NBA 2020-2021 THREAD

can't believe they gave up Curry in this trade and gave Nets a legit Center
BKLN won that trade by a mile basing that on Ben playing however

That was my first reaction too. If Simmons does play, and I suppose he will, it will take him some time, BUT look at the pieces the Nets have now. IMO, Kyrie is a shooting guard that happens to have a P before the G. If you have Kyrie, Kevin, and Seth on the floor at the end of a game, how the EF do you guard that? I would mostly have Simmons setting up the offense and driving. You can put him on just about anyone on defense and he doesn't have to shoot on this team. That being said, Philly kept Harris and Maxey, added Harden, and still have some pretty good depth on the bench. It'll be interesting to see if they go after a 5 to spell Embid or hand that over to Bassey.

Weak.

I truly believe Harden is one of the most overrated players in NBA history. He's figured out how to manipulate and trick the game with flopping, walking and a whole bunch soft whistles to bail him out of horrible shots. It's preposterous to even mention him in the same breath with Jordan, Kobe or Wade, especially after what he just pulled to escape HOU.

Speaking of, let's see now that's Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, John Wall, Westbrook & DeMarcus Cousins, not to mention the role players he's had in HOU too. Hell they even got him "Lin-sanity" at it's height and gave Carmelo a shot smh. Only to jump under KD again along with Kyrie? How many All-stars has he played with now? You still can't win???! At what point will it be Harden's fault when this also doesn't work?

There's not one leader amongst those three. Not one. And sure they could win a bunch of games and make the playoffs and maybe even the Finals. But they will NOT win a championship as currently constructed. Mark my words....

Smh

That was my first reaction too. If Simmons does play, and I suppose he will, it will take him some time, BUT look at the pieces the Nets have now. IMO, Kyrie is a shooting guard that happens to have a P before the G. If you have Kyrie, Kevin, and Seth on the floor at the end of a game, how the EF do you guard that? I would mostly have Simmons setting up the offense and driving. You can put him on just about anyone on defense and he doesn't have to shoot on this team. That being said, Philly kept Harris and Maxey, added Harden, and still have some pretty good depth on the bench. It'll be interesting to see if they go after a 5 to spell Embid or hand that over to Bassey.

My employer has lifted the mask and vaccine mandate and me and my co workers think that means NYC overall will be doing it soon so Kyrie maybe available for all games and mind you him and KD blew the breaks off of Bucks when up 2-0 then kyrie got hurt

But F those Dudes im a Knicks fan and we didn't unload Randle so my sports out look for this year sucks something awful man lolol

My employer has lifted the mask and vaccine mandate and me and my co workers think that means NYC overall will be doing it soon so Kyrie maybe available for all games and mind you him and KD blew the breaks off of Bucks when up 2-0 then kyrie got hurt

But F those Dudes im a Knicks fan and we didn't unload Randle so my sports out look for this year sucks something awful man lolol

Sorry man, Imma go out on a limb and say the NY sports scene hasn't exactly been at the top of the heap this year. .....

Lol at Lakers keeping Westbrook

Just bad decisions in the off season. A lot of people saw that coming and some said it could be overcome.....I think we've got a little more info on who was right.

There was no way they could have traded Russ.

Just bad decisions in the off season. A lot of people saw that coming and some said it could be overcome.....I think we've got a little more info on who was right.

There was no way they could have traded Russ.

In NY sports Radio (yes a cesspool) :hehe:

Tgey was floating a Randle and Fournier for Westbrook trade let him do his solo act for a couple of games then he walks at end of yeR and NY fans me included was trying to wish it into existence ever since Randle gave the thumbs down to the garden hes finished here and Barrett is coming into own lately so the team needs to get turned over to him and Reddish needs the minutes

In NY sports Radio (yes a cesspool) :hehe:

Tgey was floating a Randle and Fournier for Westbrook trade let him do his solo act for a couple of games then he walks at end of yeR and NY fans me included was trying to wish it into existence ever since Randle gave the thumbs down to the garden hes finished here and Barrett is coming into own lately so the team needs to get turned over to him and Reddish needs the minutes

Hadn't heard about that trade, but it sounds like 2 teams trying to dump S*** they don't really want. Randle did some nice work out here a few years ago, but I guess mgmt felt he got too expensive or something.

