James Cameron's Sequel to "AVATAR" - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really a shame about Horner. He brought so much to Avatar and Aliens for me. My favorite piece, at 2:30.

[YT]mAR29lLp7Ik[/YT]

His Braveheart scores are my amazing. My favourites.

[YT]watch?v=fk8323r577w[/YT]

D23: Disney Reveals More Star Wars Land Details, Plus Toy Story Land and Avatar

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...tails-plus-toy-story-land-and-avatar#/slide/1

xdKj1GV.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/Avatar/videos/10153257848379064/

Is that Jon Landau in the video? lol

At the Disney Parks panel the crowd sang Happy Birthday to Cameron, who was there.

So are they gonna be a statue of Cameron at the park, who is fully aroused because he's think of his greatest creation..AVATAR?

I still can't imagine for the life of me what three more of these movies will be about.

Cameron also cant imagine what it will be. maybe thats why they always move the date back. haha

6 years. the first movie was out 6 years ago. in that time he could realese Battle Angel Alita.

They should've done things like that during the heights of the 1st film. At least to keep it relevant in-between the sequels. I have no interest but some people may dig it though.

^That would've made sense

CQ5e_1gUYAAVCU0.jpg

True, Summer 2010 would have been a perfect time for these comics, then Cameron should have tried to create an animated show and a proper video game in order to keep kids and teen insterested. Oh well, i guess Cameron has been taking these years to think about all the stories he wants to tell on screen in order to know what these other stories should be about.

Still curious to see how this comic will turn out, any release date yet?

This is easily five years too late. It'll be interesting to see how sales go.

This is easily five years too late. It'll be interesting to see how sales go.

It's odd. With the amount of $$$ the movie made, I wouldn't think the timing would matter much, but... the movie made almost no lasting impact. I almost wonder if most people at a comic shop would by it and stare blankly for a second, before remembering "Oh right, that movie!"

It's odd. With the amount of $$$ the movie made, I wouldn't think the timing would matter much, but... the movie made almost no lasting impact. I almost wonder if most people at a comic shop would by it and stare blankly for a second, before remembering "Oh right, that movie!"

Honestly there's an interesting storyline to be mined from how humanity is dealing with the fact the events of Avatar doomed them, but I don't think they care about us at all.

It speaks volumes to how little of an impact that movie made on me that I can't even recall what you're referring to there.

Yeah I hope they do focus on earth a little bit more.

cnVoTfx.jpg

The nerd community doesn't care at all, the general public did leave with a generaly positive opinion of the film though, but these comics are targeted at a community that doesn't realy care. I guess it will depend on the quality of the stories, if they're just run-of-the-mill and don't offer anything interesting, i doubt these comics will last.

It's kinda funny to see James Cameron talking in Na'Vi in those videos, as if the language had caught up and become a cultural phenomenon. Feels like a grandpa trying to be hip and cool.

It's kinda funny to see James Cameron talking in Na'Vi in those videos, as if the language had caught up and become a cultural phenomenon. Feels like a grandpa trying to be hip and cool.

To be fair, if he was speaking in Klingon or Dothraki, I wouldn't think he was any less of a loser. :o

It's like I said a while back in this thread, it's like people have forgotten about it. It's not some sort of pop culture juggernaut like Star Wars or Batman. Its legacy is that it is the reason why nearly every single big budget film that has been released since then has been either shot in 3D or post-converted. Honestly, I liked the movie but I don't even think I've watched it in at least three years or more.

I only watch the action scenes. Which are as masterful as anything Cameron's done. Seriously, how is he so good at it?

It's like I said a while back in this thread, it's like people have forgotten about it. It's not some sort of pop culture juggernaut like Star Wars or Batman. Its legacy is that it is the reason why nearly every single big budget film that has been released since then has been either shot in 3D or post-converted.

Some legacy :hehe:

And I like the movie a lot BTW, but yeah...I don't need sequels. Will be really interesting to see if Cameron can capture the world's attention again with the sequels.

I only watch the action scenes. Which are as masterful as anything Cameron's done. Seriously, how is he so good at it?

Well he has a violent temper, so there's a reason. The dude was constantly screaming on set.

You might have a poin there. Look at Mel Gibson. He is also good at directing action and is very violent.

For being the highest-grossing movie of all time, Avatar really hasn't had any lasting pop culture relevance.

And I think Cameron missed the important adage strike while the iron is hot.

I have doubts that anyone is gonna care when the sequels finally roll around.

Then again, people flocked to it in droves before, when it was an original property with no prior establishment, so they might do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"