Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
its as simple as: The X-Men movies should be about............ the X-Men. :D

I suddenly really want to see an MCU mini-series about Jubilee.

yeah I’m loving her in the animated series and she would be such a fun entry character for the audience

An X-Men Origins anthology series would be nice. Each episode focused on a different character.

yeah I was chatting about this with my comic book group recently. Basically it’s like the one shots marvel is doing right now except an animated series where you tie two characters we normally wouldn’t expect together and they just go on a little adventure leading up to the big ending. I think it would be fun

It’s interesting to not see Jean or Storm (or Jubilee), as the female members of the team. I’m not opposed but I wonder if Marvel would go that route.

Why not make one of the female members Wolverine?

Oh I’m sure they’ll turn up, you have to. Jean is pretty much like marvel’s Disney Princess except she eats a sun every now and then

Why not make one of the female members Wolverine?

lol @TheVileOne I wouldn't be opposed!

I still think there's the possibility that every Fox-verse actor is going to come over to the MCU to play their 616 counterpart. In the Madness of the Multiverse, Dr. Strange will peek into the Fox X-Men universe, and then later learn that an MCU-version of the X-Men (played by the same actors) is currently residing in upstate NY. Professor X has been able to keep their tracks hidden, but it isn't until a bit of multiverse shenanigans that Strange is able to locate them and pull back the proverbial curtain on mutants in the MCU.

This way, you keep some of the talent that Fox was able to bring in, but let them take on radical new interpretations. The Fox movies thus become the cracked-mirror version of these actors as X-Men.

James McAvoy is Professor X
Nicholas Hoult is Beast
Tye Sheridan is Cyclops
Alexandra Shipp is Storm
Sophie Turner is Marvel Girl
Kodi Smitt-McPhee is Nightcrawler
Lana Condor is Jubilee
Dafne Keen is Wolverine

Later installments can include a reintroduction to Magneto (Fassbender), and a more comics-accurate rendition of Mystique (I'd really prefer no Jennifer Lawrence--but maybe she's more excited for Marvel involvement, and is in need of a franchise now more than ever?).

And Hugh Jackman is Old Man Logan, the original Wolverine of Weapon-X and Laura's caretaker (and we'll learn, her biological father via clone hijinks).

Just a thought. This would help Disney/Marvel keep these X-Men legacy films in some sort of canon--maybe even a spin-off series called eXiles that can explore all these different X-realities. Maybe swap Morph with Deadpool to give him something to do in the MCU?

I still think there's the possibility that every Fox-verse actor is going to come over to the MCU to play their 616 counterpart. In the Madness of the Multiverse, Dr. Strange will peek into the Fox X-Men universe, and then later learn that an MCU-version of the X-Men (played by the same actors) is currently residing in upstate NY. Professor X has been able to keep their tracks hidden, but it isn't until a bit of multiverse shenanigans that Strange is able to locate them and pull back the proverbial curtain on mutants in the MCU.

This way, you keep some of the talent that Fox was able to bring in, but let them take on radical new interpretations. The Fox movies thus become the cracked-mirror version of these actors as X-Men.

Nicholas Hoult is Beast
Tye Sheridan is Cyclops
Alexandra Shipp is Storm
Lana Condor is Jubilee
Dafne Keen is Wolverine

Later installments can include a reintroduction to Magneto (Fassbender), and a more comics-accurate rendition of Mystique (I'd really prefer no Jennifer Lawrence--but maybe she's more excited for Marvel involvement, and is in need of a franchise now more than ever?).

And Hugh Jackman is Old Man Logan, the original Wolverine of Weapon-X and Laura's caretaker (and we'll learn, her biological father via clone hijinks).

Just a thought. This would help Disney/Marvel keep these X-Men legacy films in some sort of canon--maybe even a spin-off series called eXiles that can explore all these different X-realities. Maybe swap Morph with Deadpool to give him something to do in the MCU?

I don't see the point, especially when some of those actors were awful as those characters.

I don't see the point, especially when some of those actors were awful as those characters.

Lawrence and Hoult, I'll give you--but I genuinely think the rest of the cast mentioned was fine (exceptional, even, with some of the casting). And maybe the concept that doesn't even need to be the full cast. Just stand-outs like McAvoy or Jackman, with the MCU X-Men taking shape around that.

Lawrence and Hoult, I'll give you--but I genuinely think the rest of the cast mentioned was fine (exceptional in some cases like McAvoy).

The more time that passes between the Fox films and the MCU relaunch will make this idea even less ideal, but it'd be a good way to get actors like Jackman into the fold.

Again, I don't see the point. Not only that, the later movies with that cast were absolute failures. Why tie your films to movies that failed and bombed, that audiences and critics generally hated? It makes no sense to me. It seems like a recipe for disaster. I have no interest in seeing Nicholas Hoult play unaging, flatter than Diet Coke WERE-BEAST ever again.