You wouldn't take him for Westbrook ? He would be a nice 3rd option mood point now but we thought Lakers would jump on that

Last edited:
Hadn't heard about that trade, but it sounds like 2 teams trying to dump S*** they don't really want. Randle did some nice work out here a few years ago, but I guess mgmt felt he got too expensive or something.

You didn't hear about it cause we in ny was trying to wish it into existence on ny sports radio;)

You wouldn't take him for Westbrook ? He would be a nice 3rd option mood point now but we thought Lakers would jump on that

I'd have been all over that like bad breath on a wino. Frankly, getting rid of Westbrook's cap hit alone would be worth it if they got me and a litter of miniature poodles. I'm just guessing our salaries wouldn't match up.

I live in a dream world. I will go to the grave being a Westbrook apologist.

I live in a dream world. I will go to the grave being a Westbrook apologist.
I like the guy. We went to the same high school and I took some classes at UCLA before transferring to Santa Cruz. He just doesn’t seem to be able to change his game and the amount of money he makes is going to cause a lot of teams cap problems. Btw, all those owners who believe in free enterprise but want a salary cap are nothing but a bunch of GD hypocrites.

Westbrook was always overrated. This isn't news to me.

I think it's funny that KD seems only capable of getting the worst "gut check" guys on his team. Kyrie, Harden, now Simmons. They might win a title because KD is that good, but it's pretty clear how good he had it with guys like Curry, Klay and Draymond.

The NFL equivalent to Westbrook was Chad Johnson (ocho cinco) great at improvising and getting stats but when he went to a serious organization (Patriots) showed he just had terrible situational awareness

I'll say it again if you can't find a way to play with C. Paul. Then buy a mirror and stare at the problem

the starters for the All Star game:

VAUQIFo.jpg

Team LeBron
Starters:
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
  • Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
  • DeMar DeRozan, Chicago Bulls
  • LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers (captain)
  • Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets
Reserves:
  • Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
  • Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
  • Darius Garland, Cleveland Cavaliers
  • James Harden, Philadelphia 76ers
  • Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
  • Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns
  • Fred VanVleet, Toronto Raptors
Team Durant
Starters:
  • ** Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (captain)
  • Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
  • Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies
  • Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
  • Andrew Wiggins, Golden State Warriors
  • Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
** = injured

Reserves:
  • LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets
  • Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
  • Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
  • Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
  • Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
  • Dejounte Murray, San Antonio Spurs
  • Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
  • ** Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors

the starters for the All Star game:

VAUQIFo.jpg

Team LeBron
Starters:
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
  • Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
  • DeMar DeRozan, Chicago Bulls
  • LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers (captain)
  • Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets
Reserves:
  • Jimmy Butler, Miami Heat
  • Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
  • Darius Garland, Cleveland Cavaliers
  • James Harden, Philadelphia 76ers
  • Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
  • Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns
  • Fred VanVleet, Toronto Raptors
Team Durant
Starters:
  • ** Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (captain)
  • Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
  • Ja Morant, Memphis Grizzlies
  • Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
  • Andrew Wiggins, Golden State Warriors
  • Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
** = injured

Reserves:
  • LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets
  • Devin Booker, Phoenix Suns
  • Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
  • Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
  • Khris Middleton, Milwaukee Bucks
  • Dejounte Murray, San Antonio Spurs
  • Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves
  • ** Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors

Andrew Wiggins - Starter ?!?!?

Because Middleton and Butler are reserves and someone went out and pushed Ingram off a cliff??????

if i'm not mistaken, i think starters are selected by the number of votes they've received?

if i'm not mistaken, i think starters are selected by the number of votes they've received?
I think it's some sort of hybrid between fans, players and media??? Wiggins is a nice player, but......

I guess a lot of Bay Area fans vote.

I think it's some sort of hybrid between fans, players and media??? Wiggins is a nice player, but......

I guess a lot of Bay Area fans vote.

i think i heard it was the influence of a k-pop artist who said he's a favorite of his or something. i'll be honest i'm too lazy to research that to confirm right now ha

I watched the draft and Durant clearly wanted to say FU Harden and im going S*** on you in playoffs

Barkley continues to be GOAT NBA commentator. He got traded oh he healthy lolol Durant couldn't hold back his laughter.

i would love to have Barkley and Shaq commentate just about everything

Warriors are a very popular team now that they been dropped a couple of pegs but let them win another Chip they will go back to being hated

Warriors are a very popular team now that they been dropped a couple of pegs but let them win another Chip they will go back to being hated
They've got a hell of a team and, when healthy, I don't see anyone hanging with them. Do they even have a center?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"