Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been in a lot of stuff, more than I can list which is a good thing.

Rick Carter on being the Design Consultant for JW:

All this week, ComingSoon.net is attending the Camerimage Festival of the Art of Cinematography in Bydgoszcz, Poland and, along with many of the event's other esteemed guests, had the opportunity to speak with production designer Rick Carter, whose credits range from Back to the Future, Part II and III, to Jurassic Park to Avatar to Lincoln. Recently, Carter served as consultant on Colin Trevorrow's Jurassic World and is currently hard at work on J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII. Check back soon for the full interview, but here's what Carter had to say of these two highly anticipated 2015 release.

ON Jurassic World:

As for Jurassic World, Carter's work is already complete.

"I came into that one as a visual consultant," he says. "I just worked for four months to get it going. To try and visualize where this could go next and make sure it had some the same -- literally the same -- DNA of the previous movies. Ed Verreaux is the production designer on that one. He did the third 'Jurassic Park.' We've worked together going all the way back to 'Back to the Future.' It's a real hand-off between the two of us. He's the production designer and the director's a new director named Colin Trevorrow. He's a big, big talent."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111625

Hmmm same production designer from JP3, I'm not sure if I should be worried or not, though the look of that film is the least of it's flaws I suppose.

Uh the production design for JP3 was fantastic. Spino was awesome.

....he did the first two as well.
Ah I didn't realize until I remember seeing him on the extras for the JP blu-ray, my own mistake sometimes getting older I tend to forget tiny details. Well if that's the case that's another spec of news that excites me a little, even if he was only a consultant.

OK I've liked all Jurassic Park films but haven't been keeping updated on this one. Is this a 4th film or a reboot?

OK I've liked all Jurassic Park films but haven't been keeping updated on this one. Is this a 4th film or a reboot?

sounds like both.

Seems like a completely new cast, new park, etc... but it's built on the old island (and up and running) and still has the old films continuity.

Uh the production design for JP3 was fantastic. Spino was awesome.

I'm gonna stop you right there Spidey. Your entitled to your opinion, and for the most part I don't have an issue with the look of JP3. Except, that is, for the Spino in the first half of the film. I think it looks incredibly fake during the plane attack, and doesn't have the fluid movements a lot of the other animatronic dinosaurs had. Not to mention whoever was in charge of of CGI in several places should have taken a look at the previous films because it doesn't hold up nearly as well as the original does (with exception to the Pteranodon scenes which looked really good.)

the T-rex and the spino both looked fake compared to the dinos in 1 and 2 imo

Well I think it was more about the directing than just the animatronic dinosaur too. Spielberg had a perfect sense of composition, timing, and preparation with the first T-Rex sequence.

Well I think it was more about the directing than just the animatronic dinosaur too. Spielberg had a perfect sense of composition, timing, and preparation with the first T-Rex sequence.
That and the T-rex always looked best when Spielberg shot it at night as well.

The sets for JP3 were what looked really good. The exception to the Spinosaurus was the river attack. That was a good sequence.

That sequence is the best part of that whole film, and one of the better out of the entire franchise imo. The Spino animatronic did look quite impressive though

Last edited:
sounds like both.

Seems like a completely new cast, new park, etc... but it's built on the old island (and up and running) and still has the old films continuity.

Thanks.

I'm glad that it's not a total reboot and the old continuity is still in order.

With JP3, I just think the cinematography made it look more 'fake'. Also the way it was cut wasn't as skillful as Steven, despite Joe Johnston being a talent in his own right.

Dean Cundey just has a way of making things look really good, the man's a genius and his absence shows in both TLW and JP3.

I hope they get John Williams to return again, after being absent from JP3. His first JP score is a masterpiece, and his TLW score suited that film. I particularly liked his Lost World Theme.

What is that, fur?

If we are bringing back elements from JP3, I demand to have another talking raptor! :p

Feathery down, I assume.

Fossil evidence shows baby T-Rexes and some Velociraptors had down like baby birds.

I'd say some kind of proto-feathering by the looks of it, and how they think some dinosaurs looked.

This guy was around before the T-Rex was a head honcho, when they were still in their smaller sized version, though once this big guy died off it paved the way for good 'ol T-rex pretty interesting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"