Jurassic World: Dominion

I finally rented and watched this. This movie…hmm…this movie felt like Lightyear to me. Technically and competently well executed…but i didnt care about anything happening. The story wasnt one bit compelling and there never felt like a sense of urgency and stakes. There were some fun sequences and moments but overall i just didnt care about anything that happened by the time the credits rolled. And yet i cant point out anything egregiously bad about the movie either.

Some ******* at Universal thought Bryce Dallas Howard was too fat for the movie.

Bryce Dallas Howard Asked to Lose Weight for Jurassic World Dominion - Variety
to that exec:

ill-find-you-i-will-kill-you.gif

In all seriousness, even looking from the perspective of some ****ed up suit that only values women if they're one stiff breeze away from being blown into the ocean - What is the business sense here? You know it will be a press disaster if it gets out + How out of touch do you have to be to think we're culturally still stuck in the late-90's "Anorexia As Fashion Trend" era of beauty standards? It's just bad business.

Last edited:
But I'll bet all the guys were just fine. :rolleyes: Such bs.

Well. No. It’s obviously not the extreme women have to deal with, but male lead actor in a movie like this have to deal with it too. Hell, Chris Pratt would’ve never had a Guardians career or this film series.

Last edited:

Can't wait for Jurassic World 4: The Return Of The Revenge Of The Resurrection Of Dennis Nedry, where Maisie can now mutate into a human-raptor hybrid and Chris Pratt strives to become the ultimate Gary Stu. Also there's some dinosaurs doing some unimportant s*** in the background idk. :o

Can't wait for Jurassic World 4: The Return Of The Revenge Of The Resurrection Of Dennis Nedry, where Maisie can now mutate into a human-raptor hybrid and Chris Pratt strives to become the ultimate Gary Stu. Also there's some dinosaurs doing some unimportant s*** in the background idk. :o

upload_2022-9-23_15-52-46.gif

Here we go. Nepotism baby is too spoiled and thinks she’s better than every man and woman who was asked to lose 10-20 pounds to get in shape for an action movie. Tough. You get paid obscene amounts of money to play a character on camera for the studio. It is your job. If they want you to cut some weight what is the problem? Men and women have to do it all the time because they need to fit the character that is being handed to these actors. These spoiled actors need to quit whining, acting like it’s some gender issue when that quote didn’t even come off mean spirited. It was a simple , we need to ask this actor to lose weight for this role. Do your job and stop whining to the press over every stupid thing just to get ppl to go “awwww poor you!”.

I picked up Jurassic World Evolution 2 on sale. By far the best thing to come from this new series. It's cool to build the OG park, and there's even a San Diego map with the ampitheatre which is cute. Fun for the most part but damn the challenge mode is an utter chore. There's Dominion dlc but... yeah nah I'm good.

Here we go. Nepotism baby is too spoiled and thinks she’s better than every man and woman who was asked to lose 10-20 pounds to get in shape for an action movie. Tough. You get paid obscene amounts of money to play a character on camera for the studio. It is your job. If they want you to cut some weight what is the problem? Men and women have to do it all the time because they need to fit the character that is being handed to these actors. These spoiled actors need to quit whining, acting like it’s some gender issue when that quote didn’t even come off mean spirited. It was a simple , we need to ask this actor to lose weight for this role. Do your job and stop whining to the press over every stupid thing just to get ppl to go “awwww poor you!”.
Who peed in your cereal?

Who peed in your cereal?
Bryce. I wish I had her first world problems. Give them all to me. They should have told Jesse Plemons to drop 30 pounds for El Camino too. Some of these actors are lazy and don’t want to put the work in.

If the only thing you gotta do is memorize your lines for this insanely expensive blockbuster and lose a little bit of weight (since you have multiple takes where you have to run and do the most action you’ve ever done in the franchise + they want you to look close to what you looked like in past iterations) she should be so lucky. If it was Charlize she wouldn’t blink. She’d probably suggest she lose weight.

I noticed she put on some weight when I saw it months back. Works for me. But I’m not the studio. If they want her to lose some weight, lose the weight. It is an action movie after all.

She was in better shape in past JW movies and had more to do here, so no. And the quality of the movie is subjective and not at all the topic.

Bryce. I wish I had her first world problems. Give them all to me. They should have told Jesse Plemons to drop 30 pounds for El Camino too. Some of these actors are lazy and don’t want to put the work in.

If the only thing you gotta do is memorize your lines for this insanely expensive blockbuster and lose a little bit of weight (since you have multiple takes where you have to run and do the most action you’ve ever done in the franchise + they want you to look close to what you looked like in past iterations) she should be so lucky. If it was Charlize she wouldn’t blink. She’d probably suggest she lose weight.
Sexism and misogyny aren't first world problems. Just check out the current situation in Iran or vast swaths of Africa.

Let's forget your lack of body positivity for a moment, which is indeed really gross. Or the fact that each body is unique with how it reacts to changes to it, from simple aging to child birth. What yo "gotta a do" is relative, and just because some execs find perfectly healthy women "unattractive" in no ways constitutes that it's right or proper.

Last edited:
It is not sexist to ask the actor you’re paying to lose weight. It’s not gross, it’s your job to look a certain way. That is literally why you’re hired, to look and act a certain way on screen according to what they want out of you. All genders are asked to do this. I missed the part where the exec stated that it was unattractive. If that’s true then fine I see your point, otherwise you’re turning this into something else.

It is not sexist to ask the actor you’re paying to lose weight. It’s not gross, it’s your job to look a certain way. That is literally why you’re hired, to look and act a certain way on screen according to what they want out of you. All genders are asked to do this. I missed the part where the exec stated that it was unattractive. If that’s true then fine I see your point, otherwise you’re turning this into something else.
It is totally gross and obvious sexism. Unrealistic body expectations for women is a staple of the issue. And white loss is always linked to attractiveness in these situations. It's part of the sexism:

7 times women in Hollywood pushed back against the pressure to lose weight

Shonda Rhimes, the creator of long-running shows like Grey's Anatomy and Scandal, wrote a newsletter about her weight loss, and how she hates that it's automatically linked to attractiveness.

"Women I barely knew gushed. And I mean GUSHED. Like I was holding-a-new-baby-gushed. Only there was no new baby. It was just me. In a dress. With makeup on and my hair all did, yes. But … still the same me.

But even more disconcerting was that all these people suddenly felt completely comfortable talking to me about my body. Telling me I looked 'pretty' or that they were 'proud of me' or that 'wow, you are so hot now' or 'you look amazing!' After I lost weight, I discovered that people found me valuable. Worthy of conversation. A person one could look at. A person one could compliment. A person one could admire."

Party talk where some morons think looking skinny means you’re more beautiful or prettier isn’t the same as “he or she needs to lose weight” when discussing business. I also don’t know who she is or what she looks like. There IS such a thing as constructive criticism when someone loses weight and gets themselves in better shape. That’s not negative to compliment somebody for looking healthier. Obesity is unhealthy. That is a fact. Doesn’t mean you’re not pretty or a beautiful person but when Adele lost weight, she looked healthier. She’s probably going to live longer now. Her heart is better off for the work she put in. It takes a LOT of work to lose weight and be fit. Paying compliments to somebody shedding weight is suddenly an insult these days. Quite the world we live in. So you can’t tell her that you’re proud of her for losing weight? What? Lmfao. Yes just because you’re skin and bones that doesn’t mean you’re healthier or prettier (that goes without saying. That pretty comment at the party is ridiculous Hollywood nonsense)...but now we’ve gone overboard where she’s taking offence to someone saying she looks great and is proud of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"