Jurassic World - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really feel like the story of JW seems any more interesting or original than Jurassic Park III's was. I mean, so far the general gist of the plot is that there's a fully functioning Jurassic World park, they've created a ridiculously dangerous new dinosaur that starts ****ing **** up, and they need to stop/kill it before lots of people die.

I thought Jurassic Park III came up with a relatively feasible reason for the film returning to the island. It was also a clever way to get Grant back into the scheme of things, with him being tricked to return to the island. Still not a great movie, though.

It's good on a technical level, but everything "looks" CGI.

That brief shot of the kid hugging the baby dinosaur. The baby dino is obviously CGI, whereas JP and Lost World both had animatronic baby dinosaurs. It makes a difference.

Yeah, and everything seems bright and weightless.

I don't really feel like the story of JW seems any more interesting or original than Jurassic Park III's was. I mean, so far the general gist of the plot is that there's a fully functioning Jurassic World park, they've created a ridiculously dangerous new dinosaur that starts ****ing **** up, and they need to stop/kill it before lots of people die.

I thought Jurassic Park III came up with a relatively feasible reason for the film returning to the island. It was also a clever way to get Grant back into the scheme of things, with him being tricked to return to the island. Still not a great movie, though.
I agree. This is the problem when you get into fourth movie territory for franchises.

I'm so ready for this movie alreadyyyyyy. Dying to see it. Gonna buy my ticket soon.

photoshoot_copy.jpg

If anything hopefully the story can justify all these CGI dinosaurs and it won't matter as much in the end. Why do they look like that I wonder? Didn't someone say here the DP shot on film but opted for the digital look? if so, why the hell do you do that?

There's a mix of CG and animatronics in the film. And there's a lot of CG obviously I don't see the problem it all looks awesome to me and is working. I dunno I'm not getting into any arguments over it whatever some wanna think that's fine haha.

The problem I have with these clips I've been watching, and truthfully a lot of Hollywood films have this problem, is that the characters are all talking AT the audience instead of talking TO each other. I mean, I cringe at this. We aren't stupid. I like to see what character motives are between each other when they're engaged in conversation, NOT talking in point form to the audience so every 12-60 year old can easily follow along like we're watching a coloring book tutorial.

Yes because the dialogue in Age of Ultron was ****ing brilliant, amirite?

Oh wait ...

Better to just ignore the haters man. Don't let anyone ruin your excitement, I'm not letting anyone ruin mine :woot:

I agree. This is the problem when you get into fourth movie territory for franchises.
I think inverting the original JP film is much better than JP3's plot of 'our boy is lost, so we'll trick someone into finding him.' The stakes were too small for me. But with all that said, at the core, this series is about the dinosaurs. And people want to see them run loose.

I think the film can deliver on that front, especially if we see the T-Rex save the day. Having a backstory and themes help, but first and foremost, movies such as this are made to be enjoyed.

I'm looking forward to it.

Jakes on Napoleon. I didn't like that one either lol.

JP3 still feels like the odd one out. TLW, and this one, are still themed around a park whereas JP3 is more straight survival action. I would've liked more animatronic dinosaurs, though. Quality > quantity.

This is fan art, but it makes me so excited just knowing that the remnants of the old park still exist and are overgrown like this. And that we will see some of it in the film. Makes me giddy.

dong-hao-jurassic-park-2.jpg

Also this is fan made art, but again makes me very giddy and excited

CBsRAS2UMAAhSD5.jpg:large

Really gotta buy my tickets. For those of you here who are going to see it, when are you planning on going

The Thursday night before prolly.

Wish I could do a midnight release but I work until midnight during the week. Probably won't see it until the Saturday showing.

But all spoilers are welcome by me! So for those of you that see it ahead of time come back here and spoil me (in tags of course)

Opening day as well, especially if they're doing those showings on Thursday that start around 8-9pm. Can't do the midnight showings anymore though I'd do it for this one.

I'm really liking those TV spots with no character lines, just music and some dino action. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Jakes on Napoleon. I didn't like that one either lol.

JP3 still feels like the odd one out. TLW, and this one, are still themed around a park whereas JP3 is more straight survival action. I would've liked more animatronic dinosaurs, though. Quality > quantity.

You didn't like the new planet of the apes films?

Yeah I don't get the complaints about CG. Nobody was complaining about wanting more animatronic apes for Dawn. Maybe it's just me but I think the CG for this film looks ****ing awesome. I really do, I know some are complaining about it. Not me though hah

Yeah I don't get the complaints about CG. Nobody was complaining about wanting more animatronic apes for Dawn. Maybe it's just me but I think the CG for this film looks ****ing awesome. I really do, I know some are complaining about it. Not me though hah

Come on, that argument has more holes in it than swiss cheese and you know it. First off, the previous Planet of the Apes films didn't have unsurpassed animatronic work by Stan Winston. The previous Terminator films did and look at the reaction Genisys's effects are getting. Of course, people are going to question the effects when a previous method looked better.

Second, Dawn and Rise were really smart about using the environment, weather and lighting to hide the CGI's inherent weaknesses and effectively blend it into the live action footage, just like the original Jurassic Park did in its best CGI shots. What footage we have seen of Jurassic World so far seems to do the opposite. The image is bright and super clear which gives a digital look, which only draws attention to artificiality of the CGI shots. It also doesn't do the wounded Apatosaurus animatronic any favours either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"