Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fave Storm costume, bar-none. I really hope we see a version of that in the MCU.
I don’t think anyone is actually saying bring the old team back permanently, just one last crack as an Easter egg before the universe explodes and gets smooshed together with a new universe and a new cast. Anyway we will see
The post I quoted said exactly that: to bring over those versions and later have them play radical new interpretations of them. Again I ask, were those actors *that* good at playing those characters the first time to have them come back?

Honestly seeing Famke, Halle, James and the rest of theot cast again IS just gonna remind me how that cast could have been used more after X3.... I think too much time has passed since Dofp as well and we aren't getting anew X-Men movie until 2024 especially everything's still being delayed.

While the other cast, really.... will people going to be so hyped seeing James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender and the other younger versions again?

Time to cast new actors, hopefully they look similar to their comic book counterpart.

I wonder if they’ll give the x-men like their own mini feige or feloni type person who keeps track of all the details. Obviously feige can do it but he’s overseeing an entire universe and the x-men are almost like a universe by themselves

It’s interesting to not see Jean or Storm (or Jubilee), as the female members of the team. I’m not opposed but I wonder if Marvel would go that route.
Speaking of Storm, here's a new idea that spices things up. I know when we talk POV, the default is usually Kitty or Jubilee... But if Marvel went a different route, and made Storm our "POV"?

The movie could open in Kenya with a young Ororo, whose village is being raided by a terrorist militia (Think Al-Shabaab). This could be how Ororo loses her parents in the MCU and also shine a light on the extremist violence prevalent in some parts of East Africa today that nobody talks/knows abt.

We all want Ororo to get a major focus in the MCU, and imo this would be a great way to center her journey in the story
IMG_gxa9av.jpg

Last edited:
It’s interesting to me that that last avengers game seems to be tanking and taking on millions of dollars below profit forecasts. Do you think an x-men game would run into similar trouble these days? What lessons can be learned?

It’s interesting to me that that last avengers game seems to be tanking and taking on millions of dollars below profit forecasts. Do you think an x-men game would run into similar trouble these days? What lessons can be learned?
I'm no gamer and if it's the one I think you are referring to I would chalk that up to incredibly poor character designs.

The avengers game is tanking due to a bunch of different reasons, the designs while not good are the least of the concerns as far as its failure goes. It turn out to be an incomplete, buggy, glitchy, mess with poor design, and a half baked post launch strategy. Avengers could have been great but i think the concept from the start doomed this game to fail. If an xmen game is made I think avengers is great example on what not to do.

It should be pointed out the game sold over 3 million copies. The fact that it still lost them a bunch of money goes to show how bloated the budget was on this thing and how badly they mishandled the money.

A lot of AAA video games these days are similarly unnecessarily expensive.

Having a few mutants in that game could’ve enticed me more.

I hated how they treated inhumans like mutants in that game . That game must of been made during that stupid inhumans push to drive out mutants. Really crap game btw. Tried to be destiny, but destiny was t even that good.
Should of focused on singke player story only like spidey

I hated how they treated inhumans like mutants in that game . That game must of been made during that stupid inhumans push to drive out mutants. Really crap game btw. Tried to be destiny, but destiny was t even that good.
Should of focused on singke player story only like spidey

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, games as service are a scam. Where is Anthem now? A game EA promised they had a 10-year plan for. That remind anyone of anything? *coughDestinycough*

Yeah the concepts and overall thought process in marvels avengers is already dated. The development time was so long and by time it released the market in all aspects had already moved on. Inhumans aren't treated like mutants in plots now. And the GaaS style that this game went for has seen limited success.

I still think there's the possibility that every Fox-verse actor is going to come over to the MCU to play their 616 counterpart. In the Madness of the Multiverse, Dr. Strange will peek into the Fox X-Men universe, and then later learn that an MCU-version of the X-Men (played by the same actors) is currently residing in upstate NY. Professor X has been able to keep their tracks hidden, but it isn't until a bit of multiverse shenanigans that Strange is able to locate them and pull back the proverbial curtain on mutants in the MCU.

This way, you keep some of the talent that Fox was able to bring in, but let them take on radical new interpretations. The Fox movies thus become the cracked-mirror version of these actors as X-Men.

James McAvoy is Professor X
Nicholas Hoult is Beast
Tye Sheridan is Cyclops
Alexandra Shipp is Storm
Sophie Turner is Marvel Girl
Kodi Smitt-McPhee is Nightcrawler
Lana Condor is Jubilee
Dafne Keen is Wolverine

Later installments can include a reintroduction to Magneto (Fassbender), and a more comics-accurate rendition of Mystique (I'd really prefer no Jennifer Lawrence--but maybe she's more excited for Marvel involvement, and is in need of a franchise now more than ever?).

And Hugh Jackman is Old Man Logan, the original Wolverine of Weapon-X and Laura's caretaker (and we'll learn, her biological father via clone hijinks).

