Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going to see the X-Men starting with the O5, I'd rather see it in a D+ show, yes.

Also, Bobby as the teenage POV character sounds nice to me.

It wouldn't bother me if Angel was female, but that site seemed to be arguing that Angel Salvador was a reason to genderbend him (and maybe to make Angel black?) when if anything it would be an argument against it to avoid confusion. Also, if people care about Angel's privilege, doubling up on their minority status would be that much more of a potential issue. I'd say make Angel Asian if you're going to do anything with his/her race, because Asian-Americans actually tend to make a lot of money.

On a side note, I've been watching a lot of Lovecraft Country this past week (phenomenal show) and I'd love to see Laura Karpman do the score. Have a listen to some of these tracks

Even the violin... It just feels very X-Men. She would be amazing

Yeah, I can see that.

Better yet, make Angel Indian-American (the wealthiest group on average in the country) and cast Naomi Scott. She's bound to end up in a superhero property sooner or later.

So Angel would look drastically different compare to his comixs book counterpart, I say a big no to that.
If we're going to see the X-Men starting with the O5, I'd rather see it in a D+ show, yes.

Also, Bobby as the teenage POV character sounds nice to me.
I'd rather see it in a movie and in the big screen.

I don't even have a D+ and its really less accessible to the public compare to movie theaters.

Id totally watch a O5 D+ miniseries.
Im one of the fans that want Marvel Xmen to debut on the big screen, as they deserve, but this is not a bad idea actually, and technically they can still debut on the big screen, with maybe Charles and Scott appearing as guest roles on a marvel movie, presenting the mutants concept and that there is some school in NY.... and 8-10 months later...... BOOM! their own show premieres, with the audience getting to know and love Scott, Warren, Jean, Hank and Bobby like they never did before at Fox.
So once they are introduced and loved, and Storm appears somewhere too, they all get their big movie with new additions like Jubilee, Thunderbird, Sunfire, so we get a great 'second genesis' type of movie in the epic MCU style, with 9 X-Men members already in the first movie, that would bring an even bigger movie than X1, X2 and most prequels.

This way O5 get their own project to shine while the first movie brings the diverse members, creating such a cool and different roster than all Fox movies.
This is a Win-Win sceneario imo

Random but I had a thought:

I hope there’s a running gag that whenever Rogue is asked what her real name is, she always gets interrupted.

Logan: You know all this time we’ve known you as Rogue, but what’s your real name?

Rogue: Oh sugah, my name is... *Alarm blares*

And they get called in by Xavier or something lol.

Last edited:
I guess it could be something like X1. Both Rogue and Logan were different POV characters.
No, actually you're right. I didn't take into account when I wrote that long post

Bobby could be the newbie who joins the team while Scott could already be there.. In fact, you could even have a brotherly relationship between them
7rdjhfzmld501.jpg

Bobby could help him come out of his shell

Id totally watch a O5 D+ miniseries.
Im one of the fans that want Marvel Xmen to debut on the big screen, as they deserve, but this is not a bad idea actually, and technically they can still debut on the big screen, with maybe Charles and Scott appearing as guest roles on a marvel movie, presenting the mutants concept and that there is some school in NY.... and 8-10 months later...... BOOM! their own show premieres, with the audience getting to know and love Scott, Warren, Jean, Hank and Bobby like they never did before at Fox.
So once they are introduced and loved, and Storm appears somewhere too, they all get their big movie with new additions like Jubilee, Thunderbird, Sunfire, so we get a great 'second genesis' type of movie in the epic MCU style, with 9 X-Men members already in the first movie, that would bring an even bigger movie than X1, X2 and most prequels.

This way O5 get their own project to shine while the first movie brings the diverse members, creating such a cool and different roster than all Fox movies.
This is a Win-Win sceneario imo
You could set up a lot of stuff. Introduce the X-Men, the school, and develop them. You could also introduce some main supporting players like Moira MacTaggert, Senator Kelly, Grayden Creed etc as they all react to mutants/X-Men for the first time.

Depending on the direction of the show, this could be where you introduce Magneto. So you could build up to his first public battle with the X-Men
1578223-original_x_men.jpg

And establish him as an important part of their history. It addresses the elephant in the room (Magneto), so the first movie doesn't have to.

