• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

The MoS suit is 110% the way to go.

It's actually quite amazing, the changes made to the suit in BvS and JL were relatively minor but the results were a huge downgrade from MoS. Sometimes the small things make all the difference (for better or worse).
But the bigger bulge!

I bet Dwayne Johnson has it written into his contract that he has to have the biggest bulge in the DC universe.

Yeh its pretty much just the Reeve suit but I'm imagining it with higher quality materials that also allow us to see the muscle underneath. The pose is a bit off but I just really like this.

The only thing I really prefer on the BvS suit is that the gauntlets and waist ribbing are more integrated into the actual suit, rather than being separate looking pieces on top of it. Other than that... Just do the MoS suit with the brighter colours of the BA scene. I'm fine with that. And maybe shorten the cape. The long one doesn't work for his silhouette.

^ IMO, the waist rubbing is worse, but the gauntlets are better.

Like I’ve said before, the MOS suit is more or less perfect. The only changes I’d make would be to replace the original gauntlets with the ones from DOJ; ditch the fake abs; replace the dirty yellow with black, blue, or a subtle shade of either gold or bronze; and as for the colors…

EB3EF9A2-368B-4491-A48C-0579DC5C3845.jpeg

The blue is more or less perfect but I’m partial to a ruby red.

Yeah I don't get the fake abs on the suit for cavill. His real ones are probably better than the fake ones.

I would have been okay if they just did an upgraded Tyler Hoechlin suit with a proper belt, but with the classic buckle. Or ya know the MOS suit base with a ****ing belt. :hehe:

I’ve never liked using a belt to break up the blue. If it’s not holding his pants up or carrying anything (communicators, medical equipment for disaster victims, etc.), it looks out -of-place. The MOS and (to a lesser extent) Reborn outfits are the only ones that have made it work.

I’ve never liked using a belt to break up the blue. If it’s not holding his pants up or carrying anything (communicators, medical equipment for disaster victims, etc.), it looks out -of-place. The MOS and (to a lesser extent) Reborn outfits are the only ones that have made it work.
90432a2e7278f621e6d98651ee66c068.jpg

I've seen too many takes on this same one.

^ Me too. It looks terrible - not least of all because there’s no need for the side piping if you have a belt.

Idk, I’d be happy with that suit.

I prefer trunks, and in their absence I’d like to see a belt.

The MoS suit is 110% the way to go.

It's actually quite amazing, the changes made to the suit in BvS and JL were relatively minor but the results were a huge downgrade from MoS. Sometimes the small things make all the difference (for better or worse).
The muscle suit is probably the biggest downgrade, it was especially evident in the scenes that Whedon shot, there's a lot less shading on the undersuit, it's mostly just silver plates over a solid black suit.

The problem is really evident in this particular shot
LNgTDFH.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, go with the MOS suit with little to no changes. Whatever they did with the muscles in BvS and JL made him look like he was wearing an exoskeleton. I also don’t like the square belt buckle. The oval-shaped one felt like a nice nod to the Reeve suit; bring that back please.

It's really dumb to have a muscle suit on someone that's already bursting with muscles.
Just make a form fitting suit without enhancements.

I would really love to see how Supes suit is put on. I love the shots in comics, after a big day he comes home and takes his Suit top off.

And if its some alien tech show me how that works.

I would really love to see how Supes suit is put on. I love the shots in comics, after a big day he comes home and takes his Suit top off.

And if its some alien tech show me how that works.
It would prolly be a bit much but I think it' would be cool if it were nano tech.
It would not only form/make his superman suit, but other clothes he needs as well.
But, it would not add him in the use of his powers. That's all him a 100%

It would prolly be a bit much but I think it' would be cool if it were nano tech.
It would not only form/make his superman suit, but other clothes he needs as well.
But, it would not add him in the use of his powers. That's all him a 100%

Never really been a fan of the nano tech for Supes, I like seeing his suit slumped over a chair in his apartment. Kicking his boots off after a big day.

The muscle suit is probably the biggest downgrade, it was especially evident in the scenes that Whedon shot, there's a lot less shading on the undersuit, it's mostly just silver plates over a solid black suit.

The problem is really evident in this particular shot
LNgTDFH.jpg
That's some TDK puzzly nonsense right der.

In defense of the horrible JL look-- Snyder wanted the black suit from day one, WB said no, but he and Wilkinson adjusted the regular blue and red suit to make it easier to digitally convert last minute if they managed to change their minds at the eleventh hour. The highlights (muscle suit) were enhanced to create shape and detail, which would become much more important on a black suit where the other shading would disappear etc.

In defense of the horrible JL look-- Snyder wanted the black suit from day one, WB said no, but he and Wilkinson adjusted the regular blue and red suit to make it easier to digitally convert last minute if they managed to change their minds at the eleventh hour. The highlights (muscle suit) were enhanced to create shape and detail, which would become much more important on a black suit where the other shading would disappear etc.
I don't really buy this, as most of Superman's in-costume scenes in the Snyder Cut use a completely digital suit. He's George Lucas-ing it after the fact to make it seem like he had some master plan.

I don't really buy this, as most of Superman's in-costume scenes in the Snyder Cut use a completely digital suit. He's George Lucas-ing it after the fact to make it seem like he had some master plan.

It's pretty easy to sniff out Snyder's BS, he definitely does that a LOT to make himself seem smarter-- one instance being the reason for doing the black suit at all-- but here I'm sure he's telling the truth. It's only three or so shots from memory that digitally change out the body.

It's pretty easy to sniff out Snyder's BS, he definitely does that a LOT to make himself seem smarter-- one instance being the reason for doing the black suit at all-- but here I'm sure he's telling the truth. It's only three or so shots from memory that digitally change out the body.
I'm pretty sure it's the inverse, where only three shots featured a physical suit. It was just easier for the VFX artists to completely animate the suit rather than spending forever trying to tweak the existing suit to match the different material properties of the black suit.

Justice League: Superman's Black Suit Was Digital, Not Just Re-Colored

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"