Jurassic World: Dominion

You can’t keep a good T-Rex down.

Although it’s been two years since the last time dinosaurs roamed the Earth in 2022’s Jurassic World Dominion, Universal Pictures has hardly kept it biggest franchise trapped in amber.

The studio is deep into the development of an all-new Jurassic World movie and has David Koepp back at the keyboard. Koepp was the writer of the original 1993 Jurassic Park, famously directed by Steven Spielberg, and its sequel, 1997’s Jurassic Park: The Lost World.

The project, which has been flying under the radar, is far enough along, and the script in a well-liked shape, that the studio is whispering of a possible 2025 release date.

There is no director on board, but Frank Marshall, the veteran and celebrated producer who oversaw the Jurassic World trilogy, is back producing, as is another Jurassic vet, Patrick Crowley. Spielberg will executive produce via his Amblin Entertainment banner.

It is unclear what form the relaunch is taking. It is known to be launching a “new Jurassic era,” per sources, with an all-new storyline. That would seem to rule out the return of the characters played by Jurassic World stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. And it seems characters featured in the original Jurassic Park movies, played by Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum, would not be involved.

The fact that it’s being called a new “Jurassic World” instead of “Jurassic Park” may also be telling. That would suggest that the franchise is likely not taking a back-to-basics approach but could go to parts unknown (Jurassic Space? Just putting it out there).

Well, I mean the plot we all thought Dominion would be; dinosaurs living among humans in our towns and big cities is hopefully the direction.

I'd like them to go back to smaller scale, to be honest. More horror-suspense and less action.
Maybe they can keep the idea of dinosaurs around the world but center the film in a small town or something like that.

I'd like them to go back to smaller scale, to be honest. More horror-suspense and less action.
Maybe they can keep the idea of dinosaurs around the world but center the film in a small town or something like that.

They tested the waters somewhat when they did that short film. I thought they were going to make a couple of these shorts, but I guess not.

I fully expected this, just not quite so soon. Hopefully they get a good creative team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"