Jurassic World - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect CGI has never bothered me as much as it has others. I'm not saying it's wrong to be bothered by it because it isn't but iffy CGI has never ruined a film for me. If iffy effects bothered me that much I'd never be able to enjoy older films.

This is the first time the visitors feel completely safe upon entering the island. In Jurassic Park, the group were there to observe and give comment. The place was being set up and was relatively safe, but it was untried and encountered glitches. Jurassic World is a place you enter on a luxurious ship, drenched in the sun. There aren't any lone helicopters or planes entering the island this time.

Isla Nublar is now a holiday retreat, with people everywhere. And it does look beautiful. Dinosuars have been normalised. They are nothing to be afraid of. Canoe up the river with dinosuars on the banks. Gyrosphere right next to them on open fields and film it on your phone.

I think the D-Rex will take the role of Nedry. The one who causes a lot of the trouble. But as we know, the blame is not solely on the creature, but the people who created him.

I think this is an excellent concept overall, and has points of difference, however it all depends on what happens when the place goes to hell.

Looks fun, which is exactly what I expected. Tell me you wouldn't love to go to that island... in spite of it's history. But yeah, it does look a little too 'digital and crisp'. The only CG that looks shakey to me was the Mosasaur scene. Still not sure about tamed raptors.

But I'm quite happy overall.

This hybrid idea isn't beyond working, although it will have be done really well 1st time out or it will be dead for good. If it does work would give good sequel material.

honestly, i thought the trailer was rather "meh"

i know the film is still months away but the CGI looked pretty bad and most everything about the park itself looked fake. and aside from a few differences, it almost seems as if this will be a loose remake of the first Jurassic Park movie

And you can shoot on any medium you want. If you don't do it correctly, it is gonna look bad. Skyfall was digital, and it looked far more film like and beautiful then anything I saw in this trailer.

So much truth here. This really should have been shot on digital to save money cause I see none of the benefits or beauty of 35mm on display here. It looks artificial (sorry for repeating myself) and wiped crystal clear and clean. It looks digital, and if thats the look they want then they shpuld just use digital cameras. Im really thinking that the whole "We're shooting on 35mm!" thing is the new way of baiting film nerds. If it is then 35mm may become nothing but a gimmick to be ****ed out by studios. That'd just make me sad. 35mm can be gorgeous or ugly and its becoming more and more rare so to release an ugly or digital looking 35mm film is just a waste of limited film stock.

Last edited:
Looks somewhat like a Carnotaurus. I like it, though the lego we saw was an albino.
This dinosaur can blend into its surroundings, I believe. That may explain the colour difference?

This dinosaur can blend into its surroundings, I believe. That may explain the colour difference?

Yep that's where the DNA from the cuttlefish comes in. It's able to camoflauge itself.

mxWd9QN.gif
So awesome. :funny:

Suspect CGI has never bothered me as much as it has others. I'm not saying it's wrong to be bothered by it because it isn't but iffy CGI has never ruined a film for me. If iffy effects bothered me that much I'd never be able to enjoy older films.
I think there are degrees. After all, I am a big fan of classic cinema. But at this point there just isn't really an excuse. Does it ruin a great film for me? Not even close, but it does bug me to no end.

So much truth here. This really should have been shot on digital to save money cause I see none of the benefits or beauty of 35mm on display here. It looks artificial (sorry for repeating myself) and wiped crystal clear and clean. It looks digital, and if thats the look they want then they shpuld just use digital cameras. Im really thinking that the whole "We're shooting on 35mm!" thing is the new way of baiting film nerds. If it is then 35mm may become nothing but a gimmick to be ****ed out by studios. That'd just make me sad. 35mm can be gorgeous or ugly and its becoming more and more rare so to release an ugly or digital looking 35mm film is just a waste of limited film stock.
Couldn't agree more. I had no idea that this was shot on 35mm, or if I did I forgot, and the trailer made it look digital. And if that is what you are doing with the limited amount of film stock left, you are wasting gold dust.

I understand why people are hyped about this film. But all the fanboy buzz words coming from the director and studio won't matter if they don't deliver on them. This is only a bit of footage and we don't have a real idea how this is gonna turn out. But honestly, I can't say this footage filled me with hope. Dread? No, but no hope either.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]It looked pretty okay, except for Chris Pratt on his motorcycle with his pet raptors lol.
[/FONT]

Yep that's where the DNA from the cuttlefish comes in. It's able to camoflauge itself.

You can see where the lower jaw splits apart too. Its gonna be scary as **** when that thing unhinges its jaw and splits its lower jaw for the first time. Least it better be. Thats too perfect of a moment to screw up.

You can see where the lower jaw splits apart too. Its gonna be scary as **** when that thing unhinges its jaw and splits its lower jaw for the first time. Least it better be. Thats too perfect of a moment to screw up.
That POV shot from the trailer is pretty neat. I was getting a Blade 2 vibe.

Their not his pets haha. They're animals that he has trained, ya know just how like other animals are trained in captivity in real life. I still don't see why this bothers some of you honestly.

I'm not sure how I feel about that, either.
I don't feel like they blended the CGI and practical very well, so it looks a bit odd. But I do like it. The execution is a bit iffy and not as cool as imagined the idea in my head, but I definitely like it.

Their not his pets haha. They're animals that he has trained, ya know just how like other animals are trained in captivity in real life. I still don't see why this bothers some of you honestly.
Because everyone, rightfully, doesn't trust those nightmares of our youth. Raptors are evil.

I don't feel like they blended the CGI and practical very well, so it looks a bit odd. But I do like it. The execution is a bit iffy and not as cool as imagined the idea in my head, but I definitely like it.
I guess it does introduce new concepts into the series, which is a positive thing.

As long as we are reminded how volatile and tenuous the relationship between Pratt and this raptor pack is I won't have a problem with it. In the previous films the raptor's have been established as possibly being as smart or smarter than dolphins and we train dolphins all the time, but unlike dolphins Raptor's are sorta lizards and that makes them a whole different beast so at some point in the film I want Pratt to struggle to control them. They should be handled like hunting dogs from hell that would love to chew Pratt's face off if he showed a moment of weakness or stupidity.

Last edited:
As long as we are reminded how volatile and tenuous the relationship between Pratt and this adaptors is I won't have a problem with it. In thw previous films the raptor's have been established as possibly being as smart or smarter than dolphins and we train dolphins all the time, but unlike dolphins Raptor's are sorta lizards that makes them a whole different beast so at some point in the film I want Pratt to struggle to control them.
I agree, and there is a sequence which shows Pratt dealing with hostile raptors in a pen. Having them like remote controlled, obedient pawns would be too much for me.

I can understand the concerns and the dinos at this early stage look no better than the 1st film, weaker actually. But still the trailer makes me interested in seeing the film, maybe because I still struggle to generate high expectations for JP sequels.

As long as we are reminded how volatile and tenuous the relationship between Pratt and this raptor pack is I won't have a problem with it. In the previous films the raptor's have been established as possibly being as smart or smarter than dolphins and we train dolphins all the time, but unlike dolphins Raptor's are sorta lizards and that makes them a whole different beast so at some point in the film I want Pratt to struggle to control them. They should be handled like hunting dogs from hell that would love to chew Pratt's face off if he showed a moment of weakness or stupidity.
I like the way you are thinking her Marvolo. They need to be volatile. You have to believe they can turn on him at any moment.

One thing for sure, I'm not too looking forward to this hybrid Rex...give me T-Rex please.

Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"