Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I didn't believe for a second, why a character that appeared in Dark PhoeniX would move to the MCU with the same actor.

Evan Peters was unceremoniously retired in his role in the finale.

Fox X-Men haters can breathe a sigh of relief that...

WandaVision Spoilers

Evan Peters was indeed revealed to be a fakeout. He was not playing the Fox Quicksilver he was playing...Ralph *****, lol.

Yeah, l can't believe they went for that lowbrow of a joke haha

Come on guys, working title is exactly that...the movie's working title. It doesn't mean it's going to be called that. It's to hide the production from prying eyes/fans.

X-men: Days of Future Past was known as Hello Kitty around Montreal.
X-men: Apocalypse was Akkaba.
Deadpool 2 was Caribbean Blue in Vancouver and Daisy during reshoots.

Totally but I mean, it's not that secretive of a title haha.

I'm just happy that they
Didn't use the show to introduce the mutants. It was obvious from the getgo - Scarlet was appearing in DS2 and Photon in CM2 after this show, so itwas obvious the finale would tease those rather than retaining foX Quicksilver, Magneto's cameo and mutants. And X-Men are still very far from MCU's upcoming slate.

Love the MCU but I'm not too happy about it for a few reasons. Mainly because I really like Quicksilver as a character. Killing him early in AOU bothered me but now they just keep holding him down by making him a cheap joke. From a narrative pov of the show, it just didn't need to be built for that many eps. It should have been revealed who he was in the Halloween Episode. No stinger with Monica, no scene in the finale.

I understand the frustration with the Fox films, but this was a very popular character and actor. I'm not sure this was the right move. Both of the actors who played him were great and deserved better as did the character. No Quicksilver allowed at all I guess in the MCU I guess.

Last edited:
well there are so many X-Men characters that they can utilize in the films. I've read the comiXs, and I don't think he's great.

I also don't find Quicksilver to be a very popular character and Evan Peters as a very popular actor. Just retire the character in the movies and move on with other characters.

Quicksilver already had his moments/time in the mcu but pulling the foXverse version just to give the character more role IMO is not right. Plus where would you put him? The X-Men again? He's not even a X-Man.

Im totally cool with how WV went down

I am not nearly as cool with this other rumor... The Mutants would be a stupid f*kin title, I really hope they dont go with it

Even if it is in early development, Marvel won't announce anything like this or Fantastic 4 until there's an event with fans back like Comic-Con or D23.
Yeah.

The Hype generated just by a logo and release date for the MCU X-Men at say, the first in person Con post vaccine will be galactic in scale.

Yeah.

The Hype generated just by a logo and release date for the MCU X-Men at say, the first in person Con post vaccine will be galactic in scale.

I'm thinking that this is gonna be an introduction type deal to the mutant race as a whole-- introducing and establishing some of the core themes and players. The X-Men/Brotherhood are set-up by this project. Hmm imagine if Charles & Erik are once again the protagonists.

Wouldn't be mad at Kevin. I fully expect the X-Men to have a slow build. It makes sense to take it from the bottom considering

FoX-Men aren't in play.

Even if it is in early development, Marvel won't announce anything like this or Fantastic 4 until there's an event with fans back like Comic-Con or D23.
Something like this would really bring the live events back to relevance after a long time without them. They need a big event/announcement for the first one back. For eg with E3 and gaming conventions there seems to be a real risk that many of the major players will just do their own events and excitement/viewership for E3 could drop. I hope ComicCon at least isn’t subject to this.

Something like this would really bring the live events back to relevance after a long time without them. They need a big event/announcement for the first one back. For eg with E3 and gaming conventions there seems to be a real risk that many of the major players will just do their own events and excitement/viewership for E3 could drop. I hope ComicCon at least isn’t subject to this.

E3 was becoming redundant anyway.

Would be a very bold and interesting take for the first mutant based film in the MCU to not actually be about the X-men, but instead lay the groundwork first and delve into society reacting to the new presence of mutants. The Mutants could be to X-men what Iron Man was to the Avengers. Maybe a film about a newly powered mutant who finds themselves cast out on the streets by a mutantphobic family, crossing paths with groups like the brotherhood and the morlocs before being taken in by Xavier's School at the end.

Would be a very bold and interesting take for the first mutant based film in the MCU to not actually be about the X-men, but instead lay the groundwork first and delve into society reacting to the new presence of mutants. The Mutants could be to X-men what Iron Man was to the Avengers. Maybe a film about a newly powered mutant who finds themselves cast out on the streets by a mutantphobic family, crossing paths with groups like the brotherhood and the morlocs before being taken in by Xavier's School at the end.
From your write up it sounds like you're proposing for a film to follow the journey of a made up character, only for the X-Men to show up at the end.

