Illumination's Super Mario movie

looks really good to me.
seems like the perfect movie to take my child to watch.
he'll probably love it. he's recently discovered mario bros.

Also, I'm sure everyone else has thought this, but Luigi's Mansion movie when?

You can't tell me this wasn't intentional! Even if it ended up just being Charlie Day screaming his head off for 90 minutes.

FeacAjaVsAAXS_5
If we don’t get a Mansion Easter egg I’ll be surprised

Sounds like Chris Pratt is trying to do a Brooklyn accent. But we barely even heard his voice.

I know we haven't even heard his voice yet but Charlie Day should've been Luigi AND Mario.

I think this is gonna be a huge hit. Dare I say it might kickstart a Nintendo Cinematic Universe.

As a lifelong Nintendo fan I would love an NCU. Mario + Legend of Zelda + Metroid + whatever else they want to throw in and I'd be in Nintendo heaven.

This actually looks good, WTF?

I keep seeing people act surprised, but Mario was always a perfectly viable game to mine a movie franchise out of. Like, the live action movie wasn't bad because it was a Mario movie, it was just a bad movie Mario movie.

This looks like tons of fun.

And yeah, I need a Starfox movie now.
Yes and Samus too while we're at it.

Honestly a Nintendo Cinematic Universe would be a nice one.
A Starfox movie in the vein of Rogue One.
Just the thought of this being successful enough to kickstart a Nintendo Cinematic Universe has me salivating. I mean, the amount of avenues and possibilities open for them to explore is basically endless. They could literally keep making these films until the end of time.

As far as Star Fox goes, they could just do a combination of the first game on the SNES and the 64 game, and have it be about Fox McCloud joining the Academy to follow in his father‘s footsteps to prove to himself that he has what it takes. You could have Star Wolf take him under his wing, only later for Fox to find out that he betrayed and killed his father in service to Andross, and then it becomes a revenge story by the end (Think Empire Strikes Back meets Top Gun meets Training Day). The climax could basically just end in full on space dog fights between the protagonist and the antagonist. Star Wolf barely escapes with his life and some injuries, and that’s how he gets his scar. Post credit scene could just be a tease of Andross, ala Thanos.

Throw in some nods to things from the games, like barrel rolls and bombs and G–Diffusers, and you’ve got yourself a recipe for a fun sci-fi, fantasy romp.
Universal should be salivating over this prospect if they can get the rights. Illumination could do the cutesier stuff like Mario, Luigi's Mansion, and Donkey Kong while they'd handle the rest like Zelda, Starfox and Metroid. The only snag is that I think the Pokemon film rights are with WB.

They could always work out some sort of joint deal to use them in the big crossover films, kind of like Marvel Studios does with Sony for Spider-Man.

Mario and Luigi right here:

tumblr_mr4chjjCoD1saqjslo1_500.gif

Fun fact: DeVito was actually the first choice to play Mario in the 1993 movie but he turned it down.
Wario is still out there right? :o

The film looks cute and fun.

Wow I’m sold. Could it be possible we’ll have two video game series and movie vying for best video game adaptation between The Last of Us and Super Mario Bros. next year? I’m having a good feeling after both trailers from each one. I don’t think it could be hard to beat Sonic even though I only saw that first film it was good but not great. I definitely think it currently has the throne though so we’ll see I guess.

Trailer looks really really neat...you still dont expect that when any video game movie is announced.
This looks like a lot of fun....also, yes Luigis Mansion when? I need this even more.

As for Pratt...yeah i still dont get why it was vital to cast him...sure we need to see more, but this was the first reveal of his voice that was a huge topic since announcement...and its just chris pratt talking like he does normally.
Thats dissapointing especially since they hinted he would sound so unique and all...nope, just chris pratt.

At least the rest so far put the work into it, Jack Black sounds great as Bowser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"