Jurassic World - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll PM them to you.
Without going into specifics,
Do you think the films positives outweighed its negatives ?

Would you rank it as one of the better film experiences you have had this year?
Will you see it again with friends or recommend it to them?

Last edited:
So Incognito how do you rank the films. I pretty much assume the original JP is already at the top of everyone's list as it should be. So out of the sequels how do you rank them?

One of the things that I hate most in cinema is a "message film" that utterly fails to deliver it's message and just becomes annoyingly preachy. TLW is one such movie. The message is hamfisted to the nth degree and at no point was I on Hammond and co's side.

The major problem is that you have a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites as your protagonists, who's idiocy/recklessness is CONSTANTLY getting people killed. Hell they're responsible for MOST of the deaths in that movie, and yet the film insists on painting them as being in the right. The one likeable member of the group (Eddie) gets killed off halfway through (which is also their fault btw). They seemed to have sucked all of the charm/charisma out of Ian Malcolm and Sarah Harding is a complete idiot. And the there's Nick, the character who deserved to be dino chow most of all. And yet, not only does he NOT die, the movie has the GALL to paint him as a hero for removing Pappa Postlethwaite's bullets as "heroic." Hello Steven, there's a freaking T-REX EATING PEOPLE, which is ALSO the "heroes" fault, so those bullets might have saved lives. He's not a hero, he's an imbecile who get's people killed, rant over.

And oh those eeevvvilll hunters who want to stick dinosaurs in a zoo. Yes, those monsters who saved the "heroes" backsides (after the heroes caused their camp to be trashed), shared what little supplies they had left (ALSO the "heroes" fault btw), let them come along, AND told them where the radio station was. Yes, these are truly vile people who deserved to die horribly, oh please.

Then you have flat-out stupid crap like Malcolm's daughter killing a raptor. Seriously, THREE movies with trained hunters/mercenaries wielding guns and they cannot manage to kill a dinosaur, but a teenage girl doing gymnastics can, ugh.

By contrast, JPIII was nothing more (or less) than a fun dumb B-movie with a bigger budget. Not great, but ultimately harmless, and the hypocrisy factor is drastically toned down.

My big problem With TLW was they took out a lot of the fear factor .
I mean, when a teenage girl can take on a raptor , what is there to be afraid of ?

I'd love a cut of the film that eliminated that scene of her killing the Raptor haha. That and the talking raptor in Grant's dream in JP3 are probably my two most hated scenes in this film series.

so incognito how do you rank the films. I pretty much assume the original jp is already at the top of everyone's list as it should be. So out of the sequels how do you rank them?

jp >>> jw >>>>jpiii>>tlw

I'll PM them to you. I don't know how it would be received because of the Wednesday embargo. What would you like to know?

Well I've read some spoilers but maybe more details. On stuff like

Rex vs I-Rex, the I-Rex becoming the alpha apparently of the raptor squad getting them to turn. Was it also communicating with the pteranodon a or just roaring at them?

I'll PM them to you.

I wanna know about the final fight too if you don't mind :p

Also to everyone else, found screen caps of the T. rex from a screening and I'll post if it's allowed. But my god, I'll be surprised evenif broseph isn't wincing, I mean, she looks horrible, like scifi/ video game awful, surely she must look better than that capture Incognito, right? :/

I wanna know about the final fight too if you don't mind :p

Also to everyone else, found screen caps of the T. rex from a screening and I'll post if it's allowed. But my god, I'll be surprised evenif broseph isn't wincing, I mean, she looks horrible, like scifi/ video game awful, surely she must look better than that capture Incognito, right? :/

I asked incognito how she looked in the film and he said she looked awesome so I dunno haha.

I'll send it to both you guys. Broseph I eagerly await your response lol

I'm sure you are, because if I don't think it looks bad I'm sure that'll just be hysterical to you right? Ha

I'll send it to both you guys. Broseph I eagerly await your response lol

Can you PM me the screen caps?

Also I personally had no problem with the T-rex. Aside from one obvious CGI moment, she looked great imo.

damnnnn that cgi looks so bad. the cgi is probably going to take me so out of this movie.

Kind of hard to really tell though with the lighting and the blur of the pic. Will have to see on the big screen.

Last edited:
The pics are kind of blurry, though. I feel like on the big screen the little details like her scales made her look more real. I don't think those pics do her justice.

Thank god.
So could you say that generally doesn't look like it?
Also, could you comment on the apparent ridiculous foot proportions? It's feet are massive and wide compared to the thigh and skinny shin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"