Jurassic World - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Park is Open.
[YT]RFinNxS5KN4[/YT]

tumblr_inline_nfijtbqtoW1sr3edi.gif

I was underwhelmed and I wish I wasn't.

So the screenwriter said the raptors aren't "domesticated" and encouraged people to wait for context. Maybe Pratt's character raised them? Perhaps they don't immediately kill him because there is some familiarity there.

Also, do we have any GIFs of the D-Rex shots yet?

Based on this trailer, I get the feeling of a movie trying to make a compromise between a proper sequel and a sort of remake. And imo, it seems quite risky. Let me explain.

I know we haven't see the movie yet, and even if it's nice to finally see a functional park, it's quite still the same context again. It's ok for the ones who aren't familiar with the franchise, but for an aficionado like me, the new things like tamed raptors or aquatic creatures seems very anecdotic ... I'm sure there will be more, but if the motor of the film is to show that we never learn from our error, we have already see that in "The Lost World" where people tried to make a new park.
I'm not trying to bash a movie based on a trailer, I'm just talking about the promise and what I remember from the director's interview.

If Jurassik Park is a reflection of our world, it could have been interesting to see a metaphore about how today we're dealing with problems related to our impact on the nature... Maybe that was a clue to restart the franchise.
It would have been great to show what the world would become in 20 years of cohabitation with an island full of dinosaurs. Having some migration, presence of specimens on other continent because of poachers, etc, and finally seeing the reemergence of old plants and old diseases.
If you add to climatic problems of our time the destruction of the ecosystem by the dinosaurs, you make a world that becomes increasingly hostile to man, where maybe the dinosaurs seem to fit...

I don't know but if Jurassik Park was about dinosaurs finding their way among humans, a real Jurassik World, to me, has to be about humans trying to find their way among dinosaurs. But I'm not making the movie and I still hope that it will be a good one, even if to me, it seems like an easy sequel for now.

Thats a great idea.
Fans have better input than the people who make these sequels.
Thats a movie fitting to the Title.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate folks see it that way. Trevorrow shot JW on 35mm and 65mm, with animatronics and models when necessary.

Some people make a very good point about the final CGI rendering looking better in the final film than the trailers. Case in point: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. Over several noticeable CGI shots in the trailer have been noticeably reworked and color timed differently in the final product.

They hid the cgi monster in all that dark shadow afterwards
💩

Thats a great idea.
Fans have better input than the people who make these sequels.
Thats a movie fitting to the Title.

Thanks!
Who knows, maybe we'll see something like that on the next one!
I think big jumps in the timeline between each film would be a good idea to cover all the possible evolution, like between the last two "planet of the apes".

I have to say, the trailer isn't bad, and it seems to invoke the spirit of the first Jurassic Park movie and not its disappointing sequels. However, the most interesting aspect of the trailer to me is Chris Pratt himself. He seems to have that certain "it" factor now, a movie star's presence on the big screen, which is something that neither Taylor Kitsch nor Sam Worthington have imo. I think if this movie becomes a huge hit (which it probably will), Pratt will be catapulted to a 'A' list actor.

I like how the phone screen (the person filming) perfectly corresponds with what is happening during the shark feeding scene. A small touch, and to be expected, but it adds to the authenticity.

Pratt's going to have 3 franchises under his belt - Lego, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Jurassic Park.

There's other footage which shows Jurassic World staff opening fire on the D-Rex from a gunship. Surely they'll be able to take this thing down eventually. It's tough, sure, but nothing can sustain life if the bullets hit one after another.

Pratt's going to have 3 franchises under his belt - Lego, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Jurassic Park.

Maybe 4, if that movie he just signed up recently (Cowboy Ninja Viking) becomes a hit.

I want the raptor bros to be good guys. They looked pretty trained to me. It would suck seeing them betray Pratts character.

If they are "pretty trained" then why do they have to be kept in those cages?

I think a theme should be nature can be controlled, but only to a point. Then it bites back.

Man what a great first trailer! I am so ready! My body is ready! So glad that we are getting another Jurassic movie and that it doesn't look like crap lol. I wonder if in the next trailer if we will get a look at the T-REX?

Well as someone else mentioned, Raptors are essentially birds of prey, so I guess it's possible to actually form a bond with them as one would during falconry training. Though clearly there's more intelligence going on behind the eyes of a velociraptor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"