This is perfect content for Disney+

You could set up a lot of stuff. Introduce the X-Men, the school, and develop them. You could also introduce some main supporting players like Moira MacTaggert, Senator Kelly, Grayden Creed etc as they all react to mutants/X-Men for the first time.

Depending on the direction of the show, this could be where you introduce Magneto. So you could build up to his first public battle with the X-Men
View attachment 39089

And establish him as an important part of their history. It addresses the elephant in the room (Magneto), so the first movie doesn't have to.

This is perfect content for Disney+

I really like all the bold part and Im really interested in watching that type of stuff, always was interested, since many years ago in the early years of the Fox franchise, but they never explored it in full, so a tv show is perfect for those type of plots, something smaller, with the focus on the actual x-men and the human side, with some smaller villains here and there, basically a real nod to 60s era. Im pretty sure most fans would really enjoy such a show, since Fox never tried something like that, and O5 fans would get their wish.

A big no to Magneto, tho,. He got 7 movies at Fox. Marvel should keep him out until at least movie #2. Hell, even movie 3. the first x-men show shouldnt have Magneto, no way.
an earlier version of the brotherhood? I would be fine with that.

E3
I really like all the bold part and Im really interested in watching that type of stuff, always was interested, since many years ago in the early years of the Fox franchise, but they never explored it in full, so a tv show is perfect for those type of plots, something smaller, with the focus on the actual x-men and the human side, with some smaller villains here and there, basically a real nod to 60s era. Im pretty sure most fans would really enjoy such a show, since Fox never tried something like that, and O5 fans would get their wish.

A big no to Magneto, tho,. He got 7 movies at Fox. Marvel should keep him out until at least movie #2. Hell, even movie 3. the first x-men show shouldnt have Magneto, no way.
an earlier version of the brotherhood? I would be fine with that.
I'd be fine with that too. Take the Evolution approach and hint/sow the seeds for Magneto. We may hear warnings abt him from Xavier but never see him

As for the Brotherhood, yes, I'd be very happy with that. Show format is a great place to flesh them out. Rogue could have her villain arc in this show so she can be an X-Man in the movie.

- Destiny
- Toad
- Avalanche
- Blob
- Rogue

Is the roster I'd go with

Better yet, make Angel Indian-American (the wealthiest group on average in the country) and cast Naomi Scott. She's bound to end up in a superhero property sooner or later.

It’s funny you said that for two reasons because literally in the last 24 hours I had two thoughts.

1. an Indian American angel would be really fun especially with Sendhil Ramamurphy starring alongside an aged up cyclops

2. I would love to see a gender bent Beast. Not sure who I would cast but I think for some reason that would be so fun to see

Random but I had a thought:

I hope there’s a running gag that whenever Rogue is asked what her real name is, she always gets interrupted.

Logan: You know all this time we’ve known you as Rogue, but what’s your real name?

Rogue: Oh sugah, my name is... *Alarm blares*

And they get called in by Xavier or something lol.
Haha, I like that idea.

If you genderbend him though you start getting into Emma frost territory and to be honest I would rather see Emma than warren

I’m fine with O5 starting on the small screen as a prelude and hype builder for the main MCU X-Men film.

I’m fine with O5 starting on the small screen as a prelude and hype builder for the main MCU X-Men film.
So imagine it goes something like this

- WandaVision - Introduces the concept of mutants to Wanda. She is one.

- Shang-Chi - Introduces a couple of mutants (if the rumors are true, Wizkid and Spiral are among them)

- Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Introduces Omega Red (if the rumors are true)

- Black Panther II - Introduces Ororo Munroe as a tribal princess (a more contemporary version perhaps)

- Disney+ Alpha Flight (?) - Introduces Guardian Auora, Wolverine, Northstar, Sasquatch and Snowbird

- Disney+ 'The X-Men' - introduces Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman - as well as Destiny, Rogue, Toad, Blob (a modernized ver.) and Avalanche + human characters. The bulk of XM world building starts here

- 'Giant-Sized X-Men/Uncanny X-Men' - set some years after the events of the show. Scott (with Jean's help) recruits/trains a new team of X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus and Thunderbird. Rogue, now a young woman, and a lone wolf, is reluctant to be a part of this new vision but she eventually joins after Scott convinces her. Trusting him.

