Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start the next series with Gary throwing a Thunder stone at Pikachu just to be mean.

Last edited:
Just watched an episode of BW. Is it me or does Ash seem dumber? Like season one dumb? I thought he outgrew throwing balls at Pokemon without fighting them first.

The series refuses to advance, the anime, anyway. Every 1st episode is the same now. He leaves his team behind, he encounters a Legendary, Pikachu has some problem (disobidient, gets lost, gets stolen, can't use its electricity), some new girl comes along.

The series has lacked originality since after the Orange series.

Yea I was extrememly disappointed how stupid Ash was... I mean really its like he is more stupid then before he became a trainer

The only logical explination is that they are trying to Half AssReboot the series with a new Generation.

Yea I was extrememly disappointed how stupid Ash was... I mean really its like he is more stupid then before he became a trainer

The only logical explination is that they are trying to Half AssReboot the series with a new Generation.

They always do a half-assed reboot with each new generation.

They always do a half-assed reboot with each new generation.
Not this bad... I mean ash couldn't even beat a Brand new trainer with his very First Starter pokemon regardless of Pikachu being without electricity he should have easily taken that trainer with ease.

Celebi will be available at participating Gamestops this coming week!

I will hopefully be able to get it without going inside, Gamestops are uncomfortable enough without me using my DS inside the place.

The series refuses to advance, the anime, anyway. Every 1st episode is the same now. He leaves his team behind, he encounters a Legendary, Pikachu has some problem (disobidient, gets lost, gets stolen, can't use its electricity), some new girl comes along.

The series has lacked originality since after the Orange series.

It did hit a lag after Orange, but at least Jessie, James and Meowth aren't goofballs anymore. They're srs business.

I've read some really fracking funny Baaaaaaaaaaaaw threads on /vp/ about pokebros that fainted during Nuzlocke Runs.

It did hit a lag after Orange, but at least Jessie, James and Meowth aren't goofballs anymore. They're srs business.

I've read some really fracking funny Baaaaaaaaaaaaw threads on /vp/ about pokebros that fainted during Nuzlocke Runs.

I recently lost my Charizard in my Nuzlocke Run. That **** hurts.

With less than 2 weeks ago, I felt like making my new avy.

Here's the full image I put together. Though credit for the art belongs to whoever made it, found it on Halolz.com

pokemonmgsolid.jpg

I just realized I probably killed Gary's Raticate. :csad: Never payed that any mind as a kid.

I just realized I probably killed Gary's Raticate. :csad: Never payed that any mind as a kid.

I've read that theory. I always assumed he just boxed it because it was weak in comparison to his other pokemon. Seems like a *****ey thing he'd do. Other interesting Poketheories:

Cubones are baby Kangashkan who's mothers have died.

Gengar is Clefable's evil shadow.

Wobbuffet's "tail" is the actual Pokemon, the blue body is a decoy.

Ditto is a failed clone of Mew

I've read that theory. I always assumed he just boxed it because it was weak in comparison to his other pokemon. Seems like a *****ey thing he'd do. Other interesting Poketheories:
It's a theory already? Damn. Thought I was feeling bad uniquely.

Cubones are baby Kangashkan who's mothers have died.

The in-game descriptions are sometimes pretty rough for a kid's game:

"It always wears the skull of its dead mother, so no one has any idea what its hidden face looks like."

"Cubone pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull the Pokémon wears are made by the tears it sheds. "

The in-game descriptions are sometimes pretty rough for a kid's game:

"It always wears the skull of its dead mother, so no one has any idea what its hidden face looks like."

"Cubone pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull the Pokémon wears are made by the tears it sheds. "

Weren't they? I remember Haunter's being particularly creepy.

Pokemon Red/Blue
Because of its ability to slip through block walls, it is said to be from another dimension.

Pokemon Yellow
By licking, it saps the victim's life. It causes shaking that won't stop until the victim's demise.

Pokemon Gold
In total darkness, where nothing is visible, HAUNTER lurks, silently stalking its next victim.

Pokemon Silver
Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes.

Pokemon Crystal
It hides in the dark, planning to take the life of the next living thing that wanders close by.

Pokemon Ruby
HAUNTER is a dangerous Pokemon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokemon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

Pokemon Sapphire
HAUNTER is a dangerous Pokemon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokemon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

Pokemon Emerald
If a HAUNTER beckons you while it is floating in darkness, don't approach it. This Pokemon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

Pokemon Fire Red
If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, HAUNTER is there.

Pokemon Leaf Green
Because of its ability to slip through block walls, it is said to be from another dimension.

Pokemon Diamond
It can slip through any obstacle. It lurks inside walls to keep an eye on its foes.

Pokemon Pearl
It licks with its gaseous tongue to steal the victim's life force. It lurks in darkness for prey.

about to pre-order 2 copies next week 1 for me and 1 for my gf's brother for his birthday, can't wait for it.

Drowzee's a creepy Pokemon too. Something about it stands over you staring at you while you sleep and eats your dreams. Waking up to see that ugly sob staring down at you like a pervert while eating your dreams would be one hellova way to wake up lol. The Gary-Raticate thing would make sense, whether that's the case or not. He fights you with it on that boat, then next time you see it it's gone, maybe he couldn't make it to a Pokemon center in time. Plus he's visiting that graveyard town later.

I am getting pretty eager for PM Black. I've tried to avoid most of the talk about it since it's release so I could go into the game without a mind clouded by knowing a pokemon's weak before I pick it. Tho I do occassionally get tempted to look up more info on the starters as even after deciding on the grass starter, I'm starting to question it. I usually replace grass starters later on, yet I dislike water starters (especially the first form of this one), and not wanting another fire/fighting time entirely.

I like fire types, but the fire/fighting thing is getting old. I'll probably go water this time

I like fire types, but the fire/fighting thing is getting old. I'll probably go water this time

When I first saw the starters, I knew I wanted the pig. The otter was my least favorite. Then, after seeing their evolutions and seeing that the pig was yet another fire/fighting, I think I'm going with the otter.

Amazon.com is offering a $10 credit with either Pokemon Black or White. You'll get both promotional offers if you buy one of each.

However, I believe Toys R Us will be having a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off on DS games that week. So if you want both, that might be the better way to go.

Just got back from the mall, downloaded two Celebis and got some cupcakes.

I ordered White from Gamestop a week ago, hopefully my surplus of Celebi and Mew will help me get the exclusive legendarys that I'll be missing out on from Black.

Amazon.com is offering a $10 credit with either Pokemon Black or White. You'll get both promotional offers if you buy one of each.

However, I believe Toys R Us will be having a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off on DS games that week. So if you want both, that might be the better way to go.

Just did my pre-order off of Amazon. Not sure what the hell I'll do with the credit though....

So, I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been with B&W coming out soon. I assumed that the events going forward would be for them. Just now (which I know you guys have known about for ages, I'm just slow lol) that there were event exclusive shiny Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and that they unlocked Zoaroak when transfered to B&W. Do you think that's going to be the ONLY way to get to him? This time I wanted to get the game within a week of launch so I could stay up to date on the events rather than be so far behind I miss all but one or two. However now it seems like I'm already 1 behind and the game hasn't even launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"