Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Season 3 should give Colter more to work with. Show some range for his acting.

Great season. I quite enjoyed the storylines, even the deliberately cringy relationship between Mariah and Shades. Just excellent all round, and sets up season 3 nicely. My ranking:
Daredevil s1
Luke Cage s2
Jessica Jones s1
Daredevil s2
Luke Cage s1
The Defenders
Jessica Jones s2
Punisher s1
Iron Fist s1

Thanks, guys. I knew it was something. Just forgot that it was a Raft reference.

I was speaking to some colleagues about the ending of this Season.
I think it actually expands the story telling ability of the writers for Season 3 and beyond.
Do you think DD's next season will touch on any of it?

I doubt DD season 3 will deal with it at all. IF season 2 may make a reference since Danny was in this show, but I think DD season 3 will be very separate.

Nah. I think they will stay out of Harlem. Iron Fist S2 will be Chinatown. DD S3 will be Hell's Kitchen.

I think DD season 3 will mention in some fashion. If Kingpin returns to the crime world he would have to deal with how things turned out in Harlem just like the other crime bosses. Small mention but nothing big from it.

I think DD season 3 will mention in some fashion. If Kingpin returns to the crime world he would have to deal with how things turned out in Harlem just like the other crime bosses. Small mention but nothing big from it.

I disagree, I think there will be a slightly larger than "small" mention, because Fisk's lawyer is Big Ben.

My guess for Season 3 is that Nightshade + the Burnstein process = Warhawk. Nightshade + the Burnstein process + Pym particles = Atlas. Tilda kidnapping Burnstein would bring in some really cool villains.

I also really want to meet Shades' son.

Last edited:
I would like to see detective Tyrone King in the next season. No need for retconning him as Master Khan, though. He can just be a regular human.

Or... if they did decide to go with the angle that he's "gifted", hmm, could be intriguing.

I want to see Season 3 become a Power Man and Iron Fist series.

Season Three ended with Luke Cage as the King of Harlem. It seems weird to think they could just immediately jump to a Power Man and Iron Fist show when there's so much fallout from that to deal with.

Maybe the arc can be Danny making sure he doesn't corrupt. But I won't turn down cage season 3 being heroes for hire.

Maybe the arc can be Danny making sure he doesn't corrupt. But I won't turn down cage season 3 being heroes for hire.

That's what I think it's going to be. Danny's search for Orson takes him back to New York where he now needs to save Luke Cage from himself.

Not really, but that's not for me to figure out. Lol

I would be okay with Danny becoming a supporting character in Luke Cage season 3 like Frank was for Matt in DD season 2 :up:

As Luke grows darker, maybe Misty reaches out to Colleen, and in the end, Danny shows up! I'd like it.

I'd be down for that. Danny was at his most likable in his guest appearance in S2, imo.

one thing that puzzled me is the way that a lot of local residents look to Luke as a instant-problem-solver, "you better fix this $#&!".. like they think he has 15 other powers besides strength and durability.. or maybe it's just typical Marvel civilian nuttiness from the comics...

DW's moral high ground on Luke's "peace deal" with the Mob bosses didn't make a lot of sense to me, as much as (up until now) he seemed mostly concerned with dollar-dollar-bill'y'all sensibilities (and how old is he supposed to be?).. but whatevs.. I guess Pop's barber shop gets to stay, lol..
... at least Bushmaster gets to live to fight another day..

And just when the folks behind it were so confident that they would get a third season, especially given where things ended. But does the deal for these shows end soon?

I mean, would the plan be to merely port them over to Disney's streaming service? Even though their content is probably more mature compared to what Disney might have to offer.

I gotta imagine with the cancellation of IF, the writers are back to the drawing board on how to draw in Iron Fist for either an episode or 2 or even recurring status.

Unbelievable. Absolutely awful and unbelievable. They gonna axe Daredevil next?

So stupid. These shows are amazing.

Can't say I'll miss it. Still haven't watched the 2nd season...though I will eventually. Simple solution is to turn Defenders into Heroes for Hire basically. Make it a show about Luke, Danny, Misty, & Colleen. Daredevil and Jessica Jones guest star in an ep or two.

I still say Cage, Iron Fist (and Inhumans) should've been on the movie side of things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"