No idea who the villains would be but maybe the climax could be that aforementioned fight with an early version of the Sentinels (which were being built in response to the Brotherhood incident from the show). Thunderbird doesn't make it

- Disney+ 'Storm' - Introduces Kitty Pryde, Morlocks and the Shadow King

They can a afford a slow burn approach like so ^ to build hype. Get people invested in this universe

Last edited:
So imagine it goes something like this

- WandaVision - Introduces the concept of mutants to Wanda. She is one.

- Shang-Chi - Introduces a couple of mutants (if the rumors are true, Wizkid and Spiral are among them)

- Falcon & The Winter Soldier - Introduces Omega Red (if the rumors are true)

- Black Panther II - Introduces Ororo Munroe as a tribal princess (a more contemporary version perhaps)

- Disney+ Alpha Flight (?) - Introduces Guardian Auora, Wolverine, Northstar, Sasquatch and Snowbird

- Disney+ 'The X-Men' - introduces Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman - as well as Destiny, Rogue, Toad, Blob (a modernized ver.) and Avalanche + human characters. The bulk of XM world building starts here

- 'Giant-Sized X-Men/Uncanny X-Men' - set some years after the events of the show. Scott (with Jean's help) recruits/trains a new team of X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus and Thunderbird. Rogue, now a young woman, and a lone wolf, is reluctant to be a part of this new vision but she eventually joins after Scott convinces her. Trusting him.

No idea who the villains would be but maybe the climax could be that aforementioned fight with an early version of the Sentinels (which were being built in response to the Brotherhood incident from the show). Thunderbird doesn't make it

- Disney+ 'Storm' - Introduces Kitty Pryde, Morlocks and the Shadow King

They can a afford a slow burn approach like so ^ to build hype. Get people invested in this universe
This is exactly the kind of approach I want, and if we get anything along these lines, I think there is a potential of the first full on MCU X-Men film really breaking out, Avengers style.

so many great ideas there.

but again.... hell no to Thunderbird dying! enough of even fans wanting to make the same mistakes as the comics. We already got a decent approach to Thunderbid on the Gifted. Now let Feige do something even bigger and better, instead of copying one single comic for the sake of "being faitful" to one comic.

so many great ideas there.

but again.... hell no to Thunderbird dying! enough of even fans wanting to make the same mistakes as the comics. We already got a decent approach to Thunderbid on the Gifted. Now let Feige do something even bigger and better, instead of copying one single comic for the sake of "being faitful" to one comic.
Establish the relationship with his younger brother as the reason he joins the X-Men. His death is Cyclops' first major failure as a leader; something he's gonna carry with him for the rest of these films. It serves a purpose.

If the main concern for killing Thunderbird is diversity, then the movie should have more diversity to begin with. The O5 will have likely already gone through some changes to accommodate.

It’s an interesting point, I mean, so many people are still complaining even now about Darwin in x-men first class.

By the way, I saw this today and thought it was cool enough to share

also

Rick Famuyiwa's pitch for the Flash was rejected because it explored themes of race and culture. Wasn't what WB wanted out of their Flash but it sounds apt for X-Men.

I'd love to see him to get a shot

Was watching TAS on Disney+ and I’m still set on this roster being our first onscreen team (with Storm):

D05B7AB9-3430-46F8-9BB0-9A87ECEC4CD2.jpeg

And Graydon and his Friends being the main antagonists...
B5CDF557-F69B-496A-8091-01D89B0E33D7.jpeg A3878CE4-3E2A-44AD-885B-042870E76729.jpeg

I'd be all for a Disney+ series that explored the early goings of the rise of mutants.

One thing I do think is important though...considering how Fox got stuck on some characters...is that the X-Men team shouldn't be about Martin Luther King and Malcolm X...it should be about what happens to those movements after the leaders are assassinated, as others pick up their ideologies and move forward to create movements from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"