Just a thought. This would help Disney/Marvel keep these X-Men legacy films in some sort of canon--maybe even a spin-off series called eXiles that can explore all these different X-realities. Maybe swap Morph with Deadpool to give him something to do in the MCU?

What an interesting idea! I like it a lot.

Having the young cast back. McAvoy, Hoult, Sheridan and Kodi too. These are amazing actors and it's totally a waste to not let them continue. When recasting the characters for MCU, it will be hard to find the same amount of good actors.

The actors mentioned above, all playing different versions of their mutant roles when portraying MCU-verse's X-Men.
It makes it actually more interesting

If the returning cast wasn't amazing enough, you also suggest Dafne Keen from Logan .

I too believe that Lawrence could find this exciting, to be a part of the successful MCU.
As you wrote, she desperately needs another noticeable acting gig. A big thing like this could get her into the spotlight again.

Just remove Hugh Jackman from your suggestion. He would never agree to this (but I will still enjoy hearing rumours about him).

There is a plothole though. How could Xavier hide himself and his student all these years? Why didn't they ever go outside to help when our world was being attacked. At two occasions, hostile alien forces arrived at earth.
Xavier could have used his mind to block out everybody, I know.
But it's weird that SHIELD never found out about the mutants.
Or when Heimdall was alive, and the keeper of Bifrost. He saw *everything* (he claimed). He must have known something.
What about The Ancient One? Her knowledge was vast.

EDIT: Got to think about Ultron too. Didn't he infiltrate every computer in the world? He must have found some "bread crumbs" somewhere, that Xavier had forgotten.
It's also impossible to use telepathy to mind block a robot

Last edited:
I too believe that Lawrence could find this exciting, to be a part of the successful MCU.

The issue will be getting fans and GA to get excited for another JLaw Mystique. No thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah the concepts and overall thought process in marvels avengers is already dated. The development time was so long and by time it released the market in all aspects had already moved on. Inhumans aren't treated like mutants in plots now. And the GaaS style that this game went for has seen limited success.

yeah. I wonder how long it would take them to whip up a new xmen legends or even LEGO xmen? LEGO xmen could be fun. There’s more of a chance of getting some lesser known mutants into the roster and maybe they could use someone like Cameron hodge as the big bad

It is definitely time for a new X-Men game. Whether its a single player linear or a single llayer open world game. It is simply way overdue. I just don't want online multiplayer / live service, like that could be an eXtra feature but a strong story campaign would be nice andI want to free roam using the X-Men.

My roster would be
Psylocke
Polaris
Storm
Emma
Gambit
PhoeniX
Rogue
Iceman
Cyclops
The Wolverine
Angel
Nightcrawler
Beast
Colossus
Bishop
Jubilee
Dazzler
Havok
Banshee

I'm thinking a cross breed of Spider-Man 2018/Watch Dogs Legion/GTA V. There's a story campaign but you have an option to free roam any X-Men and use them for side quests.

No to the actors from Fox truth be told none of them looked like their comic counterparts. I definitely don’t want Magneto and Mystique leading this franchise again. Magneto deserves one movie as a villain and perhaps a few stories told in a Disney+ series and after that he should be Loki appearing if the story calls for it but not a major character to the X-Men. I love to see Mystique leading her version of BOM and have her relationship with rogue played out in a Disney+ story.

No to the actors from Fox truth be told none of them looked like their comic counterparts. I definitely don’t want Magneto and Mystique leading this franchise again. Magneto deserves one movie as a villain and perhaps a few stories told in a Disney+ series and after that he should be Loki appearing if the story calls for it but not a major character to the X-Men. I love to see Mystique leading her version of BOM and have her relationship with rogue played out in a Disney+ story.

I'm up for more Magneto, but what I don't want is more of the infernal, circular character arc he was given in the rebooted X-Men series, with each movie starting out with Good Erik until some tragedy befalls him and leads him to become Evil Erik again, before he has a change of heart and reconciles with Charles again at the end of the movie.

Watching Erik's fall to the dark side in First Class was incredible. His return to villainy at the end of DoFP felt a bit contrived but still largely worked. But the way they just heaped tragedy on him in Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix to force him back into an antagonistic role was embarrassingly bad.

None of this, of course, is a reflection on Fassbender's performance, which was amazing, but rather on the shoddy quality of the writing.

I agree. Should Eric have a central arc yes! I feel like his presence should be teased for awhile similar to how evolution season one did and then we get him. I believe he is a strong enough character that he doesn’t need a brotherhood (think back to his appearance in TAS episodes 2/3 he took out three X-Men) in the beginning. His next appearance should be with his Acolytes and I want to see him go from being the villain to wanting a safe haven for mutants either we get asteroid M or we see him liberating and granted the Island of Genosha. I want to see his relationship with Lorna explored. And if he does go back to being a villain let it not be because of something tragic, maybe Apocalypse offers him something and teams up with him (BGAE episode from TAS). One of things that Fox series got wrong is that Magneto wants mutant supremacy/liberation and he always fought in the name of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"