• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Jurassic World - - Part 11

Oh yeah, When I-Rex was communicating with the Raptors and Owen was like "Oh Crap they have a new Alpha" I was on the edge of my seat like "oh crap" as well!
I was just thinking start shooting. They only fire the rocket launcher until it's too late. :funny:

I was just thinking start shooting. They only fire the rocket launcher until it's too late. :funny:

There are a bunch of stupid decisions like that in the movie. None bigger than Owen and the workers going into the Indominus paddock before anyone thinks to call the control room to track the thing to make sure it's still in there.

^ I personally found Claire's plan of "stand on something high and scream in the middle of a flying dinosaur attack" to be on those lines.

The raptors switching sides and all that is the best I've seen them used since the first movie.

Agreed, I loved them having their own actual arc, and loved Blue being heroically involved in the final fight. Felt so sad for her at the end as when she had to go off alone. I hope Blue is in the sequel.

There are a bunch of stupid decisions like that in the movie. None bigger than Owen and the workers going into the Indominus paddock before anyone thinks to call the control room to track the thing to make sure it's still in there.

Aren't there stupid things like that in every movie though?

Annefan I thought the reason the soldiers didn't start firing was because they were waiting for the raptors to attack the I-Rex not realising they were being turned until Owen mentioned it. Hoskins mentions before they do it the Raptors tracking and killing the I-Rex.

Last edited:
This might be a bit short sighted but besides the T-rex the park can recover right?

-The I-rex is dead
-The pterodactyls are knocked out
-Only one raptor is loose. The other three are dead.
-The T-rex is loose but I'm sure they can tranquilize it.

So all in all not bad. Two of the main attraction pens were damaged.

I would like to see the next movie have Owen and Claire globe trot to stop the dinosaurs that have been weaponized.

I doubt the park can really recover from what the I-Rex. Who would go, the whole thing is predicated on the fact that the people are safe from harm. Hell, it's the reason why the raptors weren't an "attraction" because they were too dangerous. You could sweep the events of the original Jurassic Park under the rug a bit, since it was a just a test run, JP2 would be a bit tougher since a dino got to the mainland, but also it was only out and about for a few hours tops, so there's a possibility of containing that, JP3 easily covered up. Jurassic World though was a large scale failure and very much a public one too, there's no sweeping it under the rug.

Yeah in the JP universe that was a worldwide known debacle as people from all across the planet visited the place like a Disney world.

so has anyone noticed this movie has been getting a lot of hate lately? Might just be the sites I visit, but it's something I've seen lately.

i thought that the general opinion on JW is that its a bad lazy movie?

if there is hate its because of the box office. it made way to much money.

I think the general opinion is that while definitely flawed, it was a good damn romp of a movie that had its heart in the right place. Honestly, I think a bit of the current wave is not only backlash against its huge success, but the fact that Trevorrow got SW IX out of it.

I think the general opinion is that while definitely flawed, it was a good damn romp of a movie that had its heart in the right place. Honestly, I think a bit of the current wave is not only backlash against its huge success, but the fact that Trevorrow got SW IX out of it.

Money is definitely a factor as it made more than some other certain movies everyone wanted and expected to be BO champion of the summer.

I wouldn't certainly not say the consensus is that it's a bad movie either. For me and many others it was a very good movie with a lot of heart that deserved its success. You don't make 1.6 billion WW without people going back for repeat viewings. If people hated it that wouldnt have happened.

I just saw this movie the other night. It's got lots of action and I like Chris Pratt a lot, but so many of the scenes were just repeats from the first movie, only not done as well. And the special effects were somehow less convincing than the ones done on the first movie over twenty years ago.

I think nerds want fanboy faves like Mad Max to be the end all be all in both acclaim and cash raked in, like JW beating it invalidate it or something in their minds

I think nerds want fanboy faves like Mad Max to be the end all be all in both acclaim and cash raked in, like JW beating it invalidate it or something in their minds

I loved MM, best movie of the year so far for me, but loved JW as well so not bothered which made more.

I think the MCU die hards didn't like JW beating AOU at the BO either. Though again I don't see what difference it makes if you prefer one over the other.

It blows my mind that he was given the final Star Wars chapter. I enjoyed Jurassic World, but I found it to be a really poorly directed film. I really hope he either miraculously becomes a better director, or he gets replaced.

The money this thing made, he can write his own ticket in Hollywood right now. They ain't replacing him.

I loved MM, best movie of the year so far for me, but loved JW as well so not bothered which made more.

I think the MCU die hards didn't like JW beating AOU at the BO either. Though again I don't see what difference it makes if you prefer one over the other.
I've always maintained that a big chunk of the hatred is because Jurassic World outgrossed Age of Ultron. Other people dislike it for real reasons of course but I'm not going to ignore some of the Marvel fanboys.

Mad Max was never going to be the biggest film of the summer so it would be silly for Mad Max hardcores to care about what Jurassic World did but MCU hardcores had their hearts set on Age of Ultron winning that crown.

Put me in the category of not being crazy about Jurassic World for "real reasons". I couldn't give a **** if it out-grossed Age of Ultron or not, as I wasn't crazy about that movie either.

I'm not a fan of the film either. It was an entertaining but stupid film, I get and agree with a lot of the criticisms. I don't feel the way I do because it outgrossed another shallow CGI fest though.

I don't think it was even entertaining. I was trying to wrap my mind around it as soon as the credits hit, with this very thought: IF I was a 10 year old, would I like it?

And I think the answer would be no because of the first film. I remember when I saw The Lost World and not liking it, and I was a kid, so I guess I always held strong opinions about certain things.

I don't think that outgrossing AOU or whatever is the reason the movie gets hate. I think it has more to do with how it seems like this movie made all the money in the world yet was...Simply good. Not great. Not terribly special. Some would even call it a bad movie. I guess people can't grasp that and it becomes a problem for them I suppose, like JW is "undeserving". I liked the movie fine, so I don't care much, but I was shocked by how much money it made.

I don't think it's a bad movie. I think it's due to the fact that it's a big movie with a wide audience, with dinosaurs, and a sequel to one of the most beloved Speilberg movies of his later career.

There's a part of me who thinks that audience subconsciously are worn out by superheroes, and this was something "new" (even though it's clearly not)

I've always maintained that a big chunk of the hatred is because Jurassic World outgrossed Age of Ultron. Other people dislike it for real reasons of course but I'm not going to ignore some of the Marvel fanboys.

Mad Max was never going to be the biggest film of the summer so it would be silly for Mad Max hardcores to care about what Jurassic World did but MCU hardcores had their hearts set on Age of Ultron winning that crown.

The hatred that Furious 7 and this film got in the AOU box office thread was hilarious. As well as the tide quickly turning against the former geek god Whedon.

Next year is going to be fascinating. What will happen if BvS or Captain America do not achieve fanboy expectations?

Considering even marvel fanboys are split on AOU I don't think an overwhelming amount are hating JW because it beat it hell they both still made over a billion. Now I can see some resentment at it replacing The Avengers in the "all time" box office definitely but I don't think an overwhelming amount comes from it beating AOU. And then there's the factor of JW being merely a "good" movie and not anything mind blowing, at least IMO...

Were people really upset about JW topping Age of Ultron? I haven't seen people turn on AoU as fast as people did since The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Obviously AoU is nowhere near that level, but the initial reviews had some people saying "its better than the first" or "its on par with the first", but after a week or so, pretty much everybody agreed that AoU was underwhelming but OK on the whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"