Jurassic World - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Deadline's article about its current tracking is accurate, it certainly won't do either unless the reviews and word of mouth are terrible.

I think it looks like a fun return to the franchise with enough balance of newness and faithfulness to please fans and those looking for something different.

I hope.

I just feel like this is Spielberg's baby, like Indiana Jones, and if he's not directing it, it's just someone trying to be Steven Spielberg. I had the same problem with JP3.

I have that problem with J.J. Abrams too, specifically Super 8. The whole time I'm thinking, "Wow, good job making a Spielberg movie. Too bad Spielberg didn't make it himself".

I don't think modern Spielberg has it in him to make anything like Super 8 or his older movies from the 80's.

The problem I have with these clips I've been watching, and truthfully a lot of Hollywood films have this problem, is that the characters are all talking AT the audience instead of talking TO each other. I mean, I cringe at this. We aren't stupid. I like to see what character motives are between each other when they're engaged in conversation, NOT talking in point form to the audience so every 12-60 year old can easily follow along like we're watching a coloring book tutorial.

I don't really see it that way but maybe that's just me.

The problem I have with these clips I've been watching, and truthfully a lot of Hollywood films have this problem, is that the characters are all talking AT the audience instead of talking TO each other. I mean, I cringe at this. We aren't stupid. I like to see what character motives are between each other when they're engaged in conversation, NOT talking in point form to the audience so every 12-60 year old can easily follow along like we're watching a coloring book tutorial.

It's how hollywood works in these days. Days of original & genuine film making is almost over because studios rule creative side more than directors/writers etc. Movies are product and they force what might bring more money in return.

If you come up something a little complicated than average 13 year kid understand for a blockbuster movie, they'll ask you to cut it out because how it affects target audience. (Unless you are proven like Nolan,Spielberg,Cameron etc.)

Guys like Lucas, Spielberg had it easier because there was less pressure from studios on their vision. Upcoming directors have more difficulty despite luxury of CGI. Most of them are not able to direct how they want because they want to make a career.

If original JP was a movie made in today, it wouldn't have 60% of Ian Malcom dialogs. It wouldn't take an hour to see some dinosaur action.

Godzilla had some old school vibe and people criticize movie because we don't get enough Godzilla. (What drag down movie was lead actor's dull performance & his character's journey wasn't interesting. I wish it was more cranston & watanabe oriented story)

New TV Spot #17
[YT]0Cj7yGAnn-4[/YT]
New TV Spot #18
[YT]bkoLWMRFWUg[/YT]

I like Bryce Howard Dallas... though I havent seen her in a really good blockbuster film.... Spider Man 3, Terminator 4 and Twilight 3 were not really good. I hope this one is a good movie for a change.

I hope.

I just feel like this is Spielberg's baby, like Indiana Jones, and if he's not directing it, it's just someone trying to be Steven Spielberg. I had the same problem with JP3.

I have that problem with J.J. Abrams too, specifically Super 8. The whole time I'm thinking, "Wow, good job making a Spielberg movie. Too bad Spielberg didn't make it himself".

Same with Crystal Skull! Even Spielberg can't make a Spielberg movie any more. :woot:

A lot of that was Lucas intervention. Spielberg didn't want the refrigerator, the alien spacecraft... heck, he didn't even want to shoot digital, he wanted to shoot on film like the old movies.

No, Spielberg DID shoot in film. He always has. It's just that Janusz Kaminski' (his regular DoP since the late 90's) has a very cold style, which is unsuitable for something like Indiana Jones.

And for whatever reason, God knows why, the sets looked really fake along with the CGI, so I can see why you thought it was all digital.

The CGI is looking much better. Let's just hope the story is good!

Story already seems much better than JP3. At that point they were grasping at straws for ways to go back to one of the islands. This time it makes sense seeing as the park is functioning and working. This is more so a legit sequel to JP than the others.

Story already seems much better than JP3. At that point they were grasping at straws for ways to go back to one of the islands. This time it makes sense seeing as the park is functioning and working. This is more so a legit sequel to JP than the others.

So this is a return to the original ISLAND finally??

So this is a return to the original ISLAND finally??

Yeah they're on Nublar, have rebuilt the Paarl in a new section of the island. It's been functioning and attracting crowds apparently for 10 years in the film. But the remnants of the old park are still on the island. All overgrown still with loose animals roaming around it. It's called the restricted zone on the island.

I don't like some CGI work..Especially that raptor behind bars on spot 17. It better be different in actual movie.

"People want everything bigger"

Yes... yes they do.

I think the CG looks wonderful, love it

It's good on a technical level, but everything "looks" CGI.

That brief shot of the kid hugging the baby dinosaur. The baby dino is obviously CGI, whereas JP and Lost World both had animatronic baby dinosaurs. It makes a difference.

I dunno doesn't scream or "look" CGI to me just looks really good and well done from my point of view. Loving it :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"