Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
as cool as it could be, seeing the classic brotherhood and Wanda/Pietro next to their father as the villains...... Magneto was already the villain in X-Men (2000) and kind of ended as a villain again in First Class. So its about d**** time we get something New for a change.

Magneto being Quicksilver and Wanda's father made sense in the comics because the three had a pre-existing abusive relationship and making amends with the twins was part of his apology tour. I don't see the point of bringing him into the MCU as Mystery Dad. It reminds me of folks wanting Hank Pym to be Ultron's creator in the MCU, even though it made much more sense that AI developer and tech genius Tony Stark be his dad in the movies.

I think the ship has definitely sailed on Wanda and Pietro being mutants, Magneto's children or joining the brotherhood.

After the Wandavision finale it seems unlikely that they'll bring Quicksilver back properly if they didn't take the opportunity to do it with Evan Peters. And I think if Wanda was a mutant they would have dropped the M-word yesterday. Clearly they're leaning more into her being a latent witch as a child/probably a nexus being.

why would they mention the mutant word on the show, if to date absolutely none in that Avengers world knows what mutant is?

why would they mention the mutant word on the show, if to date absolutely none in that Avengers world knows what mutant is?

For the same reason they showed Thanos' face in Avengers 1 even though the story works just exactly the same if all the audience knows is Loki has an army now. Because the story is tailored to excite the audience.

They hadn't mentioned witches in the MCU up until WandaVision either so the possibility of them mentioning mutants wasn't completely out of left field. Not to mention with the way they introduced Evan Peters/Quicksilver (which was terrible) and the flashback scene to Wanda using her powers before she interacted with the Mind Stone.

I wouldn't fault people for thinking mutants were going to be put on the table.

I mean someone has to coin the term first. Narratively if they were going to reveal Wanda as a mutant a big reveal like that would have come in her own show. We pretty thoroughly explored Wanda's origins and backstory and no mutant reveal happened. And to be honest it doesn't really add much to the MCU if she is a mutant. Her powers are well explained as a witch whose powers are amped up by the Mind Stone, and they're clearly tying her powers to the same kind of magic used by the likes of Doctor Strange. i.e not mutation. A third reveal on top of the reveal that Wanda is a literal witch and a prophesised legendary figure just doesn't make sense.

I mean someone has to coin the term first. Narratively if they were going to reveal Wanda as a mutant a big reveal like that would have come in her own show. We pretty thoroughly explored Wanda's origins and backstory and no mutant reveal happened. And to be honest it doesn't really add much to the MCU if she is a mutant. Her powers are well explained as a witch whose powers are amped up by the Mind Stone, and they're clearly tying her powers to the same kind of magic used by the likes of Doctor Strange. i.e not mutation. A third reveal on top of the reveal that Wanda is a literal witch and a prophesised legendary figure just doesn't make sense.
So are Witches just born with powers in the MCU? I didn't understand that. Or understand if Pietro was born with powers too.

Overal the show was set up as a mystery for audience to create theories with whats going on. So there were very intentional misdirects to think that mutants could be involved. From a Multiverse perspective and with being born with powers. They have mutant backgrounds, plus they have an actor from the X-Men who is showing up questionably playing the same character with this show being confirmed to lead to the multiverse films. It's not even a crazy theory. Marvel presented this all to intentionally troll or keep people guessing.

The first 6 eps of the show were near perfect imo. All the crazy theories and cameo talk aside, I just don't think they did a great job closing this out or explaining things. The motivation from Agatha alone is really bland imo. I want unlimited power because you don't deserve it!!!

Last edited:
I think the ship has definitely sailed on Wanda and Pietro being mutants, Magneto's children or joining the brotherhood.

After the Wandavision finale it seems unlikely that they'll bring Quicksilver back properly if they didn't take the opportunity to do it with Evan Peters. And I think if Wanda was a mutant they would have dropped the M-word yesterday. Clearly they're leaning more into her being a latent witch as a child/probably a nexus being.

To be fair after what they did with Steve's arc. I don't know about the ship definitely sailed on Wanda and Pietro being mutants/Magneto's kids.
Well, it does leave the door open for ATJ to return if they ever want to bring back the real Pietro.

Maybe they want to save the dropped M-word for the movies. Example they could do something similar to the post credit scene with Tony and Fury with Wanda and the Professor.