So you want a film version of The Gifted the TV series? Do people actually want to see something like this?

From your write up it sounds like you're proposing for a film to follow the journey of a made up character, only for the X-Men to show up at the end.

So you want a film version of The Gifted the TV series? Do people actually want to see something like this?
Where did they mention a made up character? Also, nuance exists. The comics and the old games did it before "Gifted" but they weren't just copying the games.

Didn't say a made up character - said newly powered mutant could be Cyclops or Rogue or any number of actual X-men characters. If this leak is true and we're getting a film called "The Mutants" as opposed to "X-men" then it definitely implies that they may be starting with films that explore mutants as an entire subspecies and their place in society, before honing in on the X-men. That sounds very exciting to me. We've all been talking for countless pages about how the MCU will put a fresh spin on the X-men. Maybe the fresh take is to not start with the X-men at all, and instead build up to that like they built up to the Avengers.

After watching the finale I feel much better about the MCU X-MEN reboot. Playing Evan Peters character as a joke with no long term ramifications going forward is completely fine!

Obviously opinions are opinions and everyone views things differently but from episode 6 and up it seemed pretty clear he wasn't gonna be 'you know who' and Agatha pretty much straight up said he wasn't in episode 8.

I'm sure the anger will die down soon and hopefully people will be able to appreciate the show did some great things.

I watched Alita last night and although it wasn’t a perfect film they did have a cool way of showing just how massive the villains are

I would love to see this sort of thing for characters like Juggernaut and The Blob

I think with the mutants name, it might have been a comment that got out of control. Basically one of marvel’s executives said that the name is a bit old fashioned because obviously there’s women on the team and people ran with it as confirmation that they’re definitely changing the name.

but now that we’re having this conversation I could live with it. I think with the x-men, it’s not about a team exactly, it’s about a group from an oppressed minority. So basically the film will be about mutants, not just xmen just like a movie about Black Lives Matter or ACT UP will inevitably be about black people and HIV+ people not just about those specific organisations or movements

They'll reboot the X Men and probably the Netflix heroes too.

Wouldn't be mad at Kevin. I fully expect the X-Men to have a slow build. It makes sense to take it from the bottom considering

FoX-Men aren't in play.

Yeah, Fox-X-Men aren't in play, but it's interesting that after Wanda freed the people of the town, they saw her as a monster. Maybe possible set up for Humans to fear Mutants?

Also her flying/walking away, and facing no music. I couldn't help but think she pulled a Magneto there lol.

I know it sounds foolish of me to believe it, but I still believe she's a Mutant lol.

Yeah, Fox-X-Men aren't in play, but it's interesting that after Wanda freed the people of the town, they saw her as a monster. Maybe possible set up for Humans to fear Mutants? Also her flying/walking away, and facing no music. I couldn't help but think she pulled a Magneto there lol. I know it sounds foolish of me to believe it, but I still believe she's a Mutant lol.
Its not really interesting when
Wanda trapped them in an illusion in the first place and refused to let them go in the previous episodes, taking their free will, how did you eXpect those residents to react after they survived that forced illusion? Wanda would have been arrested in real life for pulling a stunt like that.
there's nohidden meaning around it.

Yeah, Fox-X-Men aren't in play, but it's interesting that after Wanda freed the people of the town, they saw her as a monster. Maybe possible set up for Humans to fear Mutants?

Also her flying/walking away, and facing no music. I couldn't help but think she pulled a Magneto there lol.

I know it sounds foolish of me to believe it, but I still believe she's a Mutant lol.
I think WandaVision would've been a great opportunity to introduce anti mutant hate. I love the scene where Monica and Hayward are talking about Wanda in one of the first episodes, and they bring up the threat she represents, terrorism,etc... Then there was this hate people from Westville felt towards her.

But apparently establishing Wanda as a mutant is not on their plans. And they are in no rush to introduce us to the concept of mutants.

Also, since we didn't get an introduction of mutants, I definitely don't see Rogue showing up in CM2.

After that finale of WandaVision, without spoilers, I just really, really want the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants as the first set of antagonists now for MCU X-Men. Just find a way to bring Pietro, Toad and Jason Wyngarde into the mix and we're all set.

tumblr_norcmhfjF11uvxc4ro1_400.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"