Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still would love the idea of MCU Mystique and Destiny being the biological parents of Nightcrawler. Let Claremont’s original idea come to fruition.

I don't see that as making a lot of sense. I've never been a fan of shapeshifting powers being able to alter DNA and inner organs. Looks, sure. Something similar was done in Days Of Future Past: Mystique's dna being used to copy other mutants powers for the sentinels, huh? i preferred the Rogue Cut in that area, as far as I've heard, in that there they have it so Rogue's powers was apart of that. I feel like it could've been done more with it, like saying that Darwin's DNA was involved in that somehow.

Looks like Hugh was offered a role in Multiverse Of Madness in September.

ElR4HwDW0AIrcZK

Source: @DanielRPK

Part of me wants Hugh Jackman to become the MCU Wolverine but he’s too old now and I wanna see someone else give it a shot.

Mandy patinkin would be such a fun beast. I love the idea of a beast that always quoting Greek tragedies and philosophers in amongst all the action. Plus I would love to see a bulkier beast, not someone super skinny and I think Mandy has that kind of wrestler look almost

Would people be opposed to Keanu Reeves as Xavier? He’s got a sort of calm nature to him, and he’s been in contact with Feige before.

As you can see, he’s gone back to buzzing his head for the upcoming Matrix shoot. Good to know he’s not opposed to cutting those locks for a role :oldrazz:

34878536-0-image-a-142_1603758648466.jpg

He would visually match but I don't feel like he could convincingly pull off the layers of Xavier.

Keanu would get my vote for Adam Warlock. IMHO that's the Marvel character he's best suited for.

Yeah I think going from sir pat stew to keanu might be an odd choice. He would be great in tons of other roles though like silver surfer!

Disney+ has been making modernized epic trailers for some of their older movies and series: the one for the X-Men Animated Series is actually pretty cool.

Beyonder would be a waste. Adam Warlock at least gives him a chance to be more actively involved in a plot rather than just sort of a chessmaster omnipotent antagonist.
I just see him more as a one and done or someone who would return in smaller cameos.

Yeah I think going from sir pat stew to keanu might be an odd choice. He would be great in tons of other roles though like silver surfer!

It might be odd, but also a great way to immediate distance from previous interpretations without being a radical departure from the source material.

New Storm - Actress & Singer: Diamond White (Empire, Boo: A Madea Halloween, Dear White People)
Diamond-White.jpg
diamond-white-3.jpg

She also starred in the 2007 Broadway adaptation of 'The Color Purple' as a kid.

Relatively unknown but she's a talented young actress, and would be a good choice for a young 'Ro IMO.

didnt you guys want a dark skin actress this time?
she pass as another "american character" and not an African woman. I think that is a key.
Personally, I dont want an american actress that all the american shows have. What about an actual african one for a chance? That would be quite a bold move by Marvel. And could have a big impact in the long run, same to the actress career in USA.

she pass as another "american character" and not an African woman. I think that is a key.
Personally, I dont want an american actress that all the american shows have. What about an actual african one for a chance? That would be quite a bold move by Marvel. And could have a big impact in the long run, same to the actress career in USA.
She is dark-skin, though. And Africans come in all shapes & sizes.

I remember you wanted name actors to be cast as the X-Men. Well, limiting the talent pool to African only would almost assure that we get an unknown, possibly even a straight up newcomer as Ororo.

I have no problem with this, though.

I want characters who can tell the best stories rather than just for the sake of being new or never adapted. Raven can bring great material for both Rogue and Kurt.
I'm not suggesting unused characters in the movies, for the sake of giving them a chance in the movies. I read the comics, fyi. Its not like I suggested Beak/Negasonic Teenage Warhead out of all characters or Leper Queen/Zaladane to be the first villainess in the Mcu X-Men. I didn't randomly pick these characters in Wikipedia without knowing their importance/role in the comiXs. And guess what, I don't find Mystique that interesting enough to appear in the X-Men reboot right away.

That being said, there's nothing wrong as well in wanting to see characters that haven't appeared in the movies eXpecially we don't get these movies monthly. This is the X-Men after all, which imo, have the best rogues gallery in Marvel comiXs, there's plenty of choices. Personally speaking, I just can't get eXcited of seeing Mystique in the first X-Men mcu movie after the seven movie appearances in the foX era.

Hear me out, but I actually think that she might make a nice candidate for Rogue.

Maybe it’s the hair.

New Storm - Actress & Singer: Diamond White (Empire, Boo: A Madea Halloween, Dear White People)
View attachment 39021
View attachment 39019

She also starred in the 2007 Broadway adaptation of 'The Color Purple' as a kid.

Relatively unknown but she's a talented young actress, and would be a good choice for a young 'Ro IMO.

I would love an African American rogue

Disney+ has been making modernized epic trailers for some of their older movies and series: the one for the X-Men Animated Series is actually pretty cool.

wow I loved that! It just goes to show, if you make quality it never ages and this feels like it could work just as well today as the 90s if not better. Very eerie hearing that line about civil war.

It might be odd, but also a great way to immediate distance from previous interpretations without being a radical departure from the source material.

precisely why I am still so excited about that Giancarlo suggestion. Imagine sitting in the cinema, in the dark, and hearing his voice give his spin on the “mutants...they are the key to our evolution” monologue which starts the movie :O

I would definitely love to see an actress from Storm. I think all of us have suffered enough with previous versions having an inauthentic accent and the easiest way to dodge that is to cast local. Plus it’s a great opportunity to find a new star

A recent thought about potentially updated Magneto options...

DigitalObeseIguanodon-size_restricted.gif

Alexander Siddig.

This actually isn't a half bad pitch

X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

it's definitely one of the least convoluted

The O5 could absolutely work with some retooling. Since the O5 are a blank slate, the writers could essentially create their own characters. The freedom that allows is very exciting. The MCU gets to reimagine the X-Men from the ground up—pulling from various runs to create a new mythology using the icongraphy of the original team:
clean-7.jpg

IMO one of the most exciting ways they approach this

Eh...other than the gender reversals and race bending, nothing from that pitch really stood out to me as anything special...it was kinda run-of-the-mill.

I only read thru it once and it seemed like all their origins and power revelations resulted in people running away in panic. I think Feige et al can be more creative in that regard.

I honestly think the O5 can work for a season or two on Disney+ and let giant size X-Men be their big screen debut. S1 is all of their origin stories, their first encounter with Magneto, the beginning of mutant hysteria and introduce key human players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"