Also Wanda wasn't the only one who was born with powers. Disney/Marvel's Wakanda Files book they released revealed the same for Pietro, and out of all the things they could've use to explain why Hydra chose them it was they had the correct genetic markets for the experiment.

As for the nexus being, isn't Jean one in the comics too?

So are Witches just born with powers in the MCU? I didn't understand that. Or understand if Pietro was born with powers too.

Overal the show was set up as a mystery for audience to create theories with whats going on. So there were very intentional misdirects to think that mutants could be involved. From a Multiverse perspective and with being born with powers. They have mutant backgrounds, plus they have an actor from the X-Men who is showing up questionably playing the same character with this show being confirmed to lead to the multiverse films. It's not even a crazy theory. Marvel presented this all to intentionally troll or keep people guessing.

The first 6 eps of the show I thought were near perfect imo. All the crazy theories and cameos talk aside, I still don't think they did a great job closing this out or explaining things. The motivation from Agatha alone is really bland imo. I want unlimited power because you don't deserve it!!!

I mean anyone in the MCU can learn magic, so I think it's a simple enough explanation for some people to be born with an innate talent for it, that may or may not blossom depending on the circumstances. I absolutely don't think it was crazy to speculate about mutants throughout the season, but I think if Wanda was a mutant they would have revealed it in the season finale.

I think Wandavision closed wrapped up pretty well (whilst still leaving hooks for later) so long as you look at it as a character study on Wanda and not the multiverse busting extravaganza people thought it was going to be.

I mean anyone in the MCU can learn magic, so I think it's a simple enough explanation for some people to be born with an innate talent for it, that may or may not blossom depending on the circumstances. I absolutely don't think it was crazy to speculate about mutants throughout the season, but I think if Wanda was a mutant they would have revealed it in the season finale.

I think Wandavision closed wrapped up pretty well (whilst still leaving hooks for later) so long as you look at it as a character study on Wanda and not the multiverse busting extravaganza people thought it was going to be.

Yeah I agree with that, I just didn't know they could have powers right off the bat. So that was confusing to understand. Especially since Strange didn't. Then it made it more confusing to me since Pietro was just ignored.

Overall I hope they elaborate more in Doc Strange 2 with her. I loved Wanda and Visions goodbye but that exit with Monica and skipping over other details from Wanda's past or her magic didn't sit with me right. Monica should have been more stern on the ramifications on what Wanda did. The words are odd and pushing a very forced narrative from the writers to make Wanda a hero. Hayward and Agathas bad guy motivation were just weak or non existent too. So yeah, I loved parts but just as a whole it didn't work well for me.

Yeah I agree with that, I just didn't know they could have powers right off the bat. So that was confusing to understand. Especially since Strange didn't. Then it made it more confusing to me since Pietro was just ignored.

Overall I hope they elaborate more in Doc Strange 2 with her. I loved Wanda and Visions goodbye but that exit with Monica and skipping over other details from Wanda's past or her magic didn't sit with me right. Monica should have been more stern on the ramifications on what Wanda did. The words are odd and pushing a very forced narrative from the writers to make Wanda a hero. Hayward and Agathas bad guy motivation were just weak or non existent too. So yeah, I loved parts but just as a whole it didn't work well for me.

Definitely still lots of threads that can be explored in DS. To quote White Vision - I request elaboration.

I don't know about forcing a narrative of Wanda as a hero. I think she's very much being set up as an anti-hero. There is no reconciliation with the people of Westview and the stinger ends on a very ominous note.

After that finale of WandaVision, without spoilers, I just really, really want the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants as the first set of antagonists now for MCU X-Men. Just find a way to bring Pietro, Toad and Jason Wyngarde into the mix and we're all set.

tumblr_norcmhfjF11uvxc4ro1_400.png
Just as long as we get the original X-Men to match :hrt:
IMG_20210306_135159.jpg

I think this would be perfect for a Disney+ feature. You could show the beginnings of the X-Men; e.g. the beginning of core relationships e.g. Scott/Jean, their first battle with Magneto, the introduction of certain human players (Kelly, Trask, Val Cooper etc)

It's a good way to take some of the load off the film

Definitely still lots of threads that can be explored in DS. To quote White Vision - I request elaboration.

I don't know about forcing a narrative of Wanda as a hero. I think she's very much being set up as an anti-hero. There is no reconciliation with the people of Westview and the stinger ends on a very ominous note.
Yeah, really looking forward to it!!

