film to be a bridge between the original Donkey Kong games, Mario Bros and Wrecking Crew and Super Mario Bros.

I would imagine the Warp Pipes will be a way of creating a shared universe.

I think DK and Luigi spin-offs are a given, maybe even Wario. DK in particular because it's basically in its own little world.

If we get a Super Smash Bros movie, you can’t tell me nothing. I’ll be there opening day.
Universal should be salivating over this prospect if they can get the rights. Illumination could do the cutesier stuff like Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Donkey Kong while they'd handle the rest like Zelda, Starfox and Metroid. The only snag is that I think the Pokemon film rights are with WB.

Finally managed to watch the trailer.

Credit where credit's due, this is the first Illumination movie I've seen that imo has incredibly stunning animation. That first sequence with Bowser was breathtakingly gorgeous, and unsurprisingly, Jack Black is going to own this role so hard. Did not expect to see the SM64 penguins here, so that was a pleasant surprise. This does look like it could be a good movie, so I'm rooting for Illumination to not screw up here.

The one downside so far to me is still Chris Pratt. Granted, it's just two lines of dialogue so far with a slight Brooklyn accent, but his voice acting there seemed very phoned-in to me which is not a good sign. I need to hear more of his dialogue to make a proper assessment though.

All in all, I'm very impressed and now cautiously optimistic for this. :up:

Also, I'm sure everyone else has thought this, but Luigi's Mansion movie when?

You can't tell me this wasn't intentional! Even if it ended up just being Charlie Day screaming his head off for 90 minutes.

FeacAjaVsAAXS_5
He's byotiful. :hrt:

Been a while since I’ve played a Mario game so I’m not sure if the penguins at the beginning are from a game or not but that scene had me laughing. Jack Black’s Bowser sounds great. Pratt sounds like he usually does but I’m glad he didn’t try to put on a Jared Leto House of Gucci voice. Animation looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"