Again, I don't see the point. Not only that, the later movies with that cast were absolute failures. Why tie your films to movies that failed and bombed, that audiences and critics generally hated? It makes no sense to me. It seems like a recipe for disaster. I have no interest in seeing Nicholas Hoult play unaging, flatter than Diet Coke WERE-BEAST ever again.

Fair, but in Hollywood these days, people are just as happy to take the good and forget the bad-- Didn't like Apocalypse or Dark Phoenix? Forget them, but remember the good stuff we did!

The Burton films, looking back, are largely remembered fondly due to nostalgia--not actually good film-making. But we're hyped to have Keaton possibly back as Batman in Flash. Fans were even hyped for Routh in Crisis, and people don't even like Superman Returns but they knew they liked the actor.

Again, it was just a thought I had. Not something I'm rooting for, or actively pushing, but I do think that Marvel's at least looking at those films and seeing if there's any way to co-opt or carryover. I think Feige was rumored to have been talking to Patrick Stewart, yes? And there's that persistent Evan Peters in WandaVision rumor

Nicholas Hoult is Beast
Tye Sheridan is Cyclops
Alexandra Shipp is Storm
Lana Condor is Jubilee
Dafne Keen is Wolverine

Do you really think Marvel Studios master Kevin Feige will take the whole cast of Fox lowest X-men movie ever and bring them to MCU?

That would be the opposite of what a smart studio head/Overseer would do for 'their take on the X-Men'.
the Fox franchise killed the hype of the X-Men, leading to real fatigue. Marvel and Feige know perfectly that what they need is a totally New and different vision and version of the X-Men, not Fox's version/faces. New actors, looks, approach, personalities, costumes.... everything.

nothing wrong with the actual actors, I like them all, but they are "Fox/Kinberg's X-Men" so their team is just damaged, sadly. And Marvel reboot need a completely revamped version of the X-Men, much more exciting, appealing and epic.

It has nothing to do with how bad the previous movies were. Or how talented the cast was. I want to see a new and fresh take on these characters, and I'd like to see what other actors can bring to the table.

I think a cameo (from the OT) wouldn't be awful since if they're exploring the multiverse. But I'm ready for a fully new take on the X-Men.

Just one and done I think is fine. Just as a last bit of fan service.

hey I saw this on reddit last night and thought it might give people a few chuckles. It’s from a letters page way back in the 60s when this no hoper called Chris Claremont took over the series and all the fans thought the world was ending...

Just one and done I think is fine. Just as a last bit of fan service.

hey I saw this on reddit last night and thought it might give people a few chuckles. It’s from a letters page way back in the 60s when this no hoper called Chris Claremont took over the series and all the fans thought the world was ending...

This would have to be the 70s not the 60s.

Do you really think Marvel Studios master Kevin Feige will take the whole cast of Fox lowest X-men movie ever and bring them to MCU?

That would be the opposite of what a smart studio head/Overseer would do for 'their take on the X-Men'.
the Fox franchise killed the hype of the X-Men, leading to real fatigue. Marvel and Feige know perfectly that what they need is a totally New and different vision and version of the X-Men, not Fox's version/faces. New actors, looks, approach, personalities, costumes.... everything.

Honestly, I don't know at this point. They are bringing over the worst villain from the worst Spider-Man movie ever to the MCU.

Do we really want the actors from the foX era to return in their reXpective roles? Disney might as well hire Kinberg to continue his foX-Men, if Marvel Studios aren't going to recast the X-Men.

Reboot = new actors in roles they haven't portrayed before.

Its simple as that. And like I said before save this multiverse shtick to Spider-Man. Its not like SM3 and TASM2 were box office bombs like Dark PhoeniX and the New Mutants.

Nicholas Hoult is Beast
Tye Sheridan is Cyclops
Alexandra Shipp is Storm
Lana Condor is Jubilee
Dafne Keen is Wolverine

Are there actually people out there that like this idea? Genuine question.

Honestly, I don't know at this point. They are bringing over the worst villain from the worst Spider-Man movie ever to the MCU.

the huge difference is that Feige is just bringing a few particular actors, not the whole cast of a movie.
That would be the case with all the X-Men from Fox prequels. And now that I said that... bringing exactly the cast from movies set in the past, to present day...... that is a huge mess to me. The whole thing is a mess, imo. Characters/team totally out of their time period, their friends, family, and other human characters. A big huge mess that at least me dont want to see in Marvel Studios for my fave characters.

the huge difference is that Feige is just bringing a few particular actors, not the whole cast of a movie.
That would be the case with all the X-Men from Fox prequels. And now that I said that... bringing exactly the cast from movies set in the past, to present day...... that is a huge mess to me. The whole thing is a mess, imo. Characters/team totally out of their time period, their friends, family, and other human characters. A big huge mess that at least me dont want to see in Marvel Studios for my fave characters.

I mean I dunno what if the next Spider-Man movie is a Spider-Verse type story with Maguire and Garfield returning?

I don’t think anyone is actually saying bring the old team back permanently, just one last crack as an Easter egg before the universe explodes and gets smooshed together with a new universe and a new cast. Anyway we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"