It's mostly Monica's lines to Wanda during the goodbye scene. The whole "they'll never know what you sacrificed" portion.

Last edited:
Just as long as we get the original X-Men to match :hrt:
View attachment 43866

I think this would be perfect for a Disney+ feature. You could show the beginnings of the X-Men; e.g. the beginning of core relationships e.g. Scott/Jean, their first battle with Magneto, the introduction of certain human players (Kelly, Trask, Val Cooper etc)

It's a good way to take some of the load off the film

Now I can get with the first MCU X-Men movie if they kinda flip the First Class with their X-Factor era and mix it up.
665E2CAF-C84C-4A46-AC89-1FD870CBA02F.jpeg

Like they’re trying to get the band back together.

But you know if I had my way I’d have the OG Brotherhood up against them:
E85AACD5-1329-40CC-8894-5F9062EBE63A.png

Gosh I can’t wait to see a proper Archangel in the mcu. I just reread the mutant massacre this week coincidentally where his wings got harpooned

On Jeff Sneider's podcast, he talks about the X-Men reboot rumors and says he's heard basically the same rumblings about them starting development. He says he's even heard casting whispers. He expects we'll start hearing news on it come summer.

I really don't want to see the Brotherhood as villains again for the first film. Been there done that and The Mutants have plenty of villains to choose from.

And how many chances will pietro get in a live action adaptation? Some X-Men villains haven't even appearedin a tv show and we are still bringing up Quicksilver. Yeah a big no tothat.

On Jeff Sneider's podcast, he talks about the X-Men reboot rumors and says he's heard basically the same rumblings about them starting development. He says he's even heard casting whispers. He expects we'll start hearing news on it come summer.
Oooo, Jeff Sneider?? Did he go into anymore details?

Dang, I guess that scoop was legit... So a 2024 release is wholly possible... maybe.

Oooo, Jeff Sneider?? Did he go into anymore details?

Dang, I guess that scoop was legit... So a 2024 release is wholly possible... maybe.

Nope, just that. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement about writers over the summer.

I also had another thought about the title The Mutants. What if the film is being thought of similarly to The Eternals?

"The saga of the Eternals, a race of immortal beings who lived on Earth and shaped its history and civilizations."

Now, what if the next race is homo-superior?

I thought the same, regarding Eternals movie.
The Mutants tittle really sounds like a similar take, introducing a whole new species. The big question mark is if this supposed tittle/movie will be about introducing the species, with a different approach/concept, or if it will be a full out X-Men movie, with all the iconic X-Men being formed from the get go, and basically being Marvel Studios own X-Men (2000)

It seems hard to believe that they'd permanently drop the X-men branding. So I'm betting The Mutants will be a different take that sets up X-men later. Which I honestly really dig, allows them to introduce mutants in a brand new way, with new (to film) characters. But still leaving space for the classic characters and plots to shine in X-men later.

Exciting stuff. This place will be set to explode when we start hearing serious news after all this time of waiting and speculation.

It seems hard to believe that they'd permanently drop the X-men branding. So I'm betting The Mutants will be a different take that sets up X-men later. Which I honestly really dig, allows them to introduce mutants in a brand new way, with new (to film) characters. But still leaving space for the classic characters and plots to shine in X-men later.
Yeah if they do both then it can work well. But these brands are strong. If all the Avengers films had been called Earth’s Mightiest Heroes they would be missing something. Having something called The Mutants could be good for showcasing the struggles of being a mutant though so I’d be open to that too.

Nope, just that. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement about writers over the summer.

I also had another thought about the title The Mutants. What if the film is being thought of similarly to The Eternals?

"The saga of the Eternals, a race of immortal beings who lived on Earth and shaped its history and civilizations."

Now, what if the next race is homo-superior?

You know I'm all about set-up and payoff. It's one of the most important methods in any story. This idea is soooo different from what any of us have speculated thus far, but it makes sense to Feige's priority of setup.

My only question is how a movie like this would be structured? Who would be the main characters be, what would the story be? Would this be an origin story for various X-Men characters in the style of an anthology e.g. Crash-- that leads to the X-Men's formation by the end, or it would be something different. Like a movie set in ancient history with Selene and some other ancient mutants as the main characters.. But that feels kinda close to the Eternals

I'm curious as to what this project will